Home

Please read and give feedback ..

This is a discussion on Please read and give feedback .. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2009, 09:11 AM   #9
Rookie

KennyLSU's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Please read and give feedback ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
1. Not cheese. You can't dictate how someone should run their offense.
2. If you know this take advantage of it. Whats the counter to the aggressive settings ? By the way, you can see what people set their gameplan to in online games ?(that sucks)
3. See # 1. You gotta play call him out of that 5 wide formation.
4. See # 1. Yes its not how its done in 95% of the real world games, but its still HIS offense. Shut him down and look at the great field position you have.
5. Yeah, this is stupid, I would hate this also, but then I have to see #1 then think of the great field position Ill have each time he dont succeed.
6. See # 1.
7. In this age of the wildcat, I dont know how to feel about this
But, I read #1 and find a way to shut it down.

Now if anything he does cannot be overcame by the plays and options provided to you, then thats abusing a exploit and THAT my friend is cheese.
Please inform us of one team that uses all those things as a so called "gameplan" and which team plays that way in real life? If you think that is how to play a SIM style football game, please let us know so we can avoid you in online matches.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:17 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrowe
So I just played another random online game against a HUGE cheeser! I mean this guy must've purchased and read the dummies book "How to Win NCAA Online Games: Cheese Style" because he was a cheating guru. He had the mentality to win at all/any cost. I guess being ranked in the top 2,000 people online is a great accomplishment and his record needed to be kept perfect at 7-2 because...

1) He did not attempt a single run the entire game.
2) He choose to set his game plan as "all aggressive, all the time".
3) Offensive plays consisted of only "shotgun 5 wide" every play.
4) 4th downs were played as 1st and 2nd downs
5) Kick-offs were "On-side kicks only" because i guess there is a lack of options to chose from
6) Field goals and Punts are times to pick up first downs regardless of how far or where on the field
7) RB's/WR's make better Backup QBs for package subs

Also, he feel i should mention that this guy was a grown man (guessing probably 23-27 by the sound of his voice), didn't play as a top ten school, and his DNF (5%) and SS sportsmanship score (Level 6) were decent.

Seriously, can anyone honestly say that this is a entertaining or fun way to play a SIM style football video game? Like i get the whole prestige and enjoyment of winning, but how can you get satisfaction by playing this way?

So this leads me to my point of this thread. I believe that with all of the abilities we have of saving plays as highlights, there should also be an option to challenge wins by flagging certain conduct or plays. (Keep in mind that there needs the addition of scores and situations of the play added to the highlight to be fair).

Example: Situation "4th and 7 on your OWN 25 yard line".

The player is up by 14 points and chooses to fake a punt to complete a pass for the first down. Because this is seriously NOT realistic college football, you should have the option to flag and save the play (highlight) to build a case against the opponent.

Next, you should be able to upload these flagged plays onto EA sports world to be judge. People with outstanding SS sportsmanship should only be the ones to judge the cases by reviewing the highlight and clicking yes or no to bad conduct. They wouldn't know the GT or PSN ID. They would simply only see the highlight with the situation and click yes or no.

Finally after so many reviewers, the game would to be determined as a yes/no on bad conduct of the opponent. If it is determined to be bad, the player cheating or being sportsmanlike should forfeit the game regardless of score. Afters so many infractions, the player is band from playing any ranked match but is welcome to play unlimited unranked matches.

I hope you guys kinda understood what i was thinking and would like your guys thoughts on this idea! I think it is time to weed out the less-enjoyable online players.
I take it that this guy beat you, lol. It seems like it would not have been very difficult to beat this guy either if you played correctly. Instead of going into punt return, simply stay in a regular defense if you know he will go for it on fourth down like that. The only way to stop people from cheesing is to beat them consistently, not just complain after they beat you.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:21 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

In the future, you should use a thread title that describes the thread. Just saying "Please read and give feedback" doesn't help anybody. Everyone who starts a thread wants other people to read and give feedback.

If you are playing on the 360, you can submit a player review and choose to avoid that player in the future. Doesn't help during the game but that's what I do.

Bottom line is, it's a videogame. People who play on line want to win the videogame, not play a realistic game of football. I don't ever play against random people for exactly this reason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2009, 10:11 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyLSU
Please inform us of one team that uses all those things as a so called "gameplan" and which team plays that way in real life? If you think that is how to play a SIM style football game, please let us know so we can avoid you in online matches.
No one is saying the illogical style of play you saw was "sim" but if the game provides you with a way to beat it, you have no excuse for complaining. You have a right to not like the way the guy played but you can't put people in a box and say "you can only play this way"

I dont do the stuff you saw him do, but if I choose to go for it on 4th down and I feel the odds are in my favor that I can make it, I am not gonna limit my strategy to appease somebody who thinks i should play like vince lombardi. If you want "sim" then you be vince lombardi and STOP the guy from converting the 4th down.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:42 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
No one is saying the illogical style of play you saw was "sim" but if the game provides you with a way to beat it, you have no excuse for complaining. You have a right to not like the way the guy played but you can't put people in a box and say "you can only play this way"

I dont do the stuff you saw him do, but if I choose to go for it on 4th down and I feel the odds are in my favor that I can make it, I am not gonna limit my strategy to appease somebody who thinks i should play like vince lombardi. If you want "sim" then you be vince lombardi and STOP the guy from converting the 4th down.
What you're saying is hate the game not the player, and I can agree with that somewhat, but you have to remember this is a "sim" message board, and the way that guy was playing was certainly not sim, and probably very frustrating to play against. I can take a beating any time, but I did buy this game to have fun, and playing like that is not my idea of fun, and that is why I don't play randoms online.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:01 PM   #14
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

This is why I hate playing online. I normally don't play at all. However, this year I've played 4 games online (the most I've played since back in the PS2 days).

Of the 4 people I've played only 1 was a real Sim player. 2 were flat out cheeser's and went for it on 4th down, no matter what the situation and the 3rd guy only punted on 4th & long.

The last guy I played lined up in Dime every single time no matter what formation I was in. So, what did I do?? I lined up in goal line and ran the ball right at him. I was up 14-0 in the 1st quarter and he quit.

The point is... if you're going to play online you're going to run into these types of player's and it's you're job, as "coach" ,to figure out how to beat them.

Oh and BTW, I'm 4-0 so far

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 07-16-2009, 12:13 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 17

to the OP, your system would be good but we are probably years away from having something like that if ever. Would require a lot of time and people.

For now you can go into the online forum here and look for the thread I started yesterday about looking for a SIM game, and sign in there with your GT and try to schedule games with someone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2009, 12:15 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod27
I take it that this guy beat you, lol. It seems like it would not have been very difficult to beat this guy either if you played correctly. Instead of going into punt return, simply stay in a regular defense if you know he will go for it on fourth down like that. The only way to stop people from cheesing is to beat them consistently, not just complain after they beat you.
No, that does not stop people from cheesing. I think with any sports game you just have to realize that at least 50% of the people online are going to play a ridiculous unrealistic style of play. This same people will defend their behavior with comments along the lines of "well you should figure out a way to stop it and quit complaining." But that isn't the point at all. I could decide to play a game against you and just take every snap and run in circles until the QB is sacked. You would win the game pretty easily, but only after wasting half an hour of time playing a totally bogus game that had none of the excitement and strategy of an actual football game. Same goes for someone who always gambles of 4th down, always goes all out blitz, always throw deep, etc. You might be able to beat the guy, but only if you are willing to waste your own gaming time playing nonsense games against douches. And since the game punishes you for quitting early most people feel they have to play it out.

Usually what I do in these circumstances is just set up the playcalling to pick the suggested play, change the channel and hit the A button periodically while watching TV until the game ends or the other guy offers mercy or something. I would just quit but then other people see you are a quitter and don't play you, wheras getting a loss on my record doesn't bother me at all and won't affect my ability to get matchups.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »