Home

Recruiting in '10

This is a discussion on Recruiting in '10 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2009, 01:11 AM   #9
Rookie

ostie09's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Recruiting in '10

2 stars coming in at 76 is no good. i remember signing 5 stars in 09 that would be an 80...straight pissed me off

If you ain't first, you're last.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:41 AM   #10
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostie09
2 stars coming in at 76 is no good. i remember signing 5 stars in 09 that would be an 80...straight pissed me off
I remember signing 5 stars that were 78. THAT pissed me off. Then I'd get a 83 overall 4 star.

But yeah, I'm getting 72-65 for 2 stars. 3 stars at 72-78.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:50 AM   #11
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

For everything good EA does they always take away 4 or 5 things each year to lessen the game. I feel this game has the worst presentation I have ever seen in the series even though the gameplay is much improved.

This year it is:

1. Slow interfaces/playcall screens, OMG very annoying
2. No stat overlays WTF, not a single update why was this taken out?
3. All gray sleeves in cold weather- nice one now I will never play games in the cold.
4. Now we Have no clue where our prospets go when they commit.

Camera flashes for a Duke and New Mexico State game LOL, you have got to be kidding me- what a waste of time this stupid feature is.

How in the world will they ever make this game better if they screw up parts of what was good about the game in the previous year? These rosters are the worst EA has ever put out for this title, come be realistic here, if you guys think this series is improving I got news for ya, it aint. I don't even care about what equipment gets added but why did they make cold weather games look so bad, I can't fathom it????

They fix all these little things with recruting but make the interface tedious to get through, why????

As long as things are the way the are currently we will never get a great game form these people.

Last edited by stevedrumsdw; 07-15-2009 at 01:59 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2009, 09:24 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMonty
2 stars coming in at 76?? Anyone else confirm this or are you just that damn good? lol

I haven't made it far enough yet to get into recruiting, so does anyone have updates as the what the overall ratings of incoming freshman are?
I wish i were that good in 09 with SU lol. But seriously I had a 2 star DT come in as a 74, not too bad i guess...and a 2 star qb at 76 and alot of 2 stars are coming in the 70s. I dont mind at all seing how Army could use it lol.

Overall though, recruiting feels much easier despite the clunky menus. I was playing as Michigan state after get an offer from army. when i joined it was a 2 star program and had 2 players signed. I cleared out the entire recruiting board and added the top, newly added players to the player pool, and signed 4 5star recruits from california and texas, and 5 4 stars from florida, oklahoma and pensylvania, and the normal 1-2 star players from mich. ended upp with the 13th overall class... not normal for any 2star program anywhere...
Old 07-15-2009, 10:07 AM   #13
Pro

ucas005's Arena

OVR: 7

So what you are saying is that the interview below with ESPN and NCAA Dynasty guy is complete BS? Specifically referring to this Q/A exchange:

"ESPN: How has prospect generation changed for "NCAA 10?"

Haumiller: A lot of times in the past, prospects would come in highly rated. They would be so highly rated, in fact, that they would come in higher rated than the players you already had on your roster. That left you with a situation where this year's freshman was better than the five-star prospect you signed the year before. You were always playing these younger guys every year, so we changed things this year so that the prospects don't arrive with such high ratings. You used to see a lot of the top tier guys come in with well over 80 for their overall rating. That will be much lower this year. They will still be competitive and good, and your top guys will still be able to fill in spots where you need them, but overall, they will come in lower than years past. With that too, they do progress faster now so that they don't stay in that 70 rating. They will still progress to the 80s and 90s, they just won't start there.
In addition to that, we will have more realistic 40 times. In years past, the 99 speed guys ran a 4.19, which is way faster than anyone runs."

LINK: http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames...ory?id=4215220
Old 07-15-2009, 11:15 AM   #14
Pro

ucas005's Arena

OVR: 7

Bump. Sorry this is very important to me.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:51 AM   #15
MVP

deucepoppi17's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucas005
Bump. Sorry this is very important to me.
What part specifically?

I think its obvious that freshmen come in with the same ratings, but players progress alot faster to make sure they stay at the top of the depth charts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2009, 12:03 PM   #16
Rookie

CurryStorm's Arena

OVR: 4

I thought this year's game had freshmen coming in at lower ratings but having them improve a lot more during the off-season. I thought I read in a blog or something somewhere that they were doing this to stress the importance of playing your juniors/seniors more. Judging by what everyone's saying, the opposite is happening. I was really looking forward to a harder dynasty mode so I hope this isn't the case.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »