Home

BIG problem in Road to Glory! HELP!!!

This is a discussion on BIG problem in Road to Glory! HELP!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2009, 06:49 AM   #9
MVP

MatrixTN's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: BIG problem in Road to Glory! HELP!!!

Just FYI, I've already posted about this in the B/G thread (bottom of P33).

I only had the players stick once but don't know what I did. Every other time after signing, the players are all "Pos. X".

I'm gonna try signing, save, leave and return and see if that happens.
Edit: didn't work, they're all still "Pos. X". Play or sim the playoffs, they're defaulted.

And BTW, I don't know if anyone's noticed but when you leave R2G, the rosters get reset back to default like a change was made because if you view the rosters and leave, it asks you if you want to save the changes (WHAT CHANGES?!)

Last edited by MatrixTN; 07-18-2009 at 07:09 AM.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:52 AM   #10
Rookie

Hughey2k's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatrixTN
Just FYI, I've already posted about this in the B/G thread (bottom of P33).

I only had the players stick once but don't know what I did. Every other time after signing, the players are all "Pos. X".

I'm gonna try signing, save, leave and return and see if that happens.
Edit: didn't work, they're all still "Pos. X". Play or sim the playoffs, they're defaulted.

And BTW, I don't know if anyone's noticed but when you leave R2G, the rosters get reset back to default like a change was made because if you view the rosters and leave, it asks you if you want to save the changes (WHAT CHANGES?!)
I did see your post in the B/G thread last night before I posted here. Just thought maybe someone figured out the magic formula.

I have simmed the playoffs and got it to stick, but if you do that you always be a 4th string QB in college. It is always random though....

I really thought this was a nice upgrade to CL, but man this really kills it for me. Alot of wasted time just to get to that point (college) and them to default back. Nice work.....

Thanks again for the response..
Old 07-18-2009, 12:02 PM   #11
Rookie

dmac's Arena

OVR: 3

To Adam/other EA people:

The game seems to unload any rosters you have once you get to college, which means on the 360 at least, it reverts back to the pre-EASC locker file (the horrible one on disc). This also was the case last year but '09 roster was fine so no one cared probably.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2009, 12:10 PM   #12
Rookie

Hughey2k's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmac
To Adam/other EA people:

The game seems to unload any rosters you have once you get to college, which means on the 360 at least, it reverts back to the pre-EASC locker file (the horrible one on disc). This also was the case last year but '09 roster was fine so no one cared probably.
I never tried CL in 09, maybe I should, I do still have it. When the rosters reverted back in 09 were they still named?? Because they are not this year.....
Old 07-18-2009, 12:17 PM   #13
Rookie

dmac's Arena

No it would lose names if i recall correctly, the "would you like to generate names" thing was for your HS team only
Old 07-18-2009, 12:24 PM   #14
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC12
Is anyone else having this problem? For some reason I can't get the generated names to show up in Road to Glory. I tried two seperate ways yet I'm still coming up with names like QB #2.

1. I have generated names prior to my R2G, saved the roster file, loaded the roster file, went through a whole high school playoff and then found that the names were still the generic names like QB #2.

2. I started a R2G and picked "Yes" when asked if I wanted them to generate names for my players. I then went though a whole high school playoff and the same thing happened. Everyone was still named something like QB #2.

When I did each of the above mentioned options and simulated the high school playoffs the generated names showed up perfectly fine.

Any idea regarding why this is happening?
I noticed this last night. I guess we'll have to wait for the named rosters, then restart our RTG.
Old 07-18-2009, 12:35 PM   #15
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

I would like to know how their QA testers miss this stuff or if they just dont have time to fix it and stick it down at the bottom of the priority list or not even on the list. Or maybe they did this on purpose because they dont want anyone creating a player on RTG and using a team they edited with all 99 stats to make sure they are uber and lead the online leaderboard?

Still thats no excuse for the names not generating everytime. I ran into this also like the other poster said I had to remake my guy a couple times to get the names to work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2009, 12:36 PM   #16
Rookie

Purx's Arena

I played through the high school playoffs 4 times trying to get the names to be there when I signed and it never worked. Eventually I just gave up and payed for a 5 star recruit and it worked. At that point it was worth the money.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »