Home

Retail version video (video of USC vs Notre Dame on heisman level)

This is a discussion on Retail version video (video of USC vs Notre Dame on heisman level) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2009, 11:21 AM   #49
MVP

drlw322's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Retail version video (video of USC vs Notre Dame on heisman level)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2krules
Thanks for posting these!

Stupid EA. There are still almost no Auto Instant Replays, even on big plays.

Actually, when I gave up watching, there had been none at all, but I assume that by the end of the game, there's got to be at least one.

Could you tell us if there any?

part of it is my fault i had to push through them because of time constraints on the videos upload. but for the most part if you wait after big plays for the cheer leader cut scenes to end they will show the replay

Old 07-09-2009, 11:22 AM   #50
Rookie

BCScreamingEagles's Arena

OVR: 5

Hey drlw322 thanks for the great vids.

Do you think you could get a video of the Buffalo Bulls at home. I don't care who they play
Old 07-09-2009, 11:23 AM   #51
MVP

drlw322's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedrumsdw
I hope that these penalties will be turned down with a patch too many on aggressive setting I think. It is fine to have some more but gosh one every other play is ridiculous.
they kinda come randomly in bunches. i played the whole 1 qtr and a half with strip ball on aggressive with no penalties and then on 1 drive all of a sudden comes a bunch.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2009, 11:23 AM   #52
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Bandit
I would love to see you go into practice mode, take a playbook from a randow top 25 team, and just quickly scroll through the formations and plays just so we can see how much has changed in an average playbook. You wouldn't even have to scroll through all that slowly, since we can just pause the video on each of the pages to look more in-depth.

good idea
Old 07-09-2009, 11:27 AM   #53
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlw322
i'll try to get 1 qtr of each of your request up tomorrow. As far as my impression:

the game plays very similar to the demo, it seems like the over the top tackling animation were tone down, but i saw a couple of really nice one handed catch animation and miss two hands and 1 hand catch animations, i also saw animations where players would go for the catch or swat but not touch the ball at all because they were out of reach. Despite everyone saying there's not much of a pass rush, i don't believe thats true. I was ILL playing against Ohio state and they had 3 sacks on me in the 1st half. And you tell from the video the way I play. I don't run all over the place when i drop back and i get rid of the ball pretty quick for the most part. I my self feel that i've been able to get pressure on the QB. Not getting lots of sacks but def making the opposing QB make mistakes. I'm avg about 2 to 3 sacks a game on 5 mins qtr on chew clock.
Again, I've seen it all over, there is a misconception about what the pass rush problem is. It's not the CPU getting a rush against you, its your cpu-controlled defenders on your team getting a rush against the cpu. That is non-existent.

The videos look pretty good, but I'm seeing some really dumb CPU playcalling. ND running up the middle on 3rd and 7? Really? With Tate and Floyd on the outside? I'll be able to count the number of times they actually do that this year on two hands, yet it happened at least twice in the first half of these videos. THat is really frustrating to see the CPU running ********ly on 3rd and long so much still.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:31 AM   #54
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlw322
part of it is my fault i had to push through them because of time constraints on the videos upload. but for the most part if you wait after big plays for the cheer leader cut scenes to end they will show the replay
Thanks for the info!
Old 07-09-2009, 11:33 AM   #55
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53
Again, I've seen it all over, there is a misconception about what the pass rush problem is. It's not the CPU getting a rush against you, its your cpu-controlled defenders on your team getting a rush against the cpu. That is non-existent.

The videos look pretty good, but I'm seeing some really dumb CPU playcalling. ND running up the middle on 3rd and 7? Really? With Tate and Floyd on the outside? I'll be able to count the number of times they actually do that this year on two hands, yet it happened at least twice in the first half of these videos. THat is really frustrating to see the CPU running ********ly on 3rd and long so much still.

What would be great informationally speaking is a game between a bad school with a bad LT matched up against a 90+ DE, thats what I want to see. Sliders or not if the DE can't beat that guy some right off the snap sometimes the pass rush is screwed again this year. RATINGS RATINGS RATINGS

Last edited by stevedrumsdw; 07-09-2009 at 11:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2009, 11:50 AM   #56
Rookie

o 99 PROBL3MS o's Arena

OVR: 7

Great videos drlw322. I would love to see Ole Miss vs. Arkansas

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »