Home

8.3 from IGN

This is a discussion on 8.3 from IGN within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2009, 09:25 PM   #41
Banned

Kentucky3D's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: 8.3 from IGN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
not sure you can take him seriously. he is the guy that said GTA IV is the greatest game ever created.

he is talking about Defensive Assist though, but it's not even close to being a "win" button. and he praised Season Showdown, you pretty much can stop there.
GTA IV is hands down the most impressive game of this generation so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2009, 09:27 PM   #42
Pro

DiddyGotGrillz's Arena

OVR: 11

I'll wait to hear OS review of the game...I mean I have it, but I can't take IGN seriously when it comes to sports games.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:29 PM   #43
Rookie

okstate19's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshness10
Can someone tell me if it will be like last year when all of the Human vs. Human games were shootouts scoring 100 points or more combined nearly every game? Or is there games against humans where it is a defensive battle with scores like 17-10 or so?

As somebody who played lots of human vs. human games online last year, I can definitely say that not every game is a shoot-out anymore. My buddy and I always had games that were in the 50's and 60's on 09. The highest either one of us have scored on each other is 38 this year. He actually beat me 17-10 yesterday. (Oregon St. at Nebraska in heavy snow).

Last edited by okstate19; 07-13-2009 at 09:35 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:36 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

I don't usually bother reading reviews or game impression threads because I like to just make my own decision's without any influences one way or the other.

But this review IMO is pretty much how felt after playing the demo version.

I personally don't think the game was major upgrade over 2009. It has some new features and any other year those features would have made the game a huge day 1 purchase for me because i love editing stuff in mostly all sports games.

However, Madden 10 is the game I would prefer to spend my $60 bucks on this time only. For years I've been giving EA $100 bucks on their football games (NCAA/Madden) and on the old PS2 or XBOX i felt the at the end of the year it was money well spent.

Not anymore, I haven't been happy with Madden in like 3 or 4 years and NCAA was my top game. But this year I feel like Madden made the most improvement and it really wouldn't bother me to stick with NCAA 09 at all until I get the game NCAA 10 dirt cheap.......

Who knows maybe the game is more like 9.5 or higher but from what I've seen out of NCAA 10 that 8.3 seems pretty fair to me as an overall score.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 07-13-2009, 09:44 PM   #45
Rookie

striker3771's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by oukingpen
Teamxbox's score should be, "Rating Sponsored by EA Sports: 9.3/10"

If people would put 2 and 2 together, they would agree. EA had this posted on their NCAA site within minutes after Teamxbox released their review.

Back on topic, this review was average. After playing the game extensively for two days, the score seems about right. I'm waiting to read OS and Gametrailer's review.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2009, 10:08 PM   #46
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod1981
LOL its sooo sad we all said this last year.

Yeah, but Madden 10 has raised the bar significantly. So there's more hope for next year than usual. I expect NCAA 11 to have referees, PRO-TAK, and improved presentation.

Madden's pre-order demo comes out July 23rd. It won't be long before everyone can really start to compare the titles.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:28 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 1

i think the rating is fair..

ncaa 10 isn't great.. but it's not that bad

http://twitter.com/phillyxfan
Old 07-13-2009, 10:33 PM   #48
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

IMHO it's fair. A reasonable person could play this thing and call it anywhere from a 7.5 to a 9.0 and not lose their credibility. But not while writing that there are no new animations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »