Home

NCAA Slip and Slide?!?!?!? (Video)

This is a discussion on NCAA Slip and Slide?!?!?!? (Video) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2009, 02:36 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA Slip and Slide?!?!?!? (Video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nike23EA
I seen him contact at the 32 yard line and slide to the 27 yard line....hardly 10 yards. With that type of momentum ive seen guys go sliding for 5 yards, it however would have worked better if they woulda added some roll or something in the animation. I think its better than the player hitting the ground and sliding a yard or just plain stopping that is for sure.
I wasnt really meaning slid upfield 10 yards, but he slid away from the ball carrier horizontally a solid 8 yards. And i agree that momentum would make him slide a few yards, but in this case he slid in the opposite direction.

Old 07-15-2009, 02:38 AM   #10
MVP

Darkleaf's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
No he didn't. When he jumped, his feet didn't get over waist level of the defender (about 36 inches... average leap for a high class athlete that would find himself catching passes at USC). His feet didn't get close to 6' until his body rotated to where they were above his head.... he never had 6 feet between the lowest part on his body and the ground.
Sorry you're right, I apologize but IMO that still doesnt look right.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:42 AM   #11
MVP

Darkleaf's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiTaNx10xViNcE
I wasnt really meaning slid upfield 10 yards, but he slid away from the ball carrier horizontally a solid 8 yards. And i agree that momentum would make him slide a few yards, but in this case he slid in the opposite direction.

At 1:22 it looks like he's sliding on ice for about 8 yards.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2009, 02:54 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 4

I know this is off topic... .but the running style of players still looks horrid... players don't look fast at all.

Also, that WR got UP big-time... I want to see a single highlight of a WR skying like that in a game wearing full pads.... nevermind his ability to move in the air better than Lynn Swann.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:01 AM   #13
Banned

DaTwolves21's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiTaNx10xViNcE

aye man i understand 100% some people wouldn't see nething wrong with that sequence of gameplay if it kicked em in the ***, yeh i love the game but i hope i never see that.He didn't jump 6 feet but it sured looked weird and the dude kept sliding which was weird on that field lol it's not a hockey rink lol
Old 07-15-2009, 03:18 AM   #14
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Well some WR can jump high now. So I would put it past them. The reason your guess slipping and sliding was he got tripped up and trying to keep his balance. Seem all real to me.

dear God.....
Old 07-15-2009, 03:29 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 20

Doubt it was the dudes first time playing the game, he probably set it up somehow...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2009, 06:55 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
Doubt it was the dudes first time playing the game, he probably set it up somehow...
It was my 1st time playing, and i wish you were right. I would love to know how to get my CB to slide like he is on ice on a constant basis, it would get a good laugh out of me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »