Home

Twelve Ways to Improve Dynasty Mode

This is a discussion on Twelve Ways to Improve Dynasty Mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2009, 07:16 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
GREAT THOUGHT andy4theherd,
Here's another vote for differentiating the audio/broadcasts. I think it could very easily be done by having EA release all the event specific commentary as user customized plug-in points. With all the unused memory on these next generation consoles--it is more than doable. True, there may be hundreds or even thousands of spots but it would give the user more customization--and that is what most want.
Example: upon 1st down event--replace brad nessler's commentary with either one's own voice (OR even-- for those with copies of historic games from ESPN or dvd or old radio broadcast--classic commentators doing old school games.........Think about having KEITH JACKSON or HOward Cosell or Curt Gowdy or EVEN THE VOICE from NFL FILMS john fucenda----TALK ABOUT SPINE TINGLING EPICS)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2009, 07:16 PM   #26
Rookie

GREAT THOUGHT andy4theherd,
Here's another vote for differentiating the audio/broadcasts. I think it could very easily be done by having EA release all the event specific commentary as user customized plug-in points. With all the unused memory on these next generation consoles--it is more than doable. True, there may be hundreds or even thousands of spots but it would give the user more customization--and that is what most want.
Example: upon 1st down event--replace brad nessler's commentary with either one's own voice (OR even-- for those with copies of historic games from ESPN or dvd or old radio broadcast--classic commentators doing old school games.........Think about having KEITH JACKSON or HOward Cosell or Curt Gowdy or EVEN THE VOICE from NFL FILMS john fucenda----TALK ABOUT SPINE TINGLING EPICS)
Old 07-14-2009, 08:09 PM   #27
Rookie

Onions's Arena

Re: Twelve Ways to Improve Dynasty Mode

I wish NCAA Football, or Madden, had some type of competition. Generally speaking, football games haven't evolved too much since the 2k Series went down. And since we all know NCAA Football follows Madden, without competition for one is basically killing the other. Hell, part of the reason people are so excited for Madden this year is because it seems like half the of the new features is being taken off of 2k5. Imagine where football games would be now if there was a competition to better one another?

Ohh, what could have been.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:19 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 4

Worst feature: In-season recruiting!!! It makes the dynasty go so slooooow.

The quicker to the next game the better.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:24 PM   #29
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteFury
Worst feature: In-season recruiting!!! It makes the dynasty go so slooooow.

The quicker to the next game the better.
If this isn't sarcasm, you should be slapped.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:36 PM   #30
six
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
The sad thing is, a lot of these features were in past NCAA Football games.

I remember how awesome it felt to finally get a TV game for your small school back in NCAA '05 after playing most of the season off the national radar.

A lot of this stuff has also been featured in College Hoops 2K8, which for my money, has the best dynasty mode in the history of college sports games.
I agree with the CH2k8 game...I wish EA could take what they did and implement it into their hoops game this year...but they won't, ugh.

That selection show was so amazing...he would even update each year...if I took UK to a national title in year 1...year 2 selection show "And the 1 seed in the Midwest regional, Kentucky, looking for their 9th national championship and looking to repeat as champs."

I love that game...wish they would make another, but back on subject, yes EA should do what they did in CH2k8 and it would be awesome presentation wise.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:46 PM   #31
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
I like the differentiating idea for TV games. That would make a real difference. But actually, number 12 is the one I agree with most.

I would like to see some presentation upgrades in a big way, but I'm just not into the whole AD/coaching thing. I just wanna play football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2009, 09:14 PM   #32
LPU
Rookie

LPU's Arena

Gold. Great write-up. I support it fully. Let's hope the devs see that and hang it on their cubicles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »