Home

For those wondering...Pass Rush...

This is a discussion on For those wondering...Pass Rush... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2009, 09:13 PM   #25
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: For those wondering...Pass Rush...

im not having a prob either. i will say that i didnt see any on aa. on heisman its not hard with the game speed a little higher. that might be the difference. it was last year also. the same trick from last year where you send the d line out and resign the end and olb on the seven tech side to blitz is still very effective. especially for pressure or forcing a qb out the pocket. im am noticing the coverages behind stuggles when i do this but its still a favorable scheme against a one te set.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2009, 09:17 PM   #26
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Here's the test everyone should do before you say you have "no problem" creating pressure. Go to practice mode, setup Texas vs OK, or whoever u want.

Set base D for one team, only having 4 DL rushing. Then select the ai to throw hail mary. Count how many seconds it takes before ur Dl get to him. Almost everytim its between 8-10secs. Now, if I control the star DE for texas(#2)... I can get there quicker, but still takes me about 5secs to get there on average.

In a game the ai isnt throwin hail mary's all game, so 8-10sec is a joke. oh and btw... I'm playing on AA, sliders that don't work are set to as follows:

AI pass block= zero

User Def Awareness=100
Break Block=100(not sure if this is for pass rushing, or run stopping, doesn't work either way so who knows.

This is a game killer for me, and will keep me from spending the money to buy it. I hope it gets fixed cuz other than this, the game is great imo. If its not fixed, then definately not buying. I'm kinda hoping its not fixed cuz I really don't want to buy it lol

edit: and for those that say I need to blitz.. why should i have to blitz? IRL 4 down lineman will get to the qb within 6 seconds at most! On average it's between 4-5secs. So don't give me the "you need to blitz" nonsense. The sliders are broken, therefore the gameplay is broken.

Last edited by DarthRambo; 07-14-2009 at 09:21 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:43 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 4

You need to blitz.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:46 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 6

What's really the game killer is for you too say throw a freakin hail mary to determine a pass rush!!!

It only shows us that some people really haven't played or even been around the game long enough so they make this silly suggestion......
Old 07-14-2009, 09:46 PM   #29
Pro

jp7588's Arena

OVR: 6

My down lineman rarely generate any kind of pressure on their own. I get at least two sacks a game but thats not the point. When I don't send extra guys and when the CPU o-linemen don't do something really stupid and let one of my guys run by untouched the QB sits in the pocket for as long as he needs to. It's especially frustrating on Heisman because it seems like the QB rarely makes a mistake.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:12 PM   #30
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jira2004
What's really the game killer is for you too say throw a freakin hail mary to determine a pass rush!!!

It only shows us that some people really haven't played or even been around the game long enough so they make this silly suggestion......

U have no clue what ur talking about lol.. I am talking about practice mode dude. Its the play i picked in order to see how long the ai could possibly just sit there. And that was determined to be as long as he shall want! If i pick another play for them its worse, cuz within 2-3seconds or faster the qb has already thrown the ball.

Look at the video from Madden that Ian made... Its practice mode and he counts how many seconds it takes for 4 DL to get to the qb. EXACTLY what I am doing, only in ncaa u are forced to pick an offensive play. Now if it flip it around, the ai gets pressure on me within 5 seconds, every now and then 6 seconds!

having ai throw a hail mary has nothing to do with what I am trying to say(the pash rush is broken). its just the play i chose for them to throw that makes the qb wait the longest before he threw. And honestly, I never really got much pressure on him, within 10 sec he threw the ball. Not cuz I had pressure on him, but just cuz the wr got open. So realy to say 8-10sec he was left alone is an understatement.

Why don't you go do the same exact thing I did and see what happene genius before u come in here making accusations
Old 07-14-2009, 10:15 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 24

I got 3 sacks in a game with the same DE, a 78 overall. One was a player lock, one was just a regular manual sack, and the other was a coverage sack.

Got some really good hits on the QB that led to incompletes. I think the QB went 31-48 (it was Houston's QB).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2009, 10:19 PM   #32
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler289
I got 3 sacks in a game with the same DE, a 78 overall. One was a player lock, one was just a regular manual sack, and the other was a coverage sack.

Got some really good hits on the QB that led to incompletes. I think the QB went 31-48 (it was Houston's QB).

I am talking about not controllng them tho. If you don't control the DE there is no pass rush whatsoever. And if u do control one, don't count on any of the other linemand to get any pressure.

I'm not saying you can't get pressure, but if you just send 4 guys max every play, you're just not going to get pressure unless you control a DE and get pressure sometimes by doing that. But just send 4 guys, and control the FS or MLB, bet you get no pressure at all ALL GAME.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »