Home

So what did NCAA do right?

This is a discussion on So what did NCAA do right? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2009, 04:48 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: So what did NCAA do right?

Not Bama's helmet
Not Iowa's facemask
Not all the stadiums
Not the rosters
Not the sliders

thats what the didint do right...

but for the rest I will have to wait and see... I am sure that I will get fun out of the game since I did last year with OD... but that was the only reason! Offline the game blew chunks... it was literally the first year I didn't even start and offline dynasty b/c the game was totally broken offensively and defensively.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:40 AM   #34
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
Don't forgot they gave us a new camera that most don't like without giving us an option to use the old one. Don't know how they made that decision.

And for the people saying wait until the game comes out, I don't if you realize that all the things listed by the op are all basically confirmed to be broken out of the box.
Yup. I hate the new camera and it's shocking how many things we know are broken before the game has even come out. Apologies only go so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
I agree. The quality of the chants are absolutely horrible. It almost feels like if they lost all their audio files for the chants from previous years and had to quickly go out and re-record some new chants in a 500 seat high school basketball gym with aluminum walls.
The chants were awful in the demo and apparently they are the same on the retail disc. Very poor quality and unacceptable for a next gen title. Not sure if I would find them acceptable on the PS2 - the defense chant is terrible.

As for what they did right - the cpu now throws deep and the pursuit angles are fixed. But the new camera cancels those out. And with broken sliders out of the box, I'm simply passing on this game for now. Maybe if there are enough positive post-patch impressions I will get this game used. No way I'm buying this game again with broken sliders. And I have a feeling the patch won't make them work like we hope either. This development team has lost all benefit of the doubt with the errors they continue to make.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:23 AM   #35
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

I love when people complain about the pass rush. There is nothing wrong with it. I get sacks on the demo. I get sacked on the demo. I really like when people complain for 4 months that they are not going to buy the game. Well if that is the case why do they keep coming back here filling up the forum with their crybaby nonsence? Hey, the OP does not like the game. Good for him. I can't wait to buy it and its not even because of teambuilder because I dont care about teambuilder. I am not even going to use that feature and I am totally excited for this game. I saw plenty of stuff in the demo that was a major plus over 09. The OP and his army of crybabies will not stop me from getting this one and enjoying it and I only play offline.

Last edited by berad88; 07-08-2009 at 08:25 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2009, 08:47 AM   #36
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
I love when people complain about the pass rush. There is nothing wrong with it. I get sacks on the demo. I get sacked on the demo. I really like when people complain for 4 months that they are not going to buy the game. Well if that is the case why do they keep coming back here filling up the forum with their crybaby nonsence? Hey, the OP does not like the game. Good for him. I can't wait to buy it and its not even because of teambuilder because I dont care about teambuilder. I am not even going to use that feature and I am totally excited for this game. I saw plenty of stuff in the demo that was a major plus over 09. The OP and his army of crybabies will not stop me from getting this one and enjoying it and I only play offline.
Your post just makes you another crybaby. Complaining about complaining is counter productive. A message board isn't just for the positive impressions. It's also about getting some stuff off your chest and this development team has admittedly let a ton of errors onto the disc for release. How many more problems will be found when more than a handful of people can play it? There is a lot of frustration surrounding NCAA 10 and some people are more frustrated than others. The bottom line is everyone wants a great college football game.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:54 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 7

I agree, complaining about the color of MSU's uniforms is a little bit ridiculous. Sure it is a little bit off, but honestly I never noticed it until it was pointed out and I'm a pretty big fan. There are much bigger issues than a slightly different shade of green
Old 07-08-2009, 10:08 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1

The only thing negative I noticed playing the demo (other than the crowd chants) was the amount of false starts I got. I managed 5 in a row. Of course, the final version will have the sliders to change that, so I'm not too worried. Hell, I've been buying these games since the beginning when the game was only purchased to hold you over until Madden came out
Old 07-08-2009, 10:35 AM   #39
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHFBFAN1
DAMN RIGHT! EXACTLY RIGHT! I laugh when I come on here! Listen, I have been checking other sites, probably get banned, trying to make a point though, people cant wait for this game to come out! They have played it and love it! come on here and everyone hates it lol! something is not right. Complaining about the color of the damn uniforms, whether or not that cheerleaders panties were scarlet or not, WHO THE HELL CARES! Wait until the damn game hits the shelves, play it, not for just 2 damn quarters with the same 2 teams, play the damn game online, get a damn dynasty started, get on team builder like 100,000 plus have, create a school, run the damn flexbone which I must also add has added some run and shoot philosophies for the pass game, GOOD JOB EA, BADLY NEEDED! This game will be fine, I have said it a thousand times, but u have to give it a chance, play it over a period of time, then make your decisions. THIS IS THE ONLY SITE WITH MORE NEGATIVITY ABOUT THIS GAME! I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!

Almost funny! I am buying 2 games NOW! LOL!
While I agree with not caring about colors, facemasks, socks, dreads, etc....

I disagree with you about the game. NCAA has been a below average game for years. The Demo is horrible. 2008 NG was a bad game, 2009 NG was a worse game. After these two NG releases and a really bad Demo, why would you even begin to think 2010 would be any better.

If you watch college football on Saturdays, EA's version of NCAA football doesn't even come close to replicating that experience. It did on LG, but NG has been a complete failure.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:37 AM   #40
Pro

OVR: 10

LoL @ If its in the game, Its nowhere in NCAA 10

I'm buying and hopefully the Dynasty and Road to Show are good, because thats really all I play, I'm most likely playing with a team Ive never really seen their jerseys, so I should be OK, But if a jersey color or not living up to madden is your main problem just realize something, for the most part NCAA is somewhat the same as last years Madden, in 09 Madden didnt get better by a whole lot, but if things stay how they are, NCAA 10 should be alot better next year, hopefully they add more college nuiances?? but until then, as long as recruiting, and progression work, Im cool ..

Thank You

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »