Home

EA why are FG's so easy????

This is a discussion on EA why are FG's so easy???? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2009, 10:36 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
EA why are FG's so easy????

If you watched any college football, you would know that 50 yard FG's aren't automatic chipshots.

Can you please implement a harder FG system. Remember "Wide Right" anyone? These are young kids, 40 yard+ FG's should be a crapshoot or at least difficult for any kicker sans a few elite ones.

Please get this right next year, its annoying that getting inside the opponent 35 yard line is automatic points.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2009, 10:51 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 16
Re: EA why are FG's so easy????

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
If you watched any college football, you would know that 50 yard FG's aren't automatic chipshots.

Can you please implement a harder FG system. Remember "Wide Right" anyone? These are young kids, 40 yard+ FG's should be a crapshoot or at least difficult for any kicker sans a few elite ones.

Please get this right next year, its annoying that getting inside the opponent 35 yard line is automatic points.

Yea the slider for fg strength is broken in a million pieces...

I have the slider at 0 for human and cpu and I was able to make 48 yarders easily and the cpu made 2 that were from 55 and 56

The only way to counter it while we wait for a patch is to lower the accuracy to 20 for both sides
Old 07-15-2009, 10:57 AM   #3
Rookie

canes2008's Arena

OVR: 9

weren't the cpu kickers automatic last year anyways.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:58 AM   #4
DickDalewood

OVR:

I actually agree that they are a bit too easy... except for my crappy kicker at NIU. He's TERRIBLE, and has the kick strength of a girl.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:09 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
I actually agree that they are a bit too easy... except for my crappy kicker at NIU. He's TERRIBLE, and has the kick strength of a girl.
Kick strength is only 1/2 the issue. FG's should be sailing wide with regularity, but instead the ball is like a homing pigeon and the goal posts are its roost. It makes it home every single time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2009, 11:15 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Kick strength is only 1/2 the issue. FG's should be sailing wide with regularity, but instead the ball is like a homing pigeon and the goal posts are its roost. It makes it home every single time.
This has always been a huge complaint of mine...Last year, I tweaked both the FG accuracy and FG power down a ton to make the game realistic. While it's great to have sliders for this, it still sucks when you play online. I think EA should decrease the accuracy and power for all kickers by about 20 to 30%. The "elite" kickers should be the only ones that hit 50+ yard field goals...even then, they should hit less than 50% of them.

Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/beeneeb
Old 07-15-2009, 11:16 AM   #7
Rookie

VincentGrier15's Arena

OVR: 3

yea last yr with sliders at 0 for ACC i still made FGs all the time as long as i had the distance i;d never miss em wide. fg def way too easy imo
Old 07-15-2009, 11:30 AM   #8
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9

Can we please get a patch for this for online play. I have played 8 games online and between me and my opponents we are 17 - 17 on field goals with many of those from over 50 yards. One of them was a 57 yarder, nailed with ease!!! Even the best kickers in the NFL struggle to hit 17 straight.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »