Home

Total Plays on Sim games on NCAA 10

This is a discussion on Total Plays on Sim games on NCAA 10 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2009, 01:45 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Total Plays on Sim games on NCAA 10

Yeah, I would definitely like to see a run-first team's (like Navy, Army, and Georgia Tech) statistics at the end of the year. This would give a good indication as to what the problem could be.

And for a more balanced team take a look at TCU or Alabama. If all of those teams have really high play counts like SMU, then it may be a timing problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2009, 02:03 AM   #26
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobe111
I'm not so concerned over the number of plays

What I am concerned for is if that inflats the end of year stats.

Could you please sim a season then post the top 5 end of season stats? Like Passing Yards, Touchdowns, Ints, Completion %
In the impressions thread like a page back. Von Dozier posted the top 5 passers. Although he didnt list total attempts which would have been nice based on this issue. The numbers were reasonable.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:04 AM   #27
Pro

OVR: 9

The 58 plays/game last year for SMU speaks to it's bad defense, because that is a really low number of plays for a college team. But there does seem to be something wrong here because in your dynasty, they are averaging 86.

I think the average college game has around 140 plays, but I do know that Oregon one year ran something like 86 offensive plays/game, so it's possible. (I think it was 2007 or something, before the new clock rules)

SMU in your dynasty, threw 717 passes, and completed only 49.8% of their passes. That leads to a lot of plays that stopped the clock, just as I said earlier, but still over 1000 plays in 12 games seems like overkill.

I would have to see all the opponents stats too, because maybe it has to do with their opponents either not running clock (aka also having a ton of incompletions), or scoring really fast and SMU juat getting a lot of possessions.

Also, like the other people said, you should show the stats of a team like Alabama (or any run based team really) and see if they have the same problems.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:16 AM   #28
Rookie

Jobe111's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
In the impressions thread like a page back. Von Dozier posted the top 5 passers. Although he didnt list total attempts which would have been nice based on this issue. The numbers were reasonable.
OK thanks

And I don't see the issue exactly. I'm a sim gamer and from everything I've seen the stats look reasonable, just the number of plays is a little off. Just my opinion tho

We just wait for our turn to speak.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:45 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 8

Just wondering, are special team plays included in the total number of plays?!?!
Old 07-13-2009, 03:02 AM   #30
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by icomb1ne
Just wondering, are special team plays included in the total number of plays?!?!
No, offensive plays only.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:10 AM   #31
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobe111
OK thanks

And I don't see the issue exactly. I'm a sim gamer and from everything I've seen the stats look reasonable, just the number of plays is a little off. Just my opinion tho
It depends on how the extra plays are used whether its a major issue.

I saw the numbers for the top 5 QBs and HBs and they looked reasonable, so either they are not effected (their teams are not averaging alot more plays) or they completed more short pass than normal since we know Comp%, yardage, tds, and ints didn't look too bad.

Since one person posted that like 60 receivers were over 80 catches. This is what i think is happening- too many short passes which racks up receptions and secondary tackles. If you don't care greatly about those two areas- stats are fine.

Could raise the running/pass slider for all the teams to run more- ie more clock used maybe. Could make sure Adam sees this and see if the plays can be tweaks down a bit too. I don't have the game, so i am jsut trying to piece together the information i have found so far.

We have seen worse stats from the cpu in prior versions if his information is true so take it for what you will.

Last edited by dkrause1971; 07-13-2009 at 03:12 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2009, 04:51 AM   #32
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
It depends on how the extra plays are used whether its a major issue.

I saw the numbers for the top 5 QBs and HBs and they looked reasonable, so either they are not effected (their teams are not averaging alot more plays) or they completed more short pass than normal since we know Comp%, yardage, tds, and ints didn't look too bad.

Since one person posted that like 60 receivers were over 80 catches. This is what i think is happening- too many short passes which racks up receptions and secondary tackles. If you don't care greatly about those two areas- stats are fine.

Could raise the running/pass slider for all the teams to run more- ie more clock used maybe. Could make sure Adam sees this and see if the plays can be tweaks down a bit too. I don't have the game, so i am jsut trying to piece together the information i have found so far.

We have seen worse stats from the cpu in prior versions if his information is true so take it for what you will.
yeap, after looking more and more i find this is what it`s going on.

Those 10 or 15 extra plays are not reflected on league leaders.
But you will notice them on some areas as you mention.

Not a big issue, but still wondering why ea add those extra plays to their sim games.
There were no issue here last year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »