Home

ARRRGH...This CAMERA is giving me HEADACHES

This is a discussion on ARRRGH...This CAMERA is giving me HEADACHES within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2009, 10:59 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: ARRRGH...This CAMERA is giving me HEADACHES

Oh there is definitely a difference this year....

This year the camera is lower to the field giving you less of a bird'seye (ariel) view of the field. This isnt so bad for me, however I would have liked to be able to choose between another view similar to either 2009 CAM or one of the previous version's Classic Cams

The other thing that makes it very annoying and distracting (for me and some others) is the CAM now has this Pivot/Tracking feature that will follow the ball carrier and keep him centered in the screen as he runs. The problem isnt so much that as it is that the smooth panning and gameplay get broken up as soon as the ball carrier changes direction, stutter steps, wiggles, jukes, runs into a linemen, tackler...the slightest hesitation gets reproduced by the camera thats tracking him and it degrades the fluidity of the action and can make the game feel choppy at times

Perhaps it just needs a tweak to lessen the effect

Have you guys also noticed this, which may not even be related to the CAM;
Sometimes the gameplay animations and speed is lifelike and buttery smooth and then sometimes on some plays or situations it will get erratically fast like the action in those old B&W silent movies. It wont always stay consistent
Old 07-23-2009, 01:28 AM   #50
Rookie

lazerROOSTER's Arena

OVR: 8

I just hate how when you check your play out it transitions soooo badly. If it all! Sometimes it just stays or goes to this weird angle. Really frustrating to play with.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:37 AM   #51
Pro

DereckM's Arena

OVR: 8

I must be the only person that cant see my WRs when im passing with this new camera. Its like I have to estimate where they are and whats going on with them. I play stay in the pocket football so I dont do too much running back or out of the pocket if I dont have to. Can someone tell me if they have a problem with seeing their WRs? Or am I just the only person with this version of the game lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2009, 03:46 AM   #52
Banned

OVR: 7

Unless you roll out, you pretty much have to hope you read the defense correctly for any throws not over the middle.

Throwing deep is extremely disorienting if you controll your receiver, as the angle changes as the ball gets to you, making it very hard at best to see where the ball really will land. Well, that and the fact that the circle on the field is really hard to see. And also because you have no way to do anythig but get an over the shoulder catch animation.

Really though, if you want more cameras, which, correct me if I am wrong here, was one of the biggest issues with both football games, then you have to revolt like Fight Night 4 buyers and show EA you mean business. Otherwise, you might as well save your breath (or fingers in this case) and realize that no matter what, you are going to get what they give you.

Just remember, in consumerism, you vote with your wallet.

And yes, this "new" camera is terribly implemented. But, as the old saying goes, "Caveat emptor pal." Or something lke that
Old 07-23-2009, 12:16 PM   #53
Banned

SO how about it EA, do you think we can add in the PATCH 2 a few cameras or at least one more (last years) as options for people who do not like this years CAM?

I would hope so, since I just played the MADDEN 10 Demo and it is going to be really hard to stick with NCAA once the full version comes out. Anything to keep me enjoying NCAA would help tremendously...thanks

Please consider it for Patch 2. I think alot of people want it and a way to also slow down the fast CPU snaps so we can PRE ADJUST our Defensive strategies
Old 07-23-2009, 12:39 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 3

Although I have adjusted to it, and am getting comfortable with it.

Put me into the I miss last years cam angle category.

and also think the game should offer a choice.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:47 PM   #55
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFudge
I still just cannot get used to this low camera angle...it forces me to throw most of my passes as short crosses over the middle because I really cant get a good view of seperation down field due to the lower angle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytheking
I am with OP on this one. It is killing the game for me, more so on defense. Please for the love of all that is holy let this be the last year without custom cameras!
I agree with all of this. I just couldn't get used to this new camera angle and there is no excuse for the NCAA team for not giving us an option for the old one. And it's highly doubtful the old camera will be patched. One developer said it would be extremely difficult to impossible.

I returned my rental and I'm passing on NCAA 10 this year. I'm disappointed since I'd rather have a great college football game. I don't think NCAA 10 is a bad game but I'm just not into it and the camera is reason #1. Madden 10 has three camera angles (that hopefully don't pan around all over the place) along with more options/sliders for the user. I'm hoping that will fill my football void and I will keep playing NCAA 09 for now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2009, 08:52 PM   #56
Banned

Out of curiousity, how is adding the old camera angle in a patch dificult to near impossible???...it was in last year's game. This game is built off of that same foundation.

EA, you have to try something.....MLB 2K was able to add an extra fielding CAM in 2K7 because the fans wanted it, I think you can do something here for us....at least tweak this CAM a bit and give users an optional choice. We are not looking to replace it...just looking to ADD the option of a different view or at least tweak this one a bit so it isnt so nauseating and choppy on runs

thanks

MADDEN 10 DEMO is sweet btw and I love the CAM they are using

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »