Home

Head to Head offline is potentially ruined.....

This is a discussion on Head to Head offline is potentially ruined..... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2009, 06:01 PM   #1
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32
Head to Head offline is potentially ruined.....

So, I'm over at my boy's house and we're getting ready to do a 2 out of 3 on NCAA 10. We fire up the game and do the coin toss as usual. Now it's time to set the offensive and defensive strategy, but wait a minute, he can see every change I make. He can see whether I'm playing aggressive or conservative on everything!!! What is this? Now I can't change any strategic setting without him seeing it. In the demo, you couldn't see this. Why change it? Oh well, I 'll just leave everything at balanced for now. So we start up the game and I see he comes out in shotgun 4 WR so I decide I'm gonna pass commit. Sure enough, the little joystick comes up with all the commit options and the pass commit lights up just like if it was a single player or online game. WTF? Now I can't commit to anything either because he can see everything I commit to. WTF EA?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2009, 06:30 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Head to Head offline is potentially ruined.....

LOL! When I read the title I was already laughing cuz I knew this was coming. The same thing happened to me and my brother. After all the trash talk about what we were going to do, it died when i heard him say "AWWWWW $h!t". That's when he realized on 3rd and 2 he couldn't run commit. And this was on the first series of the game HAHAHAHAHA!
Old 07-15-2009, 06:31 PM   #3
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7

the best part of this is that in the DEMO, it hid what your strategy was from your opponent.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:40 PM   #4
Rookie

Nicksosure's Arena

OVR: 1

I believe there is a way to hide the pre-play options, isn't there? As far as stratagy, just tell him to look away for a second. Ha.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:40 PM   #5
Rookie

tbcat02's Arena

OVR: 0

Adam please put this in as a fix for the next patch!! Some of us here on the world wide web that play these games still have real live human friends. j/k...or am I?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2009, 06:41 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

Dreamcast had the memory cards with the screens on them which would be perfect for stuff like this
Old 07-15-2009, 06:48 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

this is a gamebreaker for me if its reliable. online multiplayer must be great business if they screwed up offline multiplayer

EASY, BREEZY, BEAUTIFUL, COVERGIRL
Old 07-15-2009, 06:58 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

It is a really horrible idea they had. I love being able to commit and i like the game plan but against someone in the same room it defeats the purpose. You can hide the panel but when you press L2 to commit it brings up the commit panel and shows what you pick. I never played the demo so I do not know what it was like without it, but I have been playing online non-stop so it has not mattered yet. Hopefully they fix it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »