Home

kickoff coverage problem?

This is a discussion on kickoff coverage problem? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2009, 02:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
kickoff coverage problem?

so I'm playing an exhibition game Virginia Tech vs. UVA on varsity (PS3 version)

and for some reason whenever I kick off the ball all my players are being knocked down like they're bowling pins by the UVA players

they've scored three touchdowns on returns because I never have anyone standing up near enough to even try to bring down the return guy

anyone have a similar problem?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2009, 02:41 PM   #2
XB1 GT: Cubone Jones

Cubone_Jones's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: kickoff coverage problem?

I've just noticed that it is generally easy to get longer returns. They usually catch me, but most drives start at atleast the 40.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:42 PM   #3
Rookie

joehoo's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayWolf323
so I'm playing an exhibition game Virginia Tech vs. UVA on varsity (PS3 version)

and for some reason whenever I kick off the ball all my players are being knocked down like they're bowling pins by the UVA players

they've scored three touchdowns on returns because I never have anyone standing up near enough to even try to bring down the return guy

anyone have a similar problem?

i had the same problem last year
Old 07-16-2009, 02:44 PM   #4
Banned

YES.

I've only played a handful of games and the first few I noticed my guys getting knocked down and the CPu always being 1 or 2 blocks away from a TD.

Well, last night, I played an Exhibition game and the CPU returned their first 3 kicks for TD. They scored on 2 KO returns and 1 Punt Return. The Punt Return they broke a bunch of tackles, but the 2 KO Returns, my guys were getting dropped to the ground and the returned was barely touched.

I even tried to pooch kick at the end of the first half and only saved yet another return for a TD with a shoe string tackle by the last man available.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:52 PM   #5
Banned

Just found this in the sliders thread ...

Run Blocking- 50/50- Run blocking slider effects ur kickoff return blocking as well, so raising this for the cpu allowed them to return kicks too easily. Had one ran back on me in a game, and almost a 2nd time when I had it up to 60. I've ben reading that any higher than 50, and ppl get knocked down too much on kickoff return blocks. So 50 is where it will stay and not be touched.

This seems to be the issue I was having last night (I think). Like I said, they were getting good returns but last night it was ridiculous. Well, prior to playing last night, I increased all the CPU Offensive Sliders to 60 (post patch). I'm hoping that's why my guys were getting tossed like children on Kickoffs.

Did you happen to also increas the CPU Run Blocking Slider last night?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2009, 02:57 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Pitt
Just found this in the sliders thread ...

Run Blocking- 50/50- Run blocking slider effects ur kickoff return blocking as well, so raising this for the cpu allowed them to return kicks too easily. Had one ran back on me in a game, and almost a 2nd time when I had it up to 60. I've ben reading that any higher than 50, and ppl get knocked down too much on kickoff return blocks. So 50 is where it will stay and not be touched.

This seems to be the issue I was having last night (I think). Like I said, they were getting good returns but last night it was ridiculous. Well, prior to playing last night, I increased all the CPU Offensive Sliders to 60 (post patch). I'm hoping that's why my guys were getting tossed like children on Kickoffs.

Did you happen to also increas the CPU Run Blocking Slider last night?
nope, I only just got the game today (from GameFly) it installed the patch when I loaded it up and this is the very first game I've played

haven't messed with sliders at all yet
Old 07-16-2009, 03:00 PM   #7
Rookie

BUBear09's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Survivor
I've just noticed that it is generally easy to get longer returns. They usually catch me, but most drives start at atleast the 40.
Agreed. Seems a bit easier to return stuff back this year.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:11 PM   #8
Rookie

ended up winning 44-41 in overtime

UVA had 540 total yards

346 from kick returns :|
101 from punt returns
and 93 from offense

time of possesion, UVA 4:24 Virginia Tech 15:36

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »