Home

Living in the Matrix!!!(Apex Impressions)

This is a discussion on Living in the Matrix!!!(Apex Impressions) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 04:25 AM   #9
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Living in the Matrix!!!(Apex Impressions)

If EA secretly slapped the Madden name on 2k5/APF engine, and I mean exact same gameplay engine...........would Apex find a mistake and make his videos about it? Im gonna say yes. As dave put it, its his schtick.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:32 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 15

In my opinion this dude is in serious need of a girlfriend.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:40 AM   #11
Rookie

merg311's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackJk
in honesty apex is looking for some common sense physics. you cant say this is just a video game cause football video games has done it before(old madden, nfl 2k5, apf 2k8, hell even gameday) so why cant EA engine apply somethin as simple as common sense logic and physics
Exactly, that is his main point, and I agree with him. The physics we all SHOULD expect were done much better on a past gen system, 5 years ago! He talks about EA fanboys, a few of which seem to have posted here already.

I don't have a problem with those who enjoy the game, but some of us want more. EA fanboys may say, "but you're asking too much, its a video game, and its still fun." Well, that's your opinion. I won't go so far as to say that EA is giving us the shaft, I can still enjoy NCAA 10 for a certain length of time, but I think many of us consumers have (for lack of a better term) "sold out" and will buy the game year in and year out without DEMANDING more.

The videos above are minor issues to many, but that suction blocking is just ridiculous, and it has been that way for as long as I can remember.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2009, 04:51 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

His points are valid. This game should be a lot better than it is.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:53 AM   #13
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

That's a lot of videos to watch so if there is something specific, I'm not talking about it now.

That said.

These videos are encoded at 15 frames a second. The game runs at 60 frames a second. (there is a balance between quality and video length... make it 30 fps on replays, you can only make then half as long etc).

If you are seeing a replay or a Youtube video featuring replay showing players warping, balls passing through players, collision in general... 9 times out of 10 it is because of the 75% of the frames we dropped to allow for longer replays.

As I said, there are a lot of videos posted. Feel free to discuss them! However, please read my disclaimer here and keep it in consideration.

Have fun guys!
Old 07-15-2009, 04:54 AM   #14
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
If EA secretly slapped the Madden name on 2k5/APF engine, and I mean exact same gameplay engine...........would Apex find a mistake and make his videos about it? Im gonna say yes. As dave put it, its his schtick.
LMAO! Isn't that a coffee commercial?
Old 07-15-2009, 05:10 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
I'd have to agree with that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2009, 05:51 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

People look at it as a loss of 60 bucks. What needs to happen is people should look at the bigger picture. 60 bucks multiplied by the number of consumer purchases. If EA manages to make an enormous profit for a substandard game then they should be stoned for it.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »