Home

*CONSTRUCTIVE Feedback for NCAA 10*

This is a discussion on *CONSTRUCTIVE Feedback for NCAA 10* within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2009, 02:33 PM   #17
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: *CONSTRUCTIVE Feedback for NCAA 10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
Here's some stuff I posted on EA..

Please fix both the running animation & address the lack of momentum/locomotion.. Players shouldn't be able to turn on a dime without leaning, or decelerating. There is no sense of weight, and it has been a major problem ever since the jump to next gen.

Also, ball physics need work. It currently feels like the football is too heavy & doesn't float properly (Its also too large & too dark for that specific model). On the PS2 & Xbox it had that sense of lightness & it actually floated like a real football would.

I believe by fixing these things, many of the gameplay complaints will go away.

Next would easily be the lack of presentational elements. This is college football, & its all about atmosphere.

Team Entrances
Pre-game breakdown
Players warming up
Half-Time show
Post Game wrap up
More stat banners
Coaches interacting w/players

The works... its been to long, and I can't take another year of the empty feeling game.

Many of these things were in last gen, and added so much to the replay value of the game... much of the reason I still play 06 to this day.

Dynasty mode needs to be deeper, and geared more for the hardcore guys. There is so much missing that could make this mode one of the best of any sports game.

Please add some of the following:

Spring game
Camps
Heisman & award show
High School All American game
AD Mode* (Check my sig for a link)
Neutral site games
Create rivalries
Conf. logos change when changing conferences
Senior Bowl
National Signing Day presentation
etc..

Also presentation needs stepped up in this mode. How about adding an awards show of some sort, bowl week breakdown, huge celebrations for bowl game wins, Over the top BCS Championship broadcast, Pre-season breakdown... Just some things that will keep us coming back, because currently there is very little that makes me feel connected with my team, and dynasty feels weak & hallow.

Also, please take a look at Chris' 12 Ways to Improve Dynasty article.

Give us the ability to pick unis combos simultaneously if its a multiplayer game, and decrease the lag the menus seem to have.

Also, do something about the facts while the game is loading.. Many of them are the same as last year's & they really aren't interesting at all.

Maybe give us the all time series records between the teams, or even scrap it all together leaving only the team logos - or even a "match up" screen that shows what team has the advantages kind of what Madden 10 has before the pregame starts.

More songs from bands are desperately needed as well. I've heard the same ones for years & they are just becoming old now.

Lastly... I beg of you developers/designers to stop with the on going pursuit of choosing to dedicate time to secondary features & making unnecessary changes, over basic football things. I realize that you must sell copies, and bring in new customers, but its just getting old, especially when things like formation subs, refs, & even running mechanics are ignored/overlooked or deemed not important year after year... Save the stuff geared toward the younger audience for the Wii. Season Showdown, defensive assist, "link plays" that actually have percentages above them, & Road to Glory being the mode that gets the overhaul instead of Dynasty... What is going on? What is the direction of this franchise?

Take the route that Madden 10 has done this year, and give us a true college football sim experience. The people that buy Madden & enjoy that "sim" style game design are, for the most part, the same ones who are buying NCAA.

Please focus on FOOTBALL related things. After those are taken care of, then you should start to think about the other small/less important features.

The new moto for the NCAA series here on out should be "Everything You See on Saturdays"
Couldnt have said it better myself. This is what the game is missing. I love it now 10 is great i like everyone else just want more.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:55 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 6

Post #2 pretty much says it all for me.

I will add the (re)inclusion of Medical redshirts and player suspensions.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:00 PM   #19
Rookie

bricap's Arena

OVR: 2

What a fantastic original post!

I too think presentation is severely lacking. College football is all about atmosphere, which is one of this game's weakest spots.

The band addition is okay, but doesn't look like it was given too much development time. Aside from Ohio, I've seen the same 2 designs "GO GO GO" and "WIN" at every school. There needs to be much better variety than that!

What ever happened to the pregame show from last generation? What about a play of the half at halftime, like NCAA Basketball?

Relevant commentary would be great too. Like, "They are currently second in their conference and a win here would tie them for first." or "After last weeks loss, [insert team here] has dropped X spots to XX in the rankings." NHL does this, MLB: The Show (Not EA, I know) does this and it adds volume to the overall feel of the game.

Bowl games and conference championships don't feel special. I just won the National Championship and I get one line from Corso about hard work. Those games need to be enhanced from the everyday game. NHL has the players kissing the cup and the team photo. NCAA Football has, well nothing. I just won a championship, I want some fanfare!

Erin Andrews is a nice addition, but she does nothing but talk about injuries in the game. What about "interviews" with coaches and players about key drives or plays occuring in the game. NCAA Basketball does that pretty well with Erin Andrews (although, it desperately needs some variety).

There are some really great ideas in this forum that could take NCAA Football from an okay, generic football franchise to an every year contender with NHL and MLB: The Show as the sports game of the year.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:25 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
Lastly... I beg of you developers/designers to stop with the on going pursuit of choosing to dedicate time to secondary features & making unnecessary changes, over basic football things. I realize that you must sell copies, and bring in new customers, but its just getting old, especially when things like formation subs, refs, & even running mechanics are ignored/overlooked or deemed not important year after year... Save the stuff geared toward the younger audience for the Wii. Season Showdown, defensive assist, "link plays" that actually have percentages above them, & Road to Glory being the mode that gets the overhaul instead of Dynasty... What is going on? What is the direction of this franchise?

Take the route that Madden 10 has done this year, and give us a true college football sim experience. The people that buy Madden & enjoy that "sim" style game design are, for the most part, the same ones who are buying NCAA.

Please focus on FOOTBALL related things. After those are taken care of, then you should start to think about the other small/less important features.

The new moto for the NCAA series here on out should be "Everything You See on Saturdays"

This was an excellent post! This part pretty much sums up my feelings.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:28 PM   #21
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmj444
Waaaaaaaay too many upsets in dynasty that just shouldn't happen.
Because upsets never happen in college football

Appalachian State-Michigan.... Stanford-USC.... that is what college football is all about!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2009, 03:32 PM   #22
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

The most disapointing thing about the NCAA series is it could be a great game, but every time it is released, it is the same crap. It has the same issues over and over again. This year is a perfect example, I just can't see a single addition to the game that over shadows the issues with the rosters and other issues that the game is having.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:49 PM   #23
Banned

MacPlex's Arena

OVR: 14

you can stll pitch very very late. not a game killer but the guy im playing now online is abusing the hell out of it.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:52 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Kicking FG's and XP's is WAY too easy.

50 yard FG's are automatic chipshots in this game.

Please make the FG process harder and more realistic. Many games in real life come down to a missed FG or XP. Its just not the case in this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »