Home

recruiting symbols

This is a discussion on recruiting symbols within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2011, 07:15 PM   #17
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: recruiting symbols

No reason to revive an old, dead thread for this. And there's nothing new on it. It's just as everyone here said. If you aren't on their top ten, but they have the diamond, if you put them on your recruiting board, you will be in their top ten.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 01-19-2011, 10:24 AM   #18
jpz
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hey Roggie sorry next time I will just start a whole new thread. I wasn't sure if anything new was discovered since the last post was back in October. All you had to say was "If you aren't on their top ten, but they have the diamond, if you put them on your recruiting board, you will be in their top ten."
Old 01-19-2011, 01:34 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

There is another thread for this somewhere, but I can appreciate the difficulties in 'searching' for things within the site.

From what were earlier posts...
You get one bonus per week of the following possibilities:
- three x2 bonuses, used w/ recruits already on your board
- three Unlock bonuses, same as w/ x2
- one Insta-commit, same as w/ x2
- one Pink Diamond recruit, found from w/in 4* and 5* recruits not on your board and w/o you already being in their top-10

to search for Pink Diamond guys, go to the All Recruits board, sort (X, on XBOX) on first column to show all the recruits w/o interest in you (no circle). click Y to see their school rankings then use right-stick to scroll through all 4 and 5* recruits (you can do this quickly, you won't miss it) to see if one is denoted as a hidden gem (hence, Pink Diamond) for your team. By adding him to your recruit board the best you get is that he'll place you within his top-10. I've heard that there may also be a hidden attribute with the guy as a player, but I've NEVER been able to climb the rankings from one I've added (and I'm a 6* SEC school) so I can't verify anything other than there was/is a rumor.
And by the way, these seem to occur more than the other bonuses during the too-short to help if it comes up 5-wk off-season. I detest this and hope this is eliminated in NCAA '12.

For the other bonuses that come from within your recruiting board (IF there wasn't a Pink Diamond guy available), and remember, you will only get ONE of these:
- Unlock, after the 1st topic scrolls up, unlocks two previously unlocked topics for you to see. does this for 3 random guys
- x2, which will appear for 3 guys, will double the point total you receive from a topic. The "Advisor" doubles the total after pipeline points are added in so recruiting from pipeline states get you a huge bonus if x2 comes up (01/20 NOTE: had a 1,000+ call last night on a x2 pipeline guy. Locked him up for me coming from -80 back of the leader). As for 'does it x2 in Compare' w/ another school, yes. Just look at your points from that topic then after you move on to the next top look across the top and you'll see the points doubled
- Insta-commit is a 1-recruit occurrence within a week if no other bonuses have been randomly scheduled for you. You have to be the guy's No. 1 choice, though. This is why I offer a scholarship as first topic within a call to a guy who's got me listed #1, if he commits, I've saved myself 50 minutes and can spread that out, or immediately go back to find another recruit to add and spend up to that 50 mins. to call him. You will find that Insta-commits also occur in the following weeks after offering the scholly. You'll click 50 or 60 mins, or whatever, and when the recruit opens up he's instantly committed to you.

The kicker is -- and this factors into the debate about 'should I fill by board with 35 guys or fewer?' -- you could be leaving your on-board bonuses on the table if you don't call all your guys. You may gain a few points w/o a call for guys just from having them on your board, but the bonuses may have all been randomly selected to be attached to recruits you didn't call with your alloted 10 hrs of phone conversation (which has resulted in my board never having more than 15, and almost always 12 or less utilizing a 4x60min., 4x50, 4x40 process for 12, or 5x60 and 6x50 when I've got 11 on the board).
the tricky part to know going in is that if you get that first x2 or Unlock bonus, you should go back to your calling process to maybe alter the actual order you may make calls (no need to re-order the guys on the board -- although I may start tracking which ranking on my board these bonuses have been coming up on). I don't think I've ever seen x2 come up consecutively (doesn't mean I'm not forgetting, or it doesn't happen) so I play the odds and call someone else after a x2 call IF the next guy I was scheduled to call is someone I really need the x2 bonus for. I don't really care about the Unlock unless I've got someone scheduled for a visit that week and I haven't been able to uncover enough Very High or the Most topics to earmark for their visit.

Lengthy, but hope that clears the air...

Last edited by GGGswim; 01-20-2011 at 01:07 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:04 PM   #20
Pro

JoBo513's Arena

OVR: 9

Good stuff. Thanks for that summary
Old 01-19-2011, 05:07 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBo513
Good stuff. Thanks for that summary
Looks a little more like an essay now that I see how much I typed, but hope it still proves helpful.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2011, 05:35 PM   #22
jpz
Rookie

OVR: 0

GGGswim that was the best information I have seen regarding recruiting yet. THANKS A TON!
Old 01-20-2011, 01:16 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpz
GGGswim that was the best information I have seen regarding recruiting yet. THANKS A TON!
I"m just a newbie who spends way too much time playing and reading posts. Glad I could, as they say, 'pay if forward.'

Another tip I picked up a few weeks ago was using Compare against ANY of the recruit's top-10 schools if you can gain a whole letter grade advantage. In the "it's all about accumulating points" dogma, that difference can boost your points against them, but obviously boosts your overall points as well.
I do this but not all that often. There's still something sticking in the back of my mind that doesn't allow me to tell myself that the consequences of this compare are better than just going for the straight points. Maybe I'll throw two guys that I might not need on my board and experiment with an almost-always try to compare w/ anyone, to no comparisons.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:42 PM   #24
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

I tend to always compare if possible. Your point loss is very minimal, and always less than you subtract to them. The downside is that you don't gain as many points on the schools you aren't comparing to.

I only compare to the team in first on the recruit, unless I am first, when I argue against number 2.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »