Home

Just got screwed by ea and ncaa

This is a discussion on Just got screwed by ea and ncaa within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 08:04 PM   #1
tnf
Rookie

OVR: 2
Angry Just got screwed by ea and ncaa

I have the game already and entered my redeem box code to get my teambuilder teams. I thought it saved it because everything else was auto saved. Well I just put the game back in to go try to load my teams and it ask for the redeem box code again. I enter the code and it says the code has already been used. So now it looks like I am going to have to pay more money for some package, I thought teambuilder was free to begin with then I discover this mess. Way to go EA you guys sure know how to please your customers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2009, 08:07 PM   #2
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Just got screwed by ea and ncaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnf
I have the game already and entered my redeem box code to get my teambuilder teams. I thought it saved it because everything else was auto saved. Well I just put the game back in to go try to load my teams and it ask for the redeem box code again. I enter the code and it says the code has already been used. So now it looks like I am going to have to pay more money for some package, I thought teambuilder was free to begin with then I discover this mess. Way to go EA you guys sure know how to please your customers.
They don't screw their customers with this. They screw people who buy the game used, who are not their customers. And the used game business is the biggest rip off in the gaming industry.

Why don't you try calling EA Customer Service? They might be able to help you.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 07-10-2009, 08:10 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 17

NOOOOO I can't believe you can't use Team Builder if you buy the game used. Thats so stupid
Old 07-10-2009, 08:10 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
They don't screw their customers with this. They screw people who buy the game used, who are not their customers. And the used game business is the biggest rip off in the gaming industry.

Why don't you try calling EA Customer Service? They might be able to help you.
That might not be the best of ideas, considering the game isnt supposed to be out yet.

To the OP, I think your best bet is to change the post and post title alittle to get Adam or Russ to click on it and they may be able to help you.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:14 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State-31 UNC-27
NOOOOO I can't believe you can't use Team Builder if you buy the game used. Thats so stupid
Really? The code that would be used on your game would have already been used with the person who previously had the game. Its smart because EA doesnt get any profit from a used game.

I do think its stupid that if you use the code but then your console becomes screwed up, so MS/Sony need to send a new one, that when you try to put the code in the new console it wont work. But, I dont know that it wont work, I am just assuming it wont.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2009, 08:25 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 17

That just doesn't make sense to me that if you own the game used, you can't use all of the features of the game. What about people who want to play the game on two different consoles like taking it to a friends house? Or like you said their 360 breaks or whatever. Or people who want to buy it used. Wow..
Old 07-10-2009, 08:52 PM   #7
Strategy

OVR: 36
Whether or not a person buys a game from, let's say Game Stop, new or used - they are still a customer.I just had to clarify that.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:13 PM   #8
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by all-en
Whether or not a person buys a game from, let's say Game Stop, new or used - they are still a customer.I just had to clarify that.
True, but when you buy that game used you are more a customer of Gamestop or whatever and not EA. EA and other gaming companies see 0 profits from used games/traded in games. The retailer who is re-selling it keeps all the cash.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »