Home

NCAA Football 10 Review

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Review within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2009, 08:43 AM   #73
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: NCAA Football 10 Review

A really nice review Chris. I had to laugh at the comments about the crowd chants and the audio. So true from the demo experience.

I don't have the game yet and have almost broken down and bought the game but I promised myself I would wait until the patch. I'm a slider nerd and I just can't play a game with broken sliders anymore. I need to know if the sliders work well. I think I can hold off until then and I need to know if the cpu can mount a good rushing attack. Too many people think if the cpu rushes for over 100 yards once in awhile (usually with a long run in there) that the cpu ground game is fine. That's not good enough for me. If I have a bad defense, I want to see the cpu just pound the ball down my throat consistently. I don't want every cpu rushing game over 100 yards to exist only because of that big run they had. That didn't exist in '09 and I hope it exists in '10.

I'm also a big presentation guy. That's why I have been keeping my eye on Madden even though I would rather NCAA be the better game. I don't have the time to justify owning both football games. Still torn on what I'm going to do.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:46 AM   #74
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinSports414
What version of the demo did you download? Fact is, the line interaction is clearly better than it was last year - leading to better gameplay. It's definitely not where it should be right now, but to say the game is as wide open as last year (despite the main issue which made it wide open having been fixed - pursuit angles) honestly leads me to believe you are lying about playing it, or just not paying much attention to details.
I downloaded the NCAA 10 demo from Xbox Live Marketplace. Trust me, I am still playing the online dynasty mode from NCAA 09 right now, I know how the game plays. The same money plays are still there, the same awful blocking.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 07-14-2009, 09:31 AM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 1
can someone tell me if they fixed the Defensive glitches?? like does the quarters D still stop EVERYTHING??? that was a huge problem for me last year. the same D would just shut you down. i hope they fixed this. can someone let me know if you actually HAVE to mix up the D???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2009, 09:44 AM   #76
Rookie

Dollar Theater's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyvally74
If you don't buy this game, well you wouldn't be much of a college football fan.
I disagree with that. Being such a HUGE college football fan is what makes the recent additions to this series disappointing. As mentioned in the review, it hasn't felt like a real college football environment since last gen. The demo did nothing for me and since apparently the retail is basically the same, I'm going to pass on this one for the first time in a very long time. Maybe '11 will be the breakthrough year.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:04 AM   #77
MVP

OVR: 18
I'm loving the improved running game and I have to agree that the game is better than '09 but just missing the college atmosphere a bit. Again, I do believe that this was intentionally downplayed so that '11 will have something to do. I now actually believe sports games should be bought every other year with roster updates on the off years. Gaming has become too "big business" for me.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:43 AM   #78
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
I love that defense is back in the game and the new fast clock makes playing 15 minute quarters a lot more statistically accurate. The presentation stinks on ice and some of the bugs on the disc are just crazy. Didn't someone think to check the sliders after last year? We have our answer.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:01 AM   #79
Pro

OVR: 2

I only got to play one game last night because of work today; however the Tech/UGA game, I must say that it seems as though it's going to be a totally different game with my Yellow Jackets last year given the playbook and HB blocking schemes. It's really quick to now playing the spread option compared to last year. So I'll know more once I play more after work, but that's just my first impression, it's an improved game in regards to Georgia Tech
Old 07-14-2009, 11:14 AM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 5

Great review. I find myself agreeing with you on all points.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »