Home

8.3 from IGN

This is a discussion on 8.3 from IGN within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2009, 08:18 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 60
Re: 8.3 from IGN

Well... that was a complete joke of a review. She/he called Season Showdown an exciting feature and said the crowd noises were good. And she/he made about five references to defensive assist as the "win button." Enough said; not taking this review seriously.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:22 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by nccomicfan
Two thoughts from the video review

1) Being almost two-thirds of the way through the video before you even mention gameplay discredits the entire video for me

2) If I were a person new to the franchise, telling me gameplay is "just more of the same" makes the review useless

It's no coincidence to me that IGN is also the first three letters in the word ignorant
Hahaha that post was hilarious. And that bolded quote made me cry a little.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:30 PM   #35
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoyk
Well... that was a complete joke of a review. She/he called Season Showdown an exciting feature and said the crowd noises were good. And she/he made about five references to defensive assist as the "win button." Enough said; not taking this review seriously.
She also said, every EA game should have Season Showdown!
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2009, 08:37 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 11

Some things were things I don't think are important (season showdown), but some points were right.

Things like calling the same play on defense could be part of setup plays. Things like generated names are another concern. In the end he said the game is good, but not as good as it might be which I think most will agree with in the end. Good enough to buy, but maybe not as good as Madden.

I will say though that previously I was not at all interested, but after reading some impressions and reviews it seems the game wasn't as disappointing as expected. Worth a $60 upgrade? I can't say. But at least the game isn't the same exact thing as last year
Old 07-13-2009, 09:09 PM   #37
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37

I like the gameplay....BUT the presentation is well below par (patch please?) And the Teambuilder issues are not helping. The Presentation overall needs a serious overhaul....The CPU AI does a a good job at making you pay for bone-headed play calling....I may do an in-depth review after I spend about 3-4 good days with the game as a whole!
Old 07-13-2009, 09:12 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 6

can you shut the "win" button off? i have a ton of guys in my league who would exploit a defensive assist button in critical situations if they need it to win
Old 07-13-2009, 09:14 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 7

I agree with the rating IGN gave it. They didnt do enough to the core gameplay experience to receive anything above a 8.5. Teamxbox gave it a 9.3 or something which is pretty ridiculous...
Old 07-13-2009, 09:20 PM   #40
Rookie

oukingpen's Arena

OVR: 5

IGN's score, although somewhat positive, is skewed in that they included spank material Erin Andrews.

Teamxbox's score should be, "Rating Sponsored by EA Sports: 9.3/10"

With that said, I'm in no hurry to get the game but I will get it. Sad, cuz it used to be a Day 1 purchase.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »