Home

Defense against flexbone?

This is a discussion on Defense against flexbone? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2009, 12:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Defense against flexbone?

Alright so I'm using a created team of mine (cupcake template with heisman) and I just finished a game against FCS East and Army, both of which I lost (yes, I'm embarrassed, but I'll admit to my losses).

Basically in years past I would ALWAYS use ask Corso, but this year it's kind of messed up and so I decided it would benefit me if I started calling my own plays. What I'm having trouble with though is on Defense. Any tips on what types of defenses to run against the Flexbone? Both of them were using it, and it was QUITE effective, as I had nothing to counter it.

Any tips would be appreciated. I beat North Texas in my first game, but two somewhat close losses in a row against the flexbone is irritating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2009, 12:49 PM   #2
Rookie

kidtnt27's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Defense against flexbone?

I would try 3-4 and spread the linebackers to cover both sides of the field. Or if you are getting beat at the point of attack, you could try 5-2 and spread the line. Gives you more beef on the dline. Also try to presnap reads....if you guess right...you can stuff the run.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:50 PM   #3
Rookie

ManOfLaMange's Arena

OVR: 7

Zone blitzes out of the Over/Under 4-3 packages work for me, keeping them mixed up and almost at random, and if you play long enough you'll see the patterns of when to use the new predictive shift defense thingy. Another thing to try is going to the 3-2-6 if your team isn't fast enough to catch up on 2nd and 6+ situations and blitzing from that.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:51 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

I might try the 5-2 next time and spread the line. I was using 4-3 and spreading the line, but then I would get beat up the middle or something.

Trying to guess the run is difficult against the flexbone for me. I was guessing it, and sometimes I'd get it, but if I guess left and they went right...ooooo it hurt.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »