Home

NCAA 10 has no Procedural Awareness(Treachery in the Trenches)

This is a discussion on NCAA 10 has no Procedural Awareness(Treachery in the Trenches) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 10:38 AM   #33
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: NCAA 10 has no Procedural Awareness(Treachery in the Trenches)

People don't like him because he picks at every little thing about games and has for a while but one thing you can't deny is that he's right. Ive seen about 7 of his vids and every time I can easily side with him.

I'm willing to bet money that this is the way the devs for madden attack madden before they start developing a new game.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:39 AM   #34
Sitting by the door

Dice's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I don't mind Apex bringing up glaring issues with NCAA and Madden. If this helps EA bring out a better football game, all the power to him.

There is a but, though, and here is my issues with the videos.

1. There isn't constructive criticism. It doesn't do any good to call a potential audience fanboys or sheeple. You'll catch more bees with honey if you lay off the name calling instead of hiding behind youtube.

2. It will be more difficult to pull everyone onto your side with NCAA. I don't mind you finding the glitches, but there are people on here Apex that enjoy 2k5 that are saying this is a good game. Ram209 and JMD come to mind and I'm sure there are others.

3. Almost related to number 2 above, but not everything about NCAA 10 is a negative. I'd love for you to show balanced and fair reporting. Show a glaring weakness and then show something positive.

This game is much better gameplay wise than 09, Apex. I think if you acknowledged that, you'd have more people listening to your videos instead of always trying to bring EA and their customers down.

By all means, keep showing the videos with NCAA and Madden, but with better constructive criticism and more fair reporting.

That's my take. Take it for what it's worth.
Money in the bank on this post!
Old 07-17-2009, 10:47 AM   #35
Pro

OVR: 60

I'm not really a fan of Apex's videos. I won't talk about that though.

For people that think that football is the worst sport in next-gen, basketball is much worse. Also for people that say FIFA and baseball are bad, FIFA 09 was amazing and so is The Show, in my opinion.

Last edited by marcoyk; 07-17-2009 at 10:49 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2009, 10:52 AM   #36
Sitting by the door

Dice's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2

My only gripe is that people crucify next gen sports titles (doesn't matter which company it is) and always refer back to last gen games...forgetting that they had just as many nagging annoyances as the current gen stuff.

So if you just don't like a game, fine. If you think the game is garbage, fine. If you can't take the impurities and nagging little nuances that somehow always find their way into a game....fine. I can't say that you're wrong to not find the game's problems annoying.

But don't act like the games that we all consider the best offerings of football gaming didn't have their fair share of annoying bugs...because they did. They were annoying then and they're annoying now...but we lived with it and still call those some of the best sports games to ever drop.

Even All-pro 2K8 had it's fair share of stuff that made you stand up and say "now wait just a god **** minute" but people still sing the game's praises.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander...if those things were "eh, this is still a bad *** game" then I can live with a few head scratchers in NCAA 10 and so can you.
Also a good post.

I thought about the same thing when I was watching one of his videos and how he thinks that Madden 04 represented real football. Really? So Mike Vick being the greatest QB of all-time represented real football? Because in that game it was not contest. Vick was the ultimate QB. Or how about Alge Crumpler being the second coming of Kevin Winslow Sr? Or Brian Finneran being a mixture of Randy Moss and Jerry Rice. Or how about the Atlanta Falcons offense passing attack of the previously mentioned players(BTW, they were 31st in the league in passing that season)being a mixture of the 99 Rams, 89 49ers and the 07 Patriots offense? Is that representing real football?
Old 07-17-2009, 10:55 AM   #37
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava
i am still tyring to figure out why some of you are here.

1. you are not buying the game
2. you think its broken
3. you rather play another company's game

i come to the forums and the front has topics like this that does nothing for anyone....

i dont like mlb 2k i never go on those forums NEVER. NOT EVEN TO TELL THEM ABOUT WHY I DONT LIKE THE GAME.

c'mon fellas i am appealing to your sense of decency please leave our boards or post in the impressions thread
MLB 2k isn't the only baseball game in town, so if you don't like it, you can play the Show, which apparently is great (I don't have a ps3, so I don't know).

People might not like EA's NCAA games, but they want a decent football game. If the only people who came on here sang their praises with every post, nothing would get fixed. People have absolutely every right to point out the flaws of a game and try to get them fixed. If the mods of the forum feel that a thread is unfair or not in the right place, they can lock or move it. If you don't like apex's videos, don't click on the thread. It's not like it sneaks up on you, you know what you're clicking on.

And face it, the blocking in these next gen games has been atrocious. I'm not pretending to know how they have the game programmed, but it really does seem like if a defender and a blocker are anywhere close to each other, the game just rolls the dice to see if a block will occur, then triggers an animation to make it happen, physics be damned.

I think his videos are usually a little too long (2-3 minutes could do) but I agree with him every time. If physics/better locomotion and actual blocking AI was introduced, Apex would probably have very little negative to say.

Last edited by steelers1; 07-17-2009 at 10:59 AM.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:05 AM   #38
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

You ever wonder why Apex posts here, then doesn't reply?

What I have here is a post that I want APEX to reply to:

Teams/Players/Ratings don't matter. 1st - they do. You are obviously using Teambuilder teams, so I am very curious as to the ratings of #53 (your LG who was pulling into open behind your center on the play, not the center as you stated). Seeing as there is no head tracking in the game for blocking (which EA has never stated there was), the LG sits there and waits for someone. He turns the left first because the safety isn't in the hole.

He could also have low ratings in vision or blocking to create this, but who knows.

As for the "backwards blocking". It's a suction block. We all know that. You have made videos on it before. So, essentially, you are making a video on suction blocking, which has been in every football game...ever.

Truth Chaser? Try Fame Seeker. Making the same video and claiming they are different things is an attempt to cause controversy on something that is an already known fact, and you post it here because you know we have become the "big name" on the web for sports gaming. Trying to get your 15 minutes, I suppose.

People are catching on to you, bud. Time to come up with something new.

Again, I would like Apex to respond to this post, as he is the one who is calling out this video. I want to see his response. And try to type this one out, I think Operation Sports has seen our website on your videos enough.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!

Last edited by Millennium; 07-17-2009 at 11:18 AM.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:24 AM   #39
Banned

OVR: 12

I love these vids man. Keep it up Apex.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:25 AM   #40
Supporter

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I don't mind Apex bringing up glaring issues with NCAA and Madden. If this helps EA bring out a better football game, all the power to him.

There is a but, though, and here is my issues with the videos.

1. There isn't constructive criticism. It doesn't do any good to call a potential audience fanboys or sheeple. You'll catch more bees with honey if you lay off the name calling instead of hiding behind youtube.

2. It will be more difficult to pull everyone onto your side with NCAA. I don't mind you finding the glitches, but there are people on here Apex that enjoy 2k5 that are saying this is a good game. Ram209 and JMD come to mind and I'm sure there are others.

3. Almost related to number 2 above, but not everything about NCAA 10 is a negative. I'd love for you to show balanced and fair reporting. Show a glaring weakness and then show something positive.

This game is much better gameplay wise than 09, Apex. I think if you acknowledged that, you'd have more people listening to your videos instead of always trying to bring EA and their customers down.

By all means, keep showing the videos with NCAA and Madden, but with better constructive criticism and more fair reporting.

That's my take. Take it for what it's worth.
Now this is a fair point of view. Let me add however that just because he said fan boys (which if you read his youtube channel, you would get an idea why) doesn't mean that the criticism isn't constructive. The blocking logic in this game is indeed a problem, and he showed an instance of it. Could he have done it without the fanboy thing? Sure, but at the same time didn't he show, and explain (in a funny way) what's the problem he's having? Yes he did, and that's constructive in itself.

Also, thinking this is a "much" better game is subjective. As you can tell by people that have already posted in this thread. Some feel it plays exactly like NCAA 09, while I don't agree, I also wouldn't agree that this is "much" better than 09 because it feels very similar to me (albeit a "tighter" version). Some feel the strides that this game have been making isn't big enough at this point. You mention two guys that enjoyed NFL 2K5, and said they think this is a good game, I've played NFL 2K5, and I'm not ready to declare this as a good game. Again, its all subjective.

It would be funny to see him do something positive about this game. In one of his other videos he said the only thing he liked about the game, is the grass (comedy)...

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »