Home

*Official Dynasty/Road To Glory Thread*

This is a discussion on *Official Dynasty/Road To Glory Thread* within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2009, 12:30 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: *Official Dynasty/Road To Glory Thread*

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino13882
Use this thread to discuss how your dynasty or Road To Glory is going.
the only problem ive noticed that pisses me off enough to post on here is that for some reason, i only seem to be allowed one rtg player per school!? I.E... created qb at michigan, first one, not very good, but finished on the leaderboards. problem: every subsequent player ive created at michigan WILL NOT post to the leaderboard!!?? i tried making a qb at N.C. and it posted just fine. when i went back to MICH. i made a FS this time, and STILL doesnt show up!!?? (in between that, i made 2 other qbs at mich. with no luck!) HELP ME!!!:y2 20:...ot her than this the game ROCKS i think...rtg needs a little more work but is DEF. improved and on the right track!!!
Old 08-08-2009, 05:23 PM   #74
Rookie

ROSS2010 xL's Arena

OVR: 4

mode = heisman
year = 2016
360 : ROSS2010 xL
Old 08-08-2009, 08:52 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 1

Going RTG Speed HB won school championship and became a 5 Star player, went to USC and started out as the 5th back, took me 5 games worth of practice to become a starter. Started as 86 over and 98 speed 96 spin 96 juke 81 catch 79 tuck and 79 stiff arm.

Now i'm 96 over with 99 speed, 99 spin 99 juke 97 catch, 90 truck and 90 stiff arm going to go play my first game with him now
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2009, 10:04 PM   #76
Rookie

gator15's Arena

OVR: 5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Auf_g7zPeis

Dyansty Highlights- Won the title in my first year then went 10-3 and then won the sugar bowl and im in the running for another title right now
Old 08-08-2009, 10:09 PM   #77
Rookie

michfan16's Arena

OVR: 12

Can you create a RTG kicker
Old 08-08-2009, 11:03 PM   #78
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by michfan16
Can you create a RTG kicker
Of course not! That's like saying, can my RtG WR return kick's?

Big Fat...NO
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

Old 08-11-2009, 10:39 PM   #79
Rookie

Onions's Arena

OVR: 3

Too lazy for updates. In a nutshell...

I go 10-3 in my first season. First two losses came in the last minute because my secondary is too damn slow and the computer launched straight vertical routes. Other was back and forth, had the ball on the 6 yard line, 2 seconds left, with a chance to win it, and they swatted my pass down. All three losses were to ranked teams who I scheduled. Ended up in a surprisingly early bowl (Dec. 26 - NO Bowl, I think) against UCF and beat them.

For recruiting, got both 4 star HB's, a handful of 3 stars (mostly LB's and whatever I could on defense), and a 5 star SS who came in the offseason. I beat Georgia, Auburn, and UNC head-to-head for him and wasn't even on his list to start; was a great get as you will find out. Got invited to join C-USA and accepted.

Second season I end up going 13-0 into the National Championship to face 13-0, Texas. The SS I got ended up winning the Thorpe Award as a frosh, actually my entire team seemed to be led by frosh and sophomores., shared time between both RB's, my frosh LOLB came second in tackles behind the SS, started a RS Soph QB, my LE had 10 sacks as a soph, DT had 14 sacks as a RS soph, RS frosh TE led my team in touchdowns, receptions, and yards... Played a couple great games during the season. Faced undefeated Ole Miss (ended up winning the SEC) and held them on their last drive when they were trying to tie in the final minute. Almost choked away a two touchdown lead in the forth to undefeated Rutgers (ended up winning the Big East), but my defense came up again stopping the tying drive. Then I had Georgia Tech in the second to the last week of the season with one loss (ened up losing to FSU in the ACC Championship). Went up on me early, I came back, and scored a touchdown with 30 seconds left to beat them.

In the National Championship we traded touchdowns in the first half. Down 17-14, a minute left in the second quarter, and I stupidly decided to try and get in field goal range to tie it. I end up throwing a pick on my side of the field, they score a touchdown... down 24-14 at the end of the half.

Second half starts, I received the ball, and drove down for a touchdown to make it 24-21. They get a field goal on their following drive entering the forth, 27-21. I have the ball and score a relatively quick touchdown to take the lead, 27-28. I force a punt with about 3 minutes left. Pick up a first down, make them use two timeouts, and it's 3rd and 8. I was just outside of field goal range (like if I came a yard short of the first I would probably be barely in), so I decided to throw for it rather than run. They blitz the linebackers, I'm QB is sprinting to the right, and without thinking I throw away the ball away. With hindsight, I was going to end up punting the ball if I were sacked or miracuously dodged the linebacker and picked up a few anyway so I probably should have tried to run so they would have been forced to you their last timeout.

Anyway, I punt the ball and trap it on the 1 yard line with about 1:40 left. They try to drive into field goal range, I stop them on thrid a couple times, they convert on the succedding forth downs. Eventually it's 4th and 8 on my 40-ish yard line - so a first down would put them in field goal range for the Championship. Their slot finds a gap for the first and races down to 15. First two downs I try to strip the ball, but no go. On second down (they picked up a first to my 5) I let them score with 25 seconds left so I have a chance to at least tie rather than hoping to block a chip shot FG as time expires. They get the two point and the score is 35-28. My returner takes it kick-off to 35 and an incomplete pass on first down. I hit my HB for about 5 on second and there's only about 11 seconds left. Third down I lauch a fade to my TE, breaks a tackle, and he finally gets caught up to on their 30 with 2 seconds left. I obviously used my last remaining timeout to think about the play and to stop the clock.

I have my TE in the post, best WR running the go, other WR in the flag, and my HB running a delayed flare. My offensive line holds up for as much time as I would need, and I decided to launched the pass to my best WR who had beaten his corner (looked like they were playing cover 2 man) and only had the safety in the endzone for a jump ball. Ball is in the air, I switch to the WR, and it looks like he has it, but it does that tackling motion where your WR flips in mid-air and the ball gets knocked loose. So I lost, finished 4th in the polls, and entered the off-season.

Ended up getting the 14 recruits I was going after during the season, went after about another 12 newly added recruits and got about half of them. Only thing to note is that there was a 5 star newly added kicker who ended up being the #1 ranked player in the class. Has anyone ever see a kicker rated #1 before? I went after him and beat Florida because he wanted instant PT which I could offer and Florida couldn't. Rated 83 overall, 89 kicking power, and 83 kicking accuracy if you were wondering.

Decided to play out my last year of the contract instead of an extension or signing with LSU, ND or some other school so I could choose what school to play as. Opening the season against #12th ranked OSU in the Horseshoe. Team is only rated C, C+, B, however, the following year I have about 7 transfers coming in, all of whom are better than any of my current starters; so if I do a decent recruiting job, WKU will be a CUSA powerhouse when I'm gone.

Here's a couple pictures just because:

Hurdle while trying to be tackled.

Reached backwards and picked off the pitch.

Old 08-11-2009, 11:37 PM   #80
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17

I use Philly's Heisman Sliders and they are perfect -- close games, upsets, scares, you name it - I've had it so far.

As cheap as it is I am playing with my Ohio State Buckeyes. I'm in Week #11 of Season #1 and sitting at 9-1 (4-1).

Biggest surprises was my 17 pt comeback against USC to win 31-27. My sneaker of a game against TOLEDO, winning 28-14. My shocking road loss to Purdue 38-31 which included an interception returned for a touchdown by Purdue when I was going in to take the lead late -- and finally, my monumental slaughter of #5 Penn State on the road, 38-13.

My win against #5 Penn State on the road was simply shocking! I thought I was going to get run out of the place, but I had a pick-6 on their first drive and my defense was doing everything right -- I led 21-0 after one quarter and never looked back.

The polls were also AMAZING for me in week #11! I had 9 teams ranked higher than me, including Florida (#1), USC (#4), Alabama (#5) and all of these teams were upset!

Florida lost to Vanderbilt due to 4 fumbles, 50-43! USC was beaten on the road against #24 Arizona State 34-27, and Alabama was shillacked by #12 LSU 49-14!

These three key losses shot me back into the BCS title picture. Best of all, Texas (9-0) and Oklahoma (8-1) are ahead of me and I'm hoping one of these teams will lose before seasons end -- although Texas is a powerhouse...

So I'm currenty 9-1 (4-1 in B10 -- 1st Place) and 3rd in the BCS rankings.

My remaining schedule is relatively kind although I travel to Ann Arbor in what is sure to be a test -- after all, it's a rivalry.

vs Iowa (6-4, 3-3)
@ Michigan (7-3, 3-3)

Then hopefully it's on to the BCS championship!

EDIT: Forgot the bad news -- Pryor was knocked out for 7 weeks (the season basically) with a broken wrist after leading the Heisman race and single handily beating USC and keeping me in countless other games -- it's Bauserman's turn, I guess.

Last edited by EvanRG; 08-11-2009 at 11:40 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »