Home

Just got it for PS2 (lack of freshman, other questions here)

This is a discussion on Just got it for PS2 (lack of freshman, other questions here) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2009, 04:17 PM   #1
Rookie

Ronizzle's Arena

OVR: 2
Just got it for PS2 (lack of freshman, other questions here)

I just picked up NCAA 10 for PS2 and going though the rosters....not sure if it's really a 'problem', but some teams like Ohio St, Michigan, USF have 25 or so freshman(including RS)...other teams have no freshman at all...Baylor, Colorado, Colorado St, Kansas St, Rice, Maryland, Purdue, ULL, UNLV, Toledo(as well as others). Some middle of the road teams only had 1-4. I could see the smaller teams not having any freshman, but I was a little surprised to see Colorado, Maryland, Kansas St on the list. They aren't top 10 teams, but still.
Same annoying songs when you load up. Team selection, main screen is different. No more photos of the team you select changing at random, just your favorite team logo. No more banners in the team select either.
I looked up uniforms (if anyone else has anymore questions, let me know). Basically the same as last year. Yellow West Virginia STILL aren't in (this annoyed me). No dark blue tops for UNC, although they have carolina blue top, dark blue bottom. No orange for Oregon St or Boise. No yellow/gold top for Mizzou, Wake...all yellow for Southern Miss. South Carolina has some sweet looking new uni's. The new SMU uni's are in (white helmet), as well as the new UAB ones (UAB along the top, with the logo below it).

BTW, to answer the question from sting in the other thread....Georgia Tech has their new uniforms I belive. Home are white, and away are blue (looks a little purple tho- it might just be me). If you want to know any ratings, give me the # and I can give them to you. I don't have a camera, just my cell phone, and it doesnt take the best pictures, sorry.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2009, 04:22 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: Just got it for PS2 (lack of freshman, other questions here)

I was planning on getting the PS2 version (if the firmware 3.0 for PS3 makes it bc), but this news pisses me off about the freshman missing..

Should have seen it coming really. Now their mistakes are effecting the game that actually plays well.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:23 PM   #3
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Just for the sake of comparison, could I get you to take a quick look at Houston's roster? Maybe that way we can get some idea of whether or not the ps2 rosters are more up to date than the 360/ps3 ones.

Just the qb's jersey #'s and overall ratings should do it, thanks.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:34 PM   #4
Rookie

Ronizzle's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Just for the sake of comparison, could I get you to take a quick look at Houston's roster? Maybe that way we can get some idea of whether or not the ps2 rosters are more up to date than the 360/ps3 ones.

Just the qb's jersey #'s and overall ratings should do it, thanks.
Houston only has 1 true frosh. RB #20- 80 OVR. For the QB's:

#7(Kennum right?)= 91 OVR
#15(SR) = 85 OVR
#9(SORS) = 80 OVR

By the way, I don't know if it's real life, but you guys are loaded with seniors. the only 3 MLB's are RS Seniors, and all 4 Free safety's are seniors also

Last edited by Ronizzle; 07-10-2009 at 04:36 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:38 PM   #5
MattUMD224

OVR:

ARE YOU FRIGGIN KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2009, 04:40 PM   #6
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Uh-oh.

That's the same as the incorrect TB file version (#15 Blake Joseph transfered to Sam Houston State in March-April).

Not good news for the ps2 folks, especially since we haven't heard anything about a roster update for that system.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:41 PM   #7
Rookie

Ronizzle's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattUMD224
ARE YOU FRIGGIN KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, it looks like updating roster's manually this year is almost a lost cause. It would take forever to do. There are some smaller schools with more than 6 or so freshman. However, several of the big name schools still have alot of freshman on their roster. Tennessee has like 15, including both Bryce Brown and Oku. GT has 15 I think. WVU and UNC only have 6. The freshman QB for Kentucky(i forget his name)- is a BEAST. I might have to roll with them just because of him.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:47 PM   #8
Rookie

Ronizzle's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Uh-oh.

That's the same as the incorrect TB file version (#15 Blake Joseph transfered to Sam Houston State in March-April).

Not good news for the ps2 folks, especially since we haven't heard anything about a roster update for that system.
Looks like I might be cashing in on the gamestop offer (trade in NCAA for PS2 i think get $20 towards Madden). Even though I like NCAA better than Madden, I still have NCAA 09, so just keep that. I don't know though, other than most the small schools, and some mid majors, they don't look terribly bad, but it's a let down for sure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »