Home

Is the "homefield advantage effects" CHEAP??

This is a discussion on Is the "homefield advantage effects" CHEAP?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2009, 09:26 AM   #1
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16
Is the "homefield advantage effects" CHEAP??

In the description it says that affects the road team so that the controller shakes, the routes are jumbled and even what I expereinced was the button of the receiver disappears. It also says it will make the road team make more foolish mistakes like fale starts, fumbled snaps etc.

But is it such a big deal that it becomes an unrealistic hindrance on the road team? Like I understand a drop pass is more likely when the player is rattled on the road, but will this feature make my receiver drop passes when wide open in the end zone consistently just because it's the road team?

I ask this because the last time i remember a feature like this , it was so blatantly obvious that the road team was unrealistically handicapped. What has ur experience been using this feature?

Thanks for all the input......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2009, 09:30 AM   #2
MVP

deucepoppi17's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Is the "homefield advantage effects" CHEAP??

NO! Only cuz if u complete a few passes ur team "calms down" and all of that goes away. But when things go wrong, its just like real life. I love it.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:34 AM   #3
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucepoppi17
NO! Only cuz if u complete a few passes ur team "calms down" and all of that goes away. But when things go wrong, its just like real life. I love it.
Same here. There's only so much that can be done to implement the rattled/nerves in a video game. I like the approach and like what you said. A few calm plays where you start moving the ball and you're fine. Makes getting up early in away games important. Love it.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-16-2009, 09:39 AM   #4
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

I think it's a neat idea, but it does seem to be a bit cheap at times. Combined with the Quiz-the-QB thing...and it can get *really* freakin hard to actually do anything on offense. You can't see your routes, you can't hot-route all your receivers...so you run...and fumble.

In my teenage years, this feature would have probably caused me to break controllers. But I'm a bit calmer now.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:41 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've been enjoying it too. My rookie quaterback throws a pick, and a few of the receiver buttons get labeled "?" A completion or two, and his composure is back, along with the buttons. I think it adds realism.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2009, 10:59 AM   #6
Rookie

armagedn's Arena

OVR: 2

I like the challenge. it usually goes away with a few completions by my TE or RB in the flats.
And the QB quiz is good too. whether it was a TD or INT IRL the QB goes straight to sidelines and looks at the pics after a drive to see his mistakes. Only thing i hate is when they give you Cover 3 and Cover 3 Press as an option
Old 07-16-2009, 11:07 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

I think it is handled pretty well. If you take time to read the defense and are methodical about your play calling you should be fine. I was OSU last night playing at VT, and at first we were having some mental breakdowns (facemasking, dropped passes, false starts, etc.) but once I started being a little more particular with my playcalling and completed some short routes things started opening up. On defense I had to go from aggresive to balanced. I was having way to many missed tackles and penalties. I ended up scoring a touchdown with 1:30 left in the 4th Q, to pull away a win 23-16. I think the homefield advantage is working fine.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:58 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucepoppi17
Completely agree with you. I haven't played NCAA 10 yet but it sounds like the home-field advantages are similar to last year's. I actually thought that the home-field advantage didn't do enough and wasn't really that effective unless you were playing at one of the top 10 home-field advantage teams. Maybe it's different for this year...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »