Home

Why do people play online ranked games versus random people?

This is a discussion on Why do people play online ranked games versus random people? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2009, 04:08 PM   #9
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Why do people play online ranked games versus random people?

A lot of my friends don't play On the PS3 (They all are Xbots) so i'm forced to play randoms. I'd like to play people i know, but i don't have the option. I get annoyed and then just don't play online and just go back to dynasty.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:16 PM   #10
Rookie

tbone1's Arena

OVR: 7

Kind of new to playing online.
Whats the best/easiest way to get a good game online.
I would love to play exclusivley OS faithful such as yourself Stewaat.
Is their an easy method for adding friends
Old 07-13-2009, 04:17 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 60

I'm not a big fan of online games either. The few times that I try I end up playing "cheesers." I feel like the computer plays a lot more realistically and I have a better time with that. I get my game-diversity from "Play Now" modes. I also usually complete a season or two of Franchise/Dynasty in football games (can't get through 20 NBA season games without restarting the season ten times). I'm like you because I mostly like just playing my friends when I do play online.

Last edited by marcoyk; 07-13-2009 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Clarification
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2009, 04:19 PM   #12
Uber Blazer/Beaver Fan

blazer003's Arena

OVR: 10

In 08 I loved it because I could beat just about anyone (I beat #2 in the world at the time and probably 5 in the top 100) in a particular game. Not to say I did beat everyone. Playing those top ranked guys you lose a fair number too, but I always played as Oregon (who was vastly underrated in the game, and I didn't/don't) cheese at all. Maybe 3 or 4 scrambles a game with Dixon)

In '09 it was a different story. Jayrus Bird, the #2 CB for the Ducks, the guy who just got drafted in the (4th?) rd of the NFL draft was slow as hell. Like, 86 speed I think. That coupled with the fact that you could get no pressure on the QB allowed just about any yahoo with skill beat me with a guy with speed if they knew how to exploit it. I stopped playing anyone who picked Florida. I also stopped playing random people because I'm too stuborn to switch and use another team besides Oregon, or Oregon State.

Unfortunately it looks like this year may be the same.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:21 PM   #13
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone1
Kind of new to playing online.
Whats the best/easiest way to get a good game online.
I would love to play exclusivley OS faithful such as yourself Stewaat.
Is their an easy method for adding friends
We have our OS online dynasty. I suggest finding a league. This way you get all aspects of the game (recruiting, awards, bowl games) and you still get human competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoyk
I'm not a big fan of online games either. The few times that I try I end up playing "cheesers." I feel like the computer plays a lot more realistically and I have a better time with that. I get my game-diversity from "Play Now" modes. I also usually complete a season or two of Franchise/Dynasty in football games (can't get through 20 NBA season games without restarting the season ten times). I'm like you because I mostly like just playing my friends when I do play online.
Online dynasty!

Old 07-13-2009, 04:35 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
So the bottom line is: I want to be the best NCAA player?
Competition.

To me Online Dynasties are just as boring as having to play an offline dynasty. People just aren't good at this game anymore and all EA does is keep making the game easier and easier. I haven't played in an OD where there is any real competition.

I hate when I hear people throw cheese around so loosely. There is no such thing as cheese. One person may decide to play the game differently than you. They wasted $60.00 on another bad game so let them play it anyway they see.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:36 PM   #15
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcopenhagenh
Competition.

To me Online Dynasties are just as boring as having to play an offline dynasty. People just aren't good at this game anymore and all EA does is keep making the game easier and easier. I haven't played in an OD where there is any real competition.

I hate when I hear people throw cheese around so loosely. There is no such thing as cheese. One person may decide to play the game differently than you. They wasted $60.00 on another bad game so let them play it anyway they see.
I agree "cheese" is a word that needs to die. However you can exploit the game, and from my experience the majority of online games are between people who exploit the game.

I'm not too bad with the sticks, I came in 3rd at a Madden Challenge about 4 years ago. After that I stopped playing people because when I went there and saw the type of people that played I instantly became embarassed.

I beat the guy who won a past Madden Challenge and that was pretty cool. They kept saying "white boy pretty good on the sticks" haha. Never gonna forget that experience! My opponents were surprised when I ran a balanced offensive attack, I think that's why I was so successful. I ended up losing to the champ who was unreal with Vick. This was Madden 05 or something like that...not sure. I know Vick was on the game and a beast, old-gen XBOX.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2009, 05:53 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 8

Simply put: COMPETITION.

I have never, ever played a single game vs. the CPU in any sports game. Defeats the whole purpose for me. I don't care about pricing hot dogs, drafting fake players, or rushing for 4,000 yds vs. the CPU. Just boring to me.

I play these games for the human element, the competition. I hate "cheese" too, but if you play your game, stick to it, make adjustments, anything can be countered. Just love the competiton.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »