Home

Please read and give feedback ..

This is a discussion on Please read and give feedback .. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2009, 06:48 AM   #1
Rookie

zrowe's Arena

OVR: 3
Please read and give feedback ..

So I just played another random online game against a HUGE cheeser! I mean this guy must've purchased and read the dummies book "How to Win NCAA Online Games: Cheese Style" because he was a cheating guru. He had the mentality to win at all/any cost. I guess being ranked in the top 2,000 people online is a great accomplishment and his record needed to be kept perfect at 7-2 because...

1) He did not attempt a single run the entire game.
2) He choose to set his game plan as "all aggressive, all the time".
3) Offensive plays consisted of only "shotgun 5 wide" every play.
4) 4th downs were played as 1st and 2nd downs
5) Kick-offs were "On-side kicks only" because i guess there is a lack of options to chose from
6) Field goals and Punts are times to pick up first downs regardless of how far or where on the field
7) RB's/WR's make better Backup QBs for package subs

Also, he feel i should mention that this guy was a grown man (guessing probably 23-27 by the sound of his voice), didn't play as a top ten school, and his DNF (5%) and SS sportsmanship score (Level 6) were decent.

Seriously, can anyone honestly say that this is a entertaining or fun way to play a SIM style football video game? Like i get the whole prestige and enjoyment of winning, but how can you get satisfaction by playing this way?

So this leads me to my point of this thread. I believe that with all of the abilities we have of saving plays as highlights, there should also be an option to challenge wins by flagging certain conduct or plays. (Keep in mind that there needs the addition of scores and situations of the play added to the highlight to be fair).

Example: Situation "4th and 7 on your OWN 25 yard line".

The player is up by 14 points and chooses to fake a punt to complete a pass for the first down. Because this is seriously NOT realistic college football, you should have the option to flag and save the play (highlight) to build a case against the opponent.

Next, you should be able to upload these flagged plays onto EA sports world to be judge. People with outstanding SS sportsmanship should only be the ones to judge the cases by reviewing the highlight and clicking yes or no to bad conduct. They wouldn't know the GT or PSN ID. They would simply only see the highlight with the situation and click yes or no.

Finally after so many reviewers, the game would to be determined as a yes/no on bad conduct of the opponent. If it is determined to be bad, the player cheating or being sportsmanlike should forfeit the game regardless of score. Afters so many infractions, the player is band from playing any ranked match but is welcome to play unlimited unranked matches.

I hope you guys kinda understood what i was thinking and would like your guys thoughts on this idea! I think it is time to weed out the less-enjoyable online players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2009, 07:00 AM   #2
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Please read and give feedback ..

I played a cheeser last night who kept rolling out with his QB. I kept corner blitzing from both sides. He must have been too stupid to adjust. I think if you are patient and call the right plays, you can defeat a cheeser.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:10 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
I played a cheeser last night who kept rolling out with his QB. I kept corner blitzing from both sides. He must have been too stupid to adjust. I think if you are patient and call the right plays, you can defeat a cheeser.
you may be right if you played a best of 5 series against this person, unfortunately you only play them once and usually by the time you adjust its too late
Old 07-16-2009, 07:11 AM   #4
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

There needs to be some kind of system put in place in these games now. I have no clue how it could work but when we end up playing an opponent like that we need some way to be able to leave the game without being penalized. If the game tracks stats once a guy goes for it on 4th and long from his own side of the field more then once, or onside kicks in the first half more then once and so on , we should then be able to pause the game and have the option to quit without penalty because of unsportsmanlike like play by opponent. If the game can track sportsmanship in Season Showdown, it should be able to do the same in an online game.

This option would only be available if our opponent is playing cheese ball. I would think the CPU should be able to determine this and offer this option just by the stats.

Last edited by JMD; 07-16-2009 at 07:13 AM.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:27 AM   #5
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

The 2 games I played online were against cheesers. The first game, the dude jumped ahead 21-0 in the first qtr! He was using his FS as his qb. Running a hurry up all game and going for it on 4th. Well it took me a while to adjust and I ended up losing 21-7. The second game was pretty much the same. The dude jumped ahead 28-0 at halftime. Then I finally figured him out but it was too late. 35-7.

I hate online games against random people. Seems like this year, the hurry up offense is the cheese of choice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2009, 07:52 AM   #6
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue10
you may be right if you played a best of 5 series against this person, unfortunately you only play them once and usually by the time you adjust its too late
No it is not unfortunate.
I don't care if I win or lose, I just want a straight game.
I never want to play that chump again.

PS it was a Michigan guy, was it you? If so, you should be ashamed. Every cheese maneuver was in full effect for that guy.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:10 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
1) He did not attempt a single run the entire game.
2) He choose to set his game plan as "all aggressive, all the time".
3) Offensive plays consisted of only "shotgun 5 wide" every play.
4) 4th downs were played as 1st and 2nd downs
5) Kick-offs were "On-side kicks only" because i guess there is a lack of options to chose from
6) Field goals and Punts are times to pick up first downs regardless of how far or where on the field
7) RB's/WR's make better Backup QBs for package subs
1. Not cheese. You can't dictate how someone should run their offense.
2. If you know this take advantage of it. Whats the counter to the aggressive settings ? By the way, you can see what people set their gameplan to in online games ?(that sucks)
3. See # 1. You gotta play call him out of that 5 wide formation.
4. See # 1. Yes its not how its done in 95% of the real world games, but its still HIS offense. Shut him down and look at the great field position you have.
5. Yeah, this is stupid, I would hate this also, but then I have to see #1 then think of the great field position Ill have each time he dont succeed.
6. See # 1.
7. In this age of the wildcat, I dont know how to feel about this
But, I read #1 and find a way to shut it down.

Now if anything he does cannot be overcame by the plays and options provided to you, then thats abusing a exploit and THAT my friend is cheese.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:19 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 9

For the first time in years I have been pretty good at stopping th a##clowns who play this way. Cover 2 and manually using my ends has helped vs the scrambling passers . The little things such as qb accuracy while under pressure has helped stop some of the cheeze. I love how wrs are dropping passes too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »