Home

EA why are FG's so easy????

This is a discussion on EA why are FG's so easy???? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2009, 01:31 PM   #17

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: EA why are FG's so easy????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drocks
Yep, agreed, kicking is and always has been too easy since this switch to the stick. APF's probably is the best, though it seems a tad random sometimes, but it works. I think one easy thing they could do is remove the meter (at least the accuracy part), cause really that makes it almost impossible to screw up a kick cause you see exactly where you're pointing and plus you're kind of able to adjust the stick if you accidentally messed up your angle. Getting rid of the meter would make it more of a feel thing and maybe you will actually whiff on a kick every once in a while.
I think the opposite should be done...Get rid of the pre-kick arrow and make it all meter/analong stick based. It would be a lot harder to perfect the analog stick and know the perfect angle to kick from. The higher your kicker's accuracy, the more margin for error you have on the analog stick.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:40 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

All Pro Football 2K8 has the best kicking system bar none.

There are no gimme kicks, plus everything 40 yards and out is a true challenge.

50-yard kicks also require near-perfect precision, which is how it should be.

EA's kicking system has sucked from the very first Madden game and has always been way too easy.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:43 PM   #19
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

This looks like a very logical thread with legitimate reasoning and evidence, which means EA will do nothing for this.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:54 PM   #20
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
I think the opposite should be done...Get rid of the pre-kick arrow and make it all meter/analong stick based. It would be a lot harder to perfect the analog stick and know the perfect angle to kick from. The higher your kicker's accuracy, the more margin for error you have on the analog stick.
But that just makes the system worse imo. Right now kicks in the middle of the field are automatic since you just have to push up and down. Kicks from the hash are tougher right now and you would make those harder creating an even bigger discrepancy between kicks in the middle (100% success) and those not in the middle. The middle of the field isn't that important for kicks other than the short, wide angled ones.

There needs to be a system where you still miss kicks in the middle of the field. Misses should happen from anywhere in a football game. The current analog system is a complete failure in that regard. Either add a drift to the accuracy arrow or go back to the button system. Anything to remove automatic kicks from the middle of the field.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:43 PM   #21
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

Definitely a major issue IMO. I was playing with my brother yesterday (in ncaa) and he nailed a 59 yarder on me. I was like "wow, that was unrealistic" and he said "yeah it kinda is". I've probably seen only like 3 college kickers ever hit a 59 yarder, this 59 yarder in the game was kicked with room to spare. This is terrible. It sucks for online people too because you can now hit 60+ yard field goals whenever you want.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2009, 02:55 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
Definitely a major issue IMO. I was playing with my brother yesterday (in ncaa) and he nailed a 59 yarder on me. I was like "wow, that was unrealistic" and he said "yeah it kinda is". I've probably seen only like 3 college kickers ever hit a 59 yarder, this 59 yarder in the game was kicked with room to spare. This is terrible. It sucks for online people too because you can now hit 60+ yard field goals whenever you want.
Yep, I don't see how any sim football player wouldn't consider this a game killer. Automatic 3 points as soon as you cross your opponents 40. Thats sad.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:57 PM   #23
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Yep, I don't see how any sim football player wouldn't consider this a game killer. Automatic 3 points as soon as you cross your opponents 40. Thats sad.
Agreed. I mean its not like he used the best kicker in the game either. He used Oregon's kicker who just started with short FG's last year. Oregon hasn't had a kicker who could make a 59 yarder since Jared Siegal did it back in the Joey days.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:03 PM   #24
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

kicking has been way too easy since it moved from the meter system.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »