Home

WOW oh WOW....

This is a discussion on WOW oh WOW.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2009, 11:49 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: WOW oh WOW....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
say what you wanna say. but I had a blast playing 08 yesterday, no bull. The game is cheap as hell, go play it again and see how it feels. I played 10 a few more times yesterday and I'm still in aww how bad it looks, I'm playing on PS3. The game play to is meh. I don;t wanna here anything about haters, I have bought very NCAA to date.
I've bought every NCAA back to Walsh and all of the Next Gen versions have been rubbish. Pick your poison.

But if you are enjoying it, that's great. Its just a game, meant to be enjoyable. This series for me has become more frustrating than fun.

I'll pick up 2010 for the online dynasty, but other than that, I don't see myself putting much time into it.

I used to play this franchise 20 hours a week or so. Loved it. Wish it would get back to its roots.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:32 PM   #18
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I've bought every NCAA back to Walsh and all of the Next Gen versions have been rubbish. Pick your poison.

But if you are enjoying it, that's great. Its just a game, meant to be enjoyable. This series for me has become more frustrating than fun.

I'll pick up 2010 for the online dynasty, but other than that, I don't see myself putting much time into it.

I used to play this franchise 20 hours a week or so. Loved it. Wish it would get back to its roots.
Same.

I thought '08 with it's INTs was still better than '09 with it's wide open gameplay and speed cheats.

I wonder how much getting the game to run at 60fps hurt development in other areas.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:46 PM   #19
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
Same.

I thought '08 with it's INTs was still better than '09 with it's wide open gameplay and speed cheats.

I wonder how much getting the game to run at 60fps hurt development in other areas.
the funny thing is, even running at 30fps, I think the game runs fine.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 07-07-2009, 01:41 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
Same.

A huge difference... no coaches on the sidelines, no cut scenes of fans in the stands, etc. I could live without 60fps if it meant bringing back the little things.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:56 PM   #21
Uber Blazer/Beaver Fan

blazer003's Arena

OVR: 10

I play a lot of online ranked games and '08 was by far the best in that catagory (not taking into acccount Online Dynasty, simply talking online ranked). The thing I liked best about '08 online was that there was a difference between playing with Oregon (who I always play with) and Florida, but if I was at the top of my game, I could beat a good Florida user with good strategy.

'09? Florida was unstoppable. Too much time in the pocket that Harvin would eventually get open.

There were too many micro blitzes that worked in '08, but even there a quick screen would do wonders. I felt like in '08 there was a ton of real football strategy playing against a real person.

Obviously playing against the computer was another story...

I too am pretty excited about '10. It is absolutely an upgrade over '09 in the gameplay department IMO. Pass rush still isn't what it needs to be. Sometimes the D-Line gets straight through, but that's rare, and there are too many times that the pass rush is blocked forever, but I'm glad that the touch passes have returned, and if they tone down the over teh shoulder catch just a bit, and cut down on the strip animations even when your defense is set to strip (and also a few more times the running back gets away or at least falls forward for a few more yards as you try to strip the ball) I think gameplay wise it will be enjoyable.

Now if some atmosphere could just be added back. I'm not a happy camper because I feel like this game should be making more progress than it is, but I'm at least a not pissed off camper.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »