Home

Well, so much for those of us who are waiting....

This is a discussion on Well, so much for those of us who are waiting.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2009, 04:01 AM   #17
Rookie

okstate19's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Well, so much for those of us who are waiting....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
As you know I've had negative opinions about aspects of the game this year, but as I play it, I've become more sold on it. I know that ChrisS is indeed a college football fan but I just don't know that he's a diehard sports gamer. I know that it's almost against the point of a review for each game to always be reviewed by somebody who (for instance) plays the game all year. It needs to be reviewed by a more casual gamer to some extent. Or at least, for each site, the process should be as consistent as possible.

Regardless, I thought it was funny that the final score of the review almost glossed over the fact that (most people will think) the gameplay is much, much better than before. And while the crowd chants don't exactly make the game for me, I think he greatly exaggerated how bad they are as well. So to dwell on the sound in saying that this is a 3/5 stars game, then sort of toss aside the gameplay giving it a bad review... I'm just not sure I agree with that. It's not outside the realm of possibility that this is a 3/5 game. But to say that, I hope Chris has played it a helluva lot more than I have. Because despite all the things I've noticed that I don't like, I'd easily give it a 4/5 so far

It's a pretty good game man.

Exactly. The game is not without it's faults, but the gameplay is definitely the best so far on Next-Gen. And I can't go back to the PS2 games, I tried. (Besides, 2006's rosters would be even more jacked up than this year's horrible version) Last year when 09 disappointed so badly, I promised I would make a more informed decision next time. I really thought 2010 would be the 1st year I skipped NCAA. I was dead wrong.

It plays good enough out of the box for me to enjoy, the community will come up with great rosters as usual, and the sliders are supposedly going to work with the next patch. I realize how much more the NCAA series needs, but I feel that the 60 dollars I spent is well worth the amount of enjoyment I getting out the game, which is way more than I can say for last year's installment.

2010 doesn't play 2006. It DOES play a good game of football though. Yes there are still occasional suction blocks and other annoyances, but those have been cut down. The lack of presentation is noticeable, but I feel the positives outweigh the negatives and am really happy I purchased the game.

Last edited by okstate19; 07-14-2009 at 04:05 AM.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:05 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 7

FN4 should hold me til Madden as well. wishing for a good NCAA game experience is one thing, 4 years of not being able to pull it off nex gen ?? C'mon guys & gals it's not going to happen anytime soon.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:26 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by okstate19
and the sliders are supposedly going to work with the next patch.
The key work here is supposedly, I think we all have heard the same song and dance from EA only to be disappointed. I remember last year when they did the same thing to Madden. They gave us the run around by showing updates that never came to fruition. Then right as the NFL season was nearing it's conclusion...BAM!! Sorry guys we think the game is fine the way it is (I am paraphrasing). As a consumer those words are just not good enough any more.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:38 AM   #20
Rookie

MaSTA SoLIDUS's Arena

OVR: 1

I'd rather compare the things I will get (fun, customization, depth, online play) out of a game than the things I won't (form subs, hand towels, flashy presentation), compare the two and if the pros outweigh the cons STFU about the problems.

People are whining like the game is broken. Like Gears 2 was broken (online wise). That community royally screwed that game up because the devs actually listened to them, and they changed it completely from the game they wanted to make in the first place. True there are some quirks to the game's features (TB particularly) that need to be rectified, but all in all it's a solid game.

As far as rosters, you do realize that soon EA won't be able to ship NCAA with player likenesses right? Or have we forgotten about the suit pending against them?

Too many people whine without first thinking. They didn't get the best game ever so they whine. I get you are disappointed that it's not staggeringly better than 09...it's your own fault for thinking it would be.

What about EA has told you you'd get staggeringly better in one iteration?

But from the first NCAA on 360/PS3, this is light years better. That's all I expect out of a sports title, and it IMHO is all anybody should.

Seriously people, let's sack up and rationally discuss things. Creating a thread to whine when there are 15 of the same or simialr issues is useless. If a EA rep comes on and sees one thread with 400 comments and half are complaints, though the number is still relatively small comapred to units sold-through, it will trigger more attention to a problem than 150 2 comment threads on it. Plus it relieves the board of so much clutter.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:42 AM   #21
Banned

~Guru~'s Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
I realize gameplay has been improved & thats very important. However, its not the only thing that makes for a good football game.. Everything else is still a joke - presentation, dynasty, equipment options, no form. subs, messed up rosters, the list goes on and on with 10. I'm surprised that he gave it an 8 to be honest.

Their priorities really need to change for NCAA 11 if they want to win fans back.

Sorry but if equipment and presentation is the key for you to play a game then you should just buy season tix to your school and be happy that way

the gameplay in this game is much better then before and that alone is enough to keep you happy all season long

Like I stated a million times...Presentation is overrated...

Look at madden 10...it looks like it has much better presentation then before

but a few weeks or a month after the game is out...95% of the users will be skipping through the cutscenes and fluff associated with presentation

Presentation does not keep me playing till next year....

What happens between those lines is what matters to me

Presentation is just a wow factor when you unwrap the game

Gameplay is what makes you love the game...

Some people have lost touch of that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2009, 07:44 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 6
Location: PA, but born & rasied in Hollis, Queens NY. MM username: jkhaalis991

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Guru~
Sorry but if equipment and presentation is the key for you to play a game then you should just buy season tix to your school and be happy that way

the gameplay in this game is much better then before and that alone is enough to keep you happy all season long

Like I stated a million times...Presentation is overrated...

Look at madden 10...it looks like it has much better presentation then before

but a few weeks or a month after the game is out...95% of the users will be skipping through the cutscenes and fluff associated with presentation

Presentation does not keep me playing till next year....

What happens between those lines is what matters to me

Presentation is just a wow factor when you unwrap the game

Gameplay is what makes you love the game...

Some people have lost touch of that

Hey NJPapi will you be doing sliders for this game?

I have been apart of "The Tradition" since NCAA started online dynasties. Come check it out.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:49 AM   #23
Banned

~Guru~'s Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpringle
Hey NJPapi will you be doing sliders for this game?
Dude really...That is getting old...I am not NJPapi.....
Old 07-14-2009, 07:52 AM   #24
Rookie

Mad 69's Arena

OVR: 10

The reviewer didn't give it a fair score, he should have scord it a 6.5, the present condition of the game warrents no more than a 7. This game should have been pushed back 2 weeks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »