Home

Thoughts to help REVAMP Dynasty mode

This is a discussion on Thoughts to help REVAMP Dynasty mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2009, 04:46 PM   #17
Rookie

sra9888's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Thoughts to help REVAMP Dynasty mode

That could work too. So many different ways to go with this.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:56 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

born4corn, just wanted to say that the ideas in the link u posted we flat out brilliant and creative. it just shows how much potential this series has. i love the passion!!!!!!
Old 07-16-2009, 05:04 PM   #19
Pro

Bballplaya72's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by radoslaw77
I largely agree.

I think you'd have to start with Head coach, and two coordinators.

You'd have to be able to sim the practice stuff.

And I think it'd be great to have some penalties. Have the NCAA take away 5 scholarships a year for cheating. Give the players back their GPAs.

I love it.

Schools with low academic prestige could perhaps lose players for being academically ineligible, or lose scholorships like you said.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:25 PM   #20
Rookie

sra9888's Arena

Thought of another factor with assistant coaches. Have an integrity rating for assistants. With low integrity they could cut corners and break some rules with the possibility of this helping you short term but possibly getting busted and losing schollies etc.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:52 PM   #21
Rookie

Alot of that stuff would be kind of nice, but largely un-necessary. 9 assistant coaches is too much, practice would be cool but is not for everybody...alot of these ideas would take a large ammount of time and EA can't even get the small stuff right...

How about we revamp Dynasty mode with...

Elite players (NFL type prospects) being the only players rated in the high 80's to 90's...

Then lowering the non-elite players ratings, along with lowering Freshman ratings...

Then adjusting the recruit ratings...(5 Stars should be below 82...4 stars...below 75...3 stars below 69...2 stars in the lower 60's...and 1 star and walk-on's at 50 or below...

Then adjust the progression scale to allow some players to make quick immediate jumps...

This can be accomplished through either spring drills where you can up a players skills or through a practice type screen, w/ number of reps determining how much a player may or may not improve...while being able to emphasize what skills you want to be worked on for each positon...

I think a sort of screen set-up for practice to similuate progression would be good. You'd have a set amount of reps for each group of players...QB, RB, WR, etc...and would have to divey up the reps between the number of players you have...

Young players with a high awareness rating might not need as many reps to improve, while young players with lower awareness would require more reps to get the same type of improvement...the fun in it would be trying to balance out reps between the young guys and your Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors....because if you neglect reps on some of your more experienced players and they won't improve or actually end up losing points.

Also i'd like to see week-by-week progression/regression. They had this in Madden 02 for crying out loud. You run your star running back 40 times a game, maybe he starts wearing down and losing some points...if your QB takes 6 sacks in a game maybe he suffers a couple point drop...

I think that along with a quick practice menu for the week would really bring the feel of college football because things would change week by week. That star 5 star recruit might only be a 76 at the start of the season, he doesn't get too many reps, but your star safety gets hurt, he gets some playing time and either stays the same...loses some points...or if he plays well gains some points.

I'd like the suspensions and academics and everything become a factor again...but it might not be able to happen.

I'd be happy with that...Just a workable system ratings wise that isn't broken after 3 years of recruiting...I want there to be some surprise recruits, some recruits that just fall completely out of the game, and some guys who just never live up to the hype...

A roster when in year 10 there are only 1 to maybe 4 guys rated 99...maybe also another rating for Pro-Potential...that way when you import to madden an 98 rated QB like Graham Harrell doesn't come in at a 86 as a rookie and tear up the NFL....That is enough to revamp dynasty mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2009, 05:59 PM   #22
Rookie

sra9888's Arena

Your requests are very basic things that EA should be embarrassed not to have in NOW. Its a joke. However, I would like to see it start building toward REALITY. Remember that old phrase "If it's in the game it's in the game". Well that couldn't be farther from the truth now. EA needs to start implementing REAL EVENTS from REAL FOOTBALL or else this is just going to be a crappy ARCADE game.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:37 PM   #23
Rookie

goodfellagator22's Arena

Sorry if this has been mentioned throughout the thread, but I don't understand why Suspensions/player discipline/program penalties can't be implemented when they are still available in the PS2 game.

There is a lot of neat stuff that is still available in the new PS2 games that I wish could just be combined with the 360/PS3 versions. Seems like in the multiple years that this game has been on the "Next" generation systems, more of these features wold be implemented.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:52 PM   #24
Rookie

sra9888's Arena

Wow, I didn't realize there were still player suspensions on PS2 for the new season. The excuses are really gone now. If the NCAA isnt stopping them from allowing the feature on PS2 they are definately not the ones blocking it from the next gen games. It's just more lackluster programming

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »