Home

Heisman looks SIM this year!

This is a discussion on Heisman looks SIM this year! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 04:59 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 8
Heisman more sim than AA?

Usually every year in madden and ncaa theirs a debate with the difficulties settings all pro/all american vs. All madden/Heisman. All madden and Heisman settings used to bump up the A.I awareness and ratings and downgrade your players awareness and ratings to be competitive.

Playing my Online dynasty and play now matches on AA is to easy for exp. FSU vs LSU 70-3, FSU vs UNC 48-7, FSU vs Ohio State 52-0. Basically the cpu hasn't scored mor than 10 points on me since I've been playing the game.

So last night I go to practice mode and bump it up to Heisman. I select and shotgun 4 wr's spread with my slot's doing 10 yard outs and my outsides doing 9 routes. Now the reason why I picked out routes were to see if the overall 70-83 corners were jumping the route like Ovr 90's. So after 20 snaps on each side noticing that the PLAYERS PLAY TO THEIR RATINGS for the pass surprised me. So im thinking this is impossible maybe Im heavily tipsy or im dreaming right.

So the next test was the running game. Just like the pass play I picked the same running play for both me and the cpu checking if they react faster than my guys, run faster, get off blocks faster, etc. Once again their is no advantage for the cpu that the user doesn't have.

Now Im still shocked thinking what the hell EA is actually listening to us forum writer's about topic's such as how cheap and stupid higher difficulty settings the cpu players turn into gods on the field. Well final test I played a game with FSU vs Alabama. By halftime 17-0 im up feeling like wow those 17 points were hard earn points and great play calls that got me ahead. I noticed that basically this year on Heisman the cpu calls more aggressive plays and they attempt to juke, spin, evade a bit more when running the ball.

So yea that's my story guys. I hope i wasn't 2 drunk and someone can comment/confirm that this is true. Thanks for taking the time to read.
R.I.P Sean Taylor #21

Washington Redskins
Los Angeles Lakers

XBOX 360 Gamertag: HOLLYWOOD III

Last edited by hollywood21; 07-17-2009 at 05:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2009, 05:03 PM   #2
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Heisman looks SIM this year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood21
Usually every year in madden and ncaa theirs a debate with the difficulties settings all pro/all american vs. All madden/Heisman. All madden and Heisman settings used to bump up the A.I awareness and ratings and downgrade your players awareness and ratings to be competitive.

Playing my Online dynasty and play now matches on AA is to easy for exp. FSU vs LSU 70-3, FSU vs UNC 48-7, FSU vs Ohio State 52-0. Basically the cpu hasn't scored mor than 10 points on me since I've been playing the game.

So last night I go to practice mode and bump it up to Heisman. I select and shotgun 4 wr's spread with my slot's doing 10 yard outs and my outsides doing 9 routes. Now the reason why I picked out routes were to see if the overall 70-83 corners were jumping the route like Ovr 90's. So after 20 snaps on each side noticing that the PLAYERS PLAY TO THEIR RATINGS for the pass surprised me. So im thinking this is impossible maybe Im heavily tipsy or im dreaming right.

So the next test was the running game. Just like the pass play I picked the same running play for both me and the cpu checking if they react faster than my guys, run faster, get off blocks faster, etc. Once again their is no advantage for the cpu that the user doesn't have.

Now Im still shocked thinking what the hell EA is actually listening to us forum writer's about topic's such as how cheap and stupid higher difficulty settings the cpu players turn into gods on the field. Well final test I played a game with FSU vs Alabama. By halftime 17-0 im up feeling like wow those 17 points were hard earn points and great play calls that got me ahead. I noticed that basically this year on Heisman the cpu calls more aggressive plays and they attempt to juke, spin, evade a bit more when running the ball.

So yea that's my story guys. I hope i wasn't 2 drunk and someone can comment/confirm that this is true. Thanks for taking the time to read.
i can`t stop lauginh... really.

how can you even think Heisman is sim?...
Old 07-17-2009, 05:09 PM   #3
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:

That is interesting! I would like to hear from others who actually play at this level. Did you do any slider adjustments or is this straight out of the box play?
Old 07-17-2009, 05:10 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I don't know. It's a helluva lot more sim than last year where I could take Baylor and beat OU on a difficulty that was harder than Heisman.

I'm not trying to make it sound like I'm the greatest thing that's ever played the game because I'm not, but I believe the game is still to easy for me on the default Heisman Difficulty. Here's my stats:

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/s...ndex/id/147875

Ignore the final two games, as they were RTG games.

I'm waiting for the Rosters and the patch before I edit the sliders and start a Dynasty.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:13 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
That is interesting! I would like to hear from others who actually play at this level. Did you do any slider adjustments or is this straight out of the box play?
Right out of the box sliders man.
R.I.P Sean Taylor #21

Washington Redskins
Los Angeles Lakers

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2009, 05:18 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven One Deuce
I don't know. It's a helluva lot more sim than last year where I could take Baylor and beat OU on a difficulty that was harder than Heisman.

I'm not trying to make it sound like I'm the greatest thing that's ever played the game because I'm not, but I believe the game is still to easy for me on the default Heisman Difficulty. Here's my stats:

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/s...ndex/id/147875

Ignore the final two games, as they were RTG games.

I'm waiting for the Rosters and the patch before I edit the sliders and start a Dynasty.
Well the reason the game is easy is the fact this is not a true sim. Any QB can still throw off the back foot accurately and throw bullet passes at 70 mph lol. I agree though with this game is to easy like i said I was up on Alabama 17-0 last night.
R.I.P Sean Taylor #21

Washington Redskins
Los Angeles Lakers

Old 07-17-2009, 05:22 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
i can`t stop lauginh... really.

how can you even think Heisman is sim?...
Have u played on Heisman yet?

Also I noticed on AA their are too many dropped INT's where as Heisman the user and cpu capitalize on mistakes more often. And no this game is not a true sim but HEISMAN is more sim than AA.
R.I.P Sean Taylor #21

Washington Redskins
Los Angeles Lakers

Last edited by hollywood21; 07-17-2009 at 05:27 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:28 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Well the reason the game is easy is the fact this is not a true sim. Any QB can still throw off the back foot accurately and throw bullet passes at 70 mph lol. I agree though with this game is to easy like i said I was up on Alabama 17-0 last night.
Funny thing is, I can't pass on the computer at will on Heisman this year, maybe it's Zac lee? I don't know. The AI just cannot stop the running game. Quentin Castille between the tackles more specifically. The only team that's stopped my running game so far as Colorado and then I came back and beat them 47-0 in the next game.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »