Home

So what is the latest on rosters for '10?

This is a discussion on So what is the latest on rosters for '10? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2009, 08:48 PM   #9
I Drink Like A Champion!!

yankeesgiants's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: So what is the latest on rosters for '10?

How many treads with the same question? it's been answered already. Mods lockup this thread.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:48 PM   #10
Pro

nightcreeper's Arena

OVR: 9

yes!!!
Old 07-01-2009, 08:59 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazer003
Can you confirm whether or not these rosters will be implemented in online ranked play?
First patch is anticipating having a fix for the online rosters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2009, 09:45 PM   #12
Rookie

TheIrishLegend's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesgiants
How many treads with the same question? it's been answered already. Mods lockup this thread.
Okay, treads!? Move along.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:01 PM   #13
Rookie

HokiesCavs's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy
Wow, didn't know EA actually read this. Sorry for the whole "you should be fired" comments, lol.

I don't think that, I know people make mistakes, its just unreal that its the SAME mistakes every year. I mean just from your own standpoint, forget about the customers, wouldn't you want to stop working on the same problem year after year, and just get it right, so you could quit dealing with it?

Clearly I don't know what all goes into making a video game, but there have been games in the past where it wasn't a problem, so go to that game, and do that again.
The problem is development time. Code is extremely interwoven, so when you change one thing, you often break multiple things. Then you have to spend time fixing those new problems. Sometimes you don't notice the new problems until it is too late. With normal games that have a 2-4 year development cycle, most serious bugs are caught in the testing phase of the development cycle and fixed before release. However, given that yearly sports titles only have about 10 months of development time(2 months after release are spent doing maintenance on the current game and planning the next game) many problems slip thorough the cracks. The developers are just as annoyed by these things that slip through as we are, I assure you. However, they have to release a game every year, so...
Old 07-01-2009, 10:44 PM   #14
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12

My only question among all this crap is, who is naming rosters this year for the 360? I've been sort of out of the loop here recently, and cant for the life of me find who, if anyone, is naming rosters?

I'm assuming they can't be named until after EA releases the corrected roster file, right? And if so, will they be doen exactly as they were last year, where we can just get them out of someones EA locker, or do we need to download some type of teambuilder roster set to have all teams named?

I'm so confused this year...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »