Home

Anyone miss last gen recruiting?

This is a discussion on Anyone miss last gen recruiting? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2009, 06:49 PM   #17
stewaat

OVR:
Re: Anyone miss last gen recruiting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
I'm interested in recruiting against as well. But this will add even more time to recruiting. I would like to see a "rexcruiting director" in the game so you can determine what recruiting you will do and what trecruiting the cpu will do for you.
I am fairly certain this is already an option within the game. You can have auto-recruiting on.

Old 07-08-2009, 06:51 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

I wish sometimes i could assign points to guys that i dont feel like recruiting. I like recruiting about 10 of my top guys give or take a few. Then i let the computer do the rest. I wish i could assign % on the rest of the guys for the time i leave behind.

I also wish that there was a coach dynasty mode where you could work your way up from an assitant coach to a cordinator to a small school head coach and then to a big school head coach. When your an assistant coach you will focus more of your time on recruiting and only get to work with a certain position and work very little with the gameplan . When you become a coordinator you focus a little more on the gameplan and a lesser amount of time on recruiting. As Head Coach you focus the most on a gameplan and then the least on recruiting. You main job as a head coach in recruiting is to select the guys you want and then be the cherry on top, just like in real life. Head coaches only get so many phone calls, visits, go to one high school game officially, etc. The rest of the coaches can get as many as they want.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:18 PM   #19
Uber Blazer/Beaver Fan

blazer003's Arena

OVR: 10

In general I like the new system better, but once you learn some of the glitches, it's too easy. But that was sort of the same with 06. Hopefully they didn't just slap on the new recruiting against feature.

Also, one of the biggest things that I don't like about current recruiting is the imbalance of players and the resulting lack of talent by computer teams (and sometimes your team if you couldn't land that one 4 star center). But again, that was supposedly addressed.

I do agree with the above, that it would be nice to be able to set the percentage of time you wanted teh computer to spend on players if you're not doing the recruiting. I do all my top players, and often the lesser players too because the computer just doesn't do a very good job (they go after the 2 and 3 stars way to much.)
Old 07-08-2009, 07:24 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 11

I have to sort of agree. I loved the map and it did make me feel like recruiting was a big deal unlike the new recruiting model where it's a lot of faces and a feeling of "aaggghhhhh, how many more people do I have to talk to before I can play my game!"

This is what I wish EA would spend more time on instead of other things to make the dynasty experience more engaging and fun.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:35 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 16

You mean the point values on last gen recruiting? Not a chance. I hated that. It was just too boring and dull for me. I like the calling feature much better, but it does take alot of time. In my opinion, they should just make the recruiting board limit 20, and the commits go to a seperate place so you have more room on the board without losing the player. Also, I liked the US Map interface better since it entices you to recruit in-state and in your pipelines. They should use that interface with a menu popping up so you can see the top 100 recruits, and your recruiting board. I do want to choose my recruits by clicking on there state on the map. I would also love to see one of the All-American games in, or both of them. The Army All-American Game and the Under Armour All-American Game.

This combined with bringing back the spring game and incorporating an Athletic Director mode into the off season of Dynasty would be amazing.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2009, 08:14 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
I am fairly certain this is already an option within the game. You can have auto-recruiting on.
Yes, but it's the depth as to what I am referring. I would like to see a lot more choice and options rather than cpu recruiting on OR off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »