Home

Before you post another Apex video, please keep this in mind.

This is a discussion on Before you post another Apex video, please keep this in mind. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 09:58 AM   #1
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13
Before you post another Apex video, please keep this in mind.

#1 Please reconsider before you post it...we get it already...

#2 A dev already has explained that NCAA replays have 1/4th the FPS of the gameplay...the game is 60 FPS as far as I know, so replays have 15 frames a second.

Things are going to look atrocious at 15 FPS...that's half of what Madden 06 was running at on the 360. I already asked Apex to set up a camera (or use a capture card) and record real gameplay and then slow that down on his computer and to stop using the misleading in game replays.

We'll see if that happens...

I do admit that the game has some shortcomings, but once again, NCAA Football 10 replays =/= NCAA Football 10 realtime gameplay.

I have no problem with objective and factual "troof chasing." But that's not going to come from a replay has significantly less frames in a second than the real thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2009, 10:01 AM   #2
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Before you post another Apex video, please keep this in mind.

I'll post this here in case anyone knows: What are 2k8's replay fps? What about gameplay? 2k8 was at 60 fps, am I right?

I'm just pointing out that one game CAN be compared to another via replay if both are using the same fps in the replays and gameplay. If not, then EA is doing something wrong and needs to get up to speed with how they code replays.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:05 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 16

But the point is that replays are not just like normal speed therefore using them when they do not represent the actual speed of the games frames is dumb

No matter if 2k uses the same scenario

So you wanna sat 2k has sim replays..then go ahead

But ncaa shows the true gameplay on their regular 60fps game and not on compressed 15fps replays
Old 07-16-2009, 10:09 AM   #4
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football4Natic
But the point is that replays are not just like normal speed therefore using them when they do not represent the actual speed of the games frames is dumb

No matter if 2k uses the same scenario

So you wanna sat 2k has sim replays..then go ahead

But ncaa shows the true gameplay on their regular 60fps game and not on compressed 15fps replays
One other thing. I think the videos was that Apex saw something weird happen in game play and that led him to go into the replay to see exactly what happened. Just because weird stuff is happening in the replay does not mean it didn't happen in the gameplay as well.

I don't think Apex originally started out by scrutinizing replays. Something had to trigger him to go into the replay in the first place. For example, I know all of you have seen ******** thing happen like QB's trucking DE's and LB's. The replay seems pretty true in most cases to what actually happens on the field.

Yeah some of the vids are a little nitpicky, but for the most part, the original problem that caused him to go to the replay exists.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:09 AM   #5
Rookie

trendsetter09's Arena

OVR: 4

2ks replays are the same fps as the gameplay, whatever that might be (I think it was 30 fps for 2k5). Thats why the replays are never as long as the full play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2009, 10:13 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 8

Not like it matters because apparently now the video threads are getting locked and they're getting "old." Nice to see that only positive happy things can be posted about the game and when a thread criticizing gets too out of hand or, even worse apparently, actually has video evidence, it gets locked and shoved to the bottom. But what do you expect when the website is in bed with the developers of the game?
Old 07-16-2009, 10:18 AM   #7
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580
Not like it matters because apparently now the video threads are getting locked and they're getting "old." Nice to see that only positive happy things can be posted about the game and when a thread criticizing gets too out of hand or, even worse apparently, actually has video evidence, it gets locked and shoved to the bottom. But what do you expect when the website is in bed with the developers of the game?
Are you saying that a 15 FPS replay is an accurate depiction of a game that runs in 60 FPS?

Is an upscaled 480i picture also an accurate depiction of native HD?
Old 07-16-2009, 10:21 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

To be fair to Apex, most of those videos, the issues he shows are generally things that I think are unrelated to the FPS, like the double tackle, or that last potty training video. Clipping and choppy animations may be related to the FPS, but I don't think most of those things he showed are related to it.

Instead of just ripping him for pointing things that clearly are an issue, maybe we should just take them as they are, criticism at a part of the game, and hopefully the team will take note and in the future make strides to eliminate as many of these animation issues as possible. Let's not act like they don't exist, cause they do. For me personally, I don't put quite as much value into those type of things, but I'll be the first to admit, those types of things do take away from the realism of the game cause it just looks bad, plain and simple.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »