Home

Anatomy of a Recruiting Class

This is a discussion on Anatomy of a Recruiting Class within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2009, 10:55 AM   #33
Rookie

jms493's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Anatomy of a Recruiting Class

Thats good stuff Hellisan. Helps us that dont have the game yet......I wont feel so lost and have to learn everything from scratch!!
Old 07-13-2009, 11:00 AM   #34
Rookie

DJncsu13's Arena

OVR: 2

great stuff. Definately keeps us in the loop! Nice work!
Old 07-13-2009, 11:17 AM   #35
Rookie

bdawgdude's Arena

OVR: 5

Wait, UGA got invited to the Cotton Bowl? They SEC West is the one locked into the Cotton Bowl. You should be in the Outback...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2009, 11:30 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

If I'm getting this right the number one player in the recruiting class could be an unknown until after the season? I could understand if they used the new players in the class as three star late bloomers/sleepers, but to be five-star, top of their position players? I had a laugh too when I saw there was a five-star punter.

Even with all that said I can't wait to play an online dynasty.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:08 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 1

So who's up for doing the same sort of thing with a low-prestige team?

www.traditionfootball.com/offl
Old 07-13-2009, 01:58 PM   #38
EA Game Changer

OVR: 3

Fantastic stuff, Helli.
Twitter: @Drifterbub
Old 07-13-2009, 02:35 PM   #39
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPU
When you say "+18" or "+8".... is that on a scale of 100? For example, the player's interest lies at 35/100... then you get a +18 so it becomes 53/100?
I think it might be out of 100, yeah. But that's not his interest overall, that's just his interest for the call. You can make it go up a certain amount during the call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink4ever
Hey man, thanks for taking the time to do this. I really appreciate it.

I guess I'm not too worried about my offline dynasty, I use a 1* program in the northeast and all but three or four of my attributes are in the D and D+ range. I also doubt I'll use promises.

All this recruiting stuff is really whetting my appetite for this game, thanks again for posting this.
No problem, I think it'll be a lot different for a bad team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaIrish
So who's up for doing the same sort of thing with a low-prestige team?
I could do it... eschewing the listing of ratings and sims and stuff... by tomorrow it won't matter anyway, I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
That's interesting that they're holding back players that are so good. I have a quick question about these guys that you probably haven't noticed the answer to. Was there a #1 T and CB during the season? IE, did it look like this:
IN SEASON:
#1-5 Ts
OFF SEASON:
New #1 T so old #1-5 were moved down to #2-6

or like this:
IN SEASON:
#2-6 Ts with no #1 tackle.

I'm guessing that it's like the first example. If so, that'll make things intersting. In the OFFL, we have restrictions on recruiting such that we can normally only sign 2 5*s. It'll make us decide if we want to use our 5* quota on that #1 QB and #1 MLB now and risk the chance that there's a better QB and MLB out there or if we want to wait.
Yeah that is an interesting question. I do believe that it was the first option. They didn't leave holes open for the players that they were going to insert... And yeah will definitely make it interesting for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms493
Thats good stuff Hellisan. Helps us that dont have the game yet......I wont feel so lost and have to learn everything from scratch!!
Hopefully I don't have to hit you over the head with a proverbial frying pan to help you get things going again this year....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJncsu13
great stuff. Definately keeps us in the loop! Nice work!
NP man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdawgdude
Wait, UGA got invited to the Cotton Bowl? They SEC West is the one locked into the Cotton Bowl. You should be in the Outback...
Yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndon1224
If I'm getting this right the number one player in the recruiting class could be an unknown until after the season? I could understand if they used the new players in the class as three star late bloomers/sleepers, but to be five-star, top of their position players? I had a laugh too when I saw there was a five-star punter.

Even with all that said I can't wait to play an online dynasty.
You make a very good point here.

I sort of envisioned it as he was a player that wasn't willing to get into serious discussions with a school until his season was over, or whatever... But if I had my choice, I'd rather have it be those harder-to-find players that maybe the scouts didn't recognize until later. I like that better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifterbub
Fantastic stuff, Helli.
Thanks mang
Old 07-13-2009, 03:02 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
Yeah, as it turns out, it's just like last year. They'll still show up after that first sim.
Actually, in '09, recruits that accept scholarships to other schools only remain in your list if you have previously offered them scholarships. The players that "disappeared" from your list are players that you probably hadn't gotten around to offering scholarships to yet. This is why it may appear to only happen in week 1 because often you haven't offered all your recruits scholarships before time runs out for week 1 recruiting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »