Home

Weird progressive lighting transitions?

This is a discussion on Weird progressive lighting transitions? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2009, 12:31 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 16
Re: Weird progressive lighting transitions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
I noticed the "blinking effect". And I guess it is the way it has to be done if it is not going to be implemented by the play but rather by quarters or halfs.

If you think about it halftime would make sense for a big transition because in real life that is about 20 minutes of sun movement around dusk for a later starting game. It would be pretty dark for the 2nd half.

Only was able to play a little last night before I had to call it a night (worked back to back 13 hour shifts the last 2 days) and I must say that thus far I am a little underwhelmed with progressive lighting thus far. Only sucks because I was probably the biggest proponent of it being in there. Still any sign of it in there is better than none at all to me! I will need more time with it though to form a better opinion.

I agree...I do not like starting a game at 3:30 becasue the second half the game is in dusk which is not done well...

The colors seem crushed and it gives the game an ugly feel to the colors

I always play noon games or night games.

the transtion from noon to afternoon is done nicely.

aftenoon to late afternoon...not so much

I might try late aftenoon to night tonight
Old 07-15-2009, 05:13 PM   #10
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Weird progressive lighting transitions?

Yeah, I just played a game in the rain during the day in Autzen. Yuck.

Clowds never moved once! How lame!

Rain was steady (I had it on light) the whole game, once again. When does that ever happen. I know it rains places, including the NorthWest US, but come on, a steady 3 hour rain? I knew it was like that, not sure why I am complaining, but still.

Even though I knew the daylight wouldn't transition I still assumed perhaps the sky or clouds would be moving. Not to mention the storm clouds in the distance looked all pixelated and crappy.

I did hear thunder, which was a neat touch. Sounded good over my surround sound.

The game play is surprising me, but the overall value of the game is lacking. It might head for the $40 trade in value unless the dynasty can save it after I get some rosters to start that up with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »