Home

Odd motivations by pre-NCAA players

This is a discussion on Odd motivations by pre-NCAA players within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2009, 07:36 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Odd motivations by pre-NCAA players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiohawk23
I am only 22 and I feel like I've lost touch with the NCAA gamers around me. Reading through people's posts and worries on what information they need in order to buy the game is completely out of wack. JERSEY COLORS, I may just be old school but I don't care what the players are wearing. A generation that cares about jersey fashion makes me think we have a bunch of "Bruno"s playing NCAA. Especially when they divulge further into shoe colors, sleeve colors, gloves colors, and facemask styles. Its not a dress-up game its football.

Another wish from those without the game that baffles me, is a battle between 2 things. Rosters vs. Player Ratings, I haven't seen a single player rating request. The names are just dandy but I don't care about seeing my cousin's friend's brother's name in the game if he is rated 70+. I can't work out a game plan with a paper full of names. Give me numbers which equate to strengths and weaknesses and we got the ball rolling.

SOMEONE GET THOSE RATINGS UP!

Finally I read a post on who people play with and I know its college football and I know its about tradition and I know its about favorite teams. But did every little brat out there grow up liking a powerhouse. I LOVE the underdog and my favorite football teams are the little guys who have recently become big programs. I will play with Missouri and Kansas until I die, regardless of rank EVER. I feel like this next generation of gamers have a NEED TO WIN attitude that is sad. In a simulation game, you can have jersey-less numberless powerhouses and play the same....year in and year out.

Does anyone else feel like what they want out of the game is becoming different from what others want?
Umm, we can look at ratings/rosters and they are "****ed up beyond belief."

Secondly, you just said yourself, it's a SIMULATION. Therefore it should not only play like real football, but LOOK like it. Like 50% of players in the NCAA right now have this facemask:

...yet it isn't even in the ****ing game...

People like you are what make this game suck. Year in and year out.

And lastly, if the game WAS good, maybe we wouldn't complain about how players look. I mean, my philosophy is this: if the game is going to play like ***, then at least make it look good.

EA can't do either.

Oh yeah, and how the hell do they mess up Iowa's facemask? All they have to do is look at a ****ing picture of them in google images, but no, that's just too much research right there...

Quote:
I disagree completely because the objective of video games ESPECIALLY sports games is to have the satisfaction of a chess-like move/play/decision work correctly. And that's why video games were successful before we had the glitz and glam.
Congratulations, you have an opinion. And no, they were successful for the same reasons. People just didn't realize that it was possible to have better graphics, so they didn't mind it. That's why people pay $300 for an Xbox 360 and not $5 for an N64.

Last edited by boxcarracer2552; 07-10-2009 at 07:41 AM.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:48 AM   #18
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

Nothing about the game has improved. So after 4 years of NCAA on next gen there are still uniform issues. I can see where some people are pissed. Especially Iowa fans, last year the numbers were screwed now its the facemasks. The equipment hasn't been changed ever, there are the same issues over and over. It doesn't really matter to me I am not buying this game this year. I boycott products like this. There is not a reason in the world for me to buy this game this year.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:21 AM   #19
Rookie

MSchneider84's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
I disagree completely because the objective of video games ESPECIALLY sports games is to have the satisfaction of a chess-like move/play/decision work correctly. And that's why video games were successful before we had the glitz and glam. I play to out think my opponent. NOT TO LOOK GOOD DOING IT.(speaking of uniforms) It may bother me if my players had a 3rd arm or something weird.

So the correct values should be as follows:

Gameplay>Skill Necessity>Features>Presentation>Graphics

YOU GET WHAT YOU GET, AND YOU DON'T GET UPSET!
I'm sorry, but you make absolutely no sense. You want realism, yet you bash those who want their team's uniforms to be correct? How will EA ever make a realistic game if they can't even get a uniform right?
Old 07-10-2009, 09:11 AM   #20
MVP

deucepoppi17's Arena

OVR: 11

I remember when I played NCAA before message boards....life was so much simpler back then.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:47 AM   #21
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama_Slim
I don't think it is much of a stretch to say that gameplay suffers because of the time devoted to stadium and jersey detail to accuracy.
That would be more than a stretch. You don't want artists working on gameplay!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2009, 10:53 AM   #22
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeceptiveBlaze
well you know what im sick off a bunch of people telling what i should care about and shouldn't care about. Does anybody get on you for wanting great gameplay or not caring about facemasks no no one does but yet you feel the need to tell me what i can and can't want in a game. Last time i checked in have to shell out 63 dollars every year and can't express what i want in the game. Season Showdown are you kidding me in the grand scheme of things people don't play with their favorite school online they play to win so was that neccesary. No it wasn't but yet you don't mention that. I want to be able to replicate a player down to every detail madden seemed to be able to add facemasks this year. For the second straight year you have a cover athlete who doesn't have his facemask in game and it's supposed to be ok it's like they are rubbing my face in it.

So move on because if i want to come on here to express what i feel should be in a game i pay my hard earned money on because i want a developer to hear from me then i should be able to without someone calling me bruno or saying my concerns are not worthy of being heard

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:12 AM   #23
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
I am only 22 and I feel like I've lost touch with the NCAA gamers around me. Reading through people's posts and worries on what information they need in order to buy the game is completely out of wack. JERSEY COLORS, I may just be old school but I don't care what the players are wearing. A generation that cares about jersey fashion makes me think we have a bunch of "Bruno"s playing NCAA. Especially when they divulge further into shoe colors, sleeve colors, gloves colors, and facemask styles. Its not a dress-up game its football.

Another wish from those without the game that baffles me, is a battle between 2 things. Rosters vs. Player Ratings, I haven't seen a single player rating request. The names are just dandy but I don't care about seeing my cousin's friend's brother's name in the game if he is rated 70+. I can't work out a game plan with a paper full of names. Give me numbers which equate to strengths and weaknesses and we got the ball rolling.

SOMEONE GET THOSE RATINGS UP!

Finally I read a post on who people play with and I know its college football and I know its about tradition and I know its about favorite teams. But did every little brat out there grow up liking a powerhouse. I LOVE the underdog and my favorite football teams are the little guys who have recently become big programs. I will play with Missouri and Kansas until I die, regardless of rank EVER. I feel like this next generation of gamers have a NEED TO WIN attitude that is sad. In a simulation game, you can have jersey-less numberless powerhouses and play the same....year in and year out.

Does anyone else feel like what they want out of the game is becoming different from what others want?
I commend your post, my friend. I understand people are upset. Hell, I'm a even a little upset. At this point all we can do is

A) Realize "It is what, it is". Play the game, look over it faults and have fun.

B) Don't buy the game and wait for M10 to get you football fix.

or

C) Bitch and Moan about what didn't make it in the game and make yourself miserable.

I'm going with A

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 07-10-2009, 11:19 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 4

I couldn't agree more with the OP.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »