Home

Ncaa 10 - Why is ea selling functions that should be in the game.

This is a discussion on Ncaa 10 - Why is ea selling functions that should be in the game. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2009, 12:46 PM   #49
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Ncaa 10 - Why is ea selling functions that should be in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Guru~
LOL...Hey I would not want to pay for anything either...

But my point is that I understand how a business works...that is all I am saying...

If shooters did not make money for downloadable maps then they would not be there to download..

but you can tell they make good money out of it based on the fact that they release like 2-3 map packs per game every time

remember the nintendo days and genesis days....We had to dea with no patch and no map packs and no roster updates and it was all for 50 bucks

the console gets better and therefore the games get better and therefore the price per game goes up to 60

If Halo or KIll Zone came out next week and said...

We will have new uniforms and weapons along with more new maps for online and it will cost you 10 bucks..

There would be an outrage on the forums...but I bet you they will still sell like hotcakes...no?
Ok I see your point but I really believe - especially as a long-time Socom addict back in the day - that Map packs are a different animal altogether. A brand new map for people to explore, play in, etc. is WORTH the money! I buy the updates from Forza because I think they're worth it. This isn't that. And in those games, you don't have these popup ads constantly messing up the experience.

If they came back a month from now with a huge update that had all kinds of alternate unis for every team, including old ones, or something like that... And didn't have annoying popup ads - I'd never say a word.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:54 PM   #50
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
lol is it really that tough on the psyche to just select "no" and move on? I didn't know about these accelerators before I got the game on Thursday and the first time I came across one I was like "what is this ****."

It's a cheat folks...nothing more, nothing less. I can understand why some considers it annoying....but the complaints are getting a little ridiculous now. Lets be honest...it's not really an assault on the senses or some egregious act like leaving out an entire BCS conference. Plus they're only there during the first play through of a mode as if to say "hey just so you know...here I am!!" I've created two separate RTG modes and only saw the 5-star recruit pop up in the first one...once it made me aware that it's there guess what happened??? It never showed up again.

Sometimes I honestly think people on OS seek out things to complain about just to run here and start posting.

Plus...why would a publicly traded company stop trying to bring in revenue? They do have some responsibility to their shareholders, so while I would never use one of the accelerators--I'm not going to complain about a company trying to make money. Are they supposed to do the exact opposite of that?
I have always been a huge EA guy dude. I loved '09. I loved '08. Even when people were complaining about those games I played them and played them. Over the last few months I've been begging people to wait until the game came out, and to play it, before judging it. I'm on their side, so to speak. I guess my point with this is I'm not a typical OS guy that whines about everything EA does.

But the public has a duty to stand up and say look... We really don't appreciate this, and we don't want to see this become a trend. Literally dude, before you played a year of online dynasty you will have had to ignore at least 5-6 popup ads, the constant Y-button on every screen, etc. And most importantly, you can't start an online dynasty because of the cheats that you wouldn't even be able to tell if everybody had. So effectively what they've done is take a guy who wouldn't WANT to pay for this stuff because I just like to play clean - and instead I'll have to advise my league that everybody buys it so we can at least be on the same level playing field.

This whole thing is just a slippery slope that I really don't hope they go down. So I will complain about it. Because It's not real content, and they still want to get paid for it. And eventually this will tarnish their reputation.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:17 PM   #51
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
I have always been a huge EA guy dude. I loved '09. I loved '08. Even when people were complaining about those games I played them and played them. Over the last few months I've been begging people to wait until the game came out, and to play it, before judging it. I'm on their side, so to speak. I guess my point with this is I'm not a typical OS guy that whines about everything EA does.

But the public has a duty to stand up and say look... We really don't appreciate this, and we don't want to see this become a trend. Literally dude, before you played a year of online dynasty you will have had to ignore at least 5-6 popup ads, the constant Y-button on every screen, etc. And most importantly, you can't start an online dynasty because of the cheats that you wouldn't even be able to tell if everybody had. So effectively what they've done is take a guy who wouldn't WANT to pay for this stuff because I just like to play clean - and instead I'll have to advise my league that everybody buys it so we can at least be on the same level playing field.

This whole thing is just a slippery slope that I really don't hope they go down. So I will complain about it. Because It's not real content, and they still want to get paid for it. And eventually this will tarnish their reputation.

One of the fixes in the patch is supposed to be a toggle to allow the "accelerators" to be turned off in online dynasty.

Yes, most of us old school diehards probably wish that these things didn't even exist at all, but truth be told, that genie is never going back into the bottle. I'm guessing that 90% of all publishers are going to eventually have something similar. You certainly have the right to protest against it, but it will be to no avail. There's too much money to be made with RMT(Real Money Transactions)

Toggles for these kinds of things, to prevent unfair advantages in multiplayer modes, is going to be the best that people can hope for. MMO players have been dealing with this reality for a while now and there are no toggles to keep people from buying their way to success.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2009, 01:22 PM   #52
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan

I understand everything you're saying but I still think it's blown out of proportion. The only accelerators that I've personally seen are the 5-star prospect in RTG, buying an extra pipline state, the recruit reports in the recruiting screen, and the training in the offseason menu. So that's only 3 in Dynasty Mode...not 5-6, and they only pop up in your first play through of your very first season of dynasty. Please don't spread false info, after your first experience of the pop up they just become an extra option on the menu. Hardly as annoying as some people would make it seem. Complaints like this are like the nagging complaints of a girlfriend or a wife that go completely ignored. They seriously only pop up once for the person who doesn't frequent the online forums and don't already know about the accelerators and what aspect of the game they effect. Once they're made known, they no longer pop up....

When EA knows that...and people still say "hey man!!! these pop ups...WTF?"

EA pretty much says "huh? unless you're completely deleting your profile and starting new dynasties every day why would the pop ups really bother you?" a quick laugh, and then they proceed to ignore you.

And while I agree with the online dynasty part of your argument, I read that EA said they'll patch the game to remove that from the OD. That really sucks, they should have looked into that if they were hell bent on putting in acceletators.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:23 PM   #53
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier4974
Okay, so which is it??

This will really suck donkey nuts if there's no way to turn this crap off for OD or online play in general!!! I mean, no way to know if anyone is using the DL cheats and then having an unfair advantage that it affords them?? Let's just cater to the cheesers and cheaters of this world EA, all to make a buck

If true.................C'MON EA, GET YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR ARSES AND YOUR HANDS OUT OF OUR POCKETS!!!!
It's being included in the first patch. Adam Thompson posted a thread about it.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:36 PM   #54
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
I understand everything you're saying but I still think it's blown out of proportion. The only accelerators that I've personally seen are the 5-star prospect in RTG, buying an extra pipline state, the recruit reports in the recruiting screen, and the training in the offseason menu. So that's only 3 in Dynasty Mode...not 5-6, and they only pop up in your first play through of your very first season of dynasty. Please don't spread false info, after your first experience of the pop up they just become an extra option on the menu. Hardly as annoying as some people would make it seem. Complaints like this are like the nagging complaints of a girlfriend or a wife that go completely ignored. They seriously only pop up once for the person who doesn't frequent the online forums and don't already know about the accelerators and what aspect of the game they effect. Once they're made known, they no longer pop up....

When EA knows that...and people still say "hey man!!! these pop ups...WTF?"

EA pretty much says "huh? unless you're completely deleting your profile and starting new dynasties every day why would the pop ups really bother you?" a quick laugh, and then they proceed to ignore you.

And while I agree with the online dynasty part of your argument, I read that EA said they'll patch the game to remove that from the OD. That really sucks, they should have looked into that if they were hell bent on putting in acceletators.
+1. Very much agreed. The accelerators aren't that great. I wouldn't use them even if they were free.
Old 07-12-2009, 02:34 PM   #55
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

My problems with the acceleraters is this. 1st the game is broken. How can you sell me a broken game and then expect more money? And 2nd the stuff they're selling is dumb. Give us equipment upgrades or FCS Schools or something instead of the crap they're selling.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2009, 02:51 PM   #56
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
My problems with the acceleraters is this. 1st the game is broken. How can you sell me a broken game and then expect more money? And 2nd the stuff they're selling is dumb. Give us equipment upgrades or FCS Schools or something instead of the crap they're selling.
How is the game broken?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »