Home

Before you post another Apex video, please keep this in mind.

This is a discussion on Before you post another Apex video, please keep this in mind. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 10:22 AM   #9
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Before you post another Apex video, please keep this in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drocks
To be fair to Apex, most of those videos, the issues he shows are generally things that I think are unrelated to the FPS, like the double tackle, or that last potty training video. Clipping and choppy animations may be related to the FPS, but I don't think most of those things he showed are related to it.
Yup. 100% correct.

Something triggered Apex to go into the replay. He isn't just targeting random plays and looking for weird things to happen in the replay.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:29 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 15

I'm not saying the game is perfect (what sports game is?), but Apex is the king of nitpicking. I subscribed for a bit to see if his youtube channel was going to be more than whining and complaining, but it never rose past that (I see it still hasn't).

If I were as unhappy playing videogames as he is, I think I'd just stop altogether.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:35 AM   #11
Banned

sois's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerowack
I'm not saying the game is perfect (what sports game is?), but Apex is the king of nitpicking. I subscribed for a bit to see if his youtube channel was going to be more than whining and complaining, but it never rose past that (I see it still hasn't).

If I were as unhappy playing videogames as he is, I think I'd just stop altogether.
There is nothing wrong with nitpicking. In fact Adam himself admitted that if it were up to him, he would tweak and tweak and tweak until it was perfect, but the game would have a 10 year development cycle.

The game is very good. I like it and am having fun with it. But if you were really prideful of your craft, as it appears Adam is, you would want the game to be perfect. There has to be this level of nitpicking to achieve that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2009, 10:36 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

Sorry, but I don't believe that he's seeing a ton of stuff that's making him go to replays. If he was, he'd show some real speed gameplay footage. Do you really think it's an accident that he's not showing real time footage? When the replay is at a 4th of the FPS that game play is running at, you're going to lose frames. Who knows what is missing in the replay that would show up in the actual game.

Nuckles hit the nail on the head. Record real footage, then slow it down. I'll bet we never see that, though. The guy is an attention whore that the typical always negative users are latching onto.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:37 AM   #13
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm not watching Apex vids, anymore. I love NCAA 10, so there's no point in looking for flaws, when they aren't apparent to me.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Old 07-16-2009, 10:39 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
There is nothing wrong with nitpicking. In fact Adam himself admitted that if it were up to him, he would tweak and tweak and tweak until it was perfect, but the game would have a 10 year development cycle.

The game is very good. I like it and am having fun with it. But if you were really prideful of your craft, as it appears Adam is, you would want the game to be perfect. There has to be this level of nitpicking to achieve that.

Yeah, but the HUGE difference is that Adam can do something about it, so for him, it's different. Apex just keeps hammering the same points over and over again and since he's probably working at a bank or something, what's the point? I can be critical of games and usually am, but this guy just keeps posting videos of the same gripes over and over again....

I wouldn't care except people keep posting his videos and clogging the board with the redundancy.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:45 AM   #15
Rookie

Happyvally74's Arena

OVR: 9

Before you post another Apex video, please keep this in mind. The dude posts a 7 min video of a 10 second clip. Talks for 6 min 50 sec about nothing.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:46 AM   #16
Banned

sois's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlfarris
Sorry, but I don't believe that he's seeing a ton of stuff that's making him go to replays. If he was, he'd show some real speed gameplay footage.
That doesn't make sense. Should he record every single play and then stop when he finally sees something wrong? He is using the tools given. He sees a weird even, then goes to the EA built replay tool. the 2k8 replay tool doesn't seem to have any frame dropping issues, so I guess EA needs to get up to speed with their replay mechanic as well. You can't fault him for using what he has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerowack
Yeah, but the HUGE difference is that Adam can do something about it, so for him, it's different.

If I were a developer, these videos would be helpful. In fact, at my software company, videos help the developers determine exactly where the issues are.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »