Home

pass/run ratio settings

This is a discussion on pass/run ratio settings within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2009, 01:24 PM   #17
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: pass/run ratio settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornstarch
Dude can you get out a rough set soon by chance? I only ask because I was so ready to use that original 09 set haha.
Hookem puts a lot of time and effort to get his right. I am just glad you are working on them as the math is beyond my feeble mind. All that I can say is that it makes a world of difference and makes the game a lot more realistic.

Is there anything we can do to help you Hookem? I remember last year we all told you the following info for each play book. Do you need that?

How many total plays
How many run plays
How many pass plays
Old 07-23-2009, 02:16 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 9

this is what i got so far. this is strictly for sim stats, dont know how it will affect gameplay if at all. sorry for the non sec crowd.

south carolina 60 spread
auburn 40 spread
florida 40 spread
alabama 35 balanced
arkansas 55
georgia 46
kentucky default
lsu 45
miss st 40
ole miss 45
vandy 45
tenn 40

i'll have to test the substitution slider for offense. since the season hasnt started a lot of this is open to interpretation but this is based off the 2008 stats, miss st ratio is loosely based off florida's real life 2008 ratio, tennessee off southern cal (since sarkisian and kiffin were co-oc at one point i figured this would be the best guess), auburn off tulsa.

Last edited by ActLikeYouCrow; 07-23-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:07 PM   #19
Rookie

coachchris's Arena

I have been running sim tests all morning and the first thing to note is like hook'em said the old numbers and calculations will not work this year. Although the coaching changes I made above are correct all of the numbers need to change.

The variable for number of pass/runs plays in each playbook is not really needed this year (thanks EA) so it should be much easier to get the right numbers based on last years stats and new coaching changes.

I am going to run a few more full season sims to double check the numbers I am coming up with. If they all come out as expected I will then start making some changes and checking the numbers over again.

I know Hook'em spent a great deal of time on this last year and it looks like he is going to do it this year as well which is much appreciated. These sliders are the last thing I want to get straight before I start my dynasties. I have some time over the next couple of days so I am going to get a good set up and going that I will be satisfied with. I will post them as soon as I am done.

Note: The poster above has Alabama at 35 Balanced which I think might be a little low for what Alabama did last year on offense. Bama had an exact 60/40 run/pass ratio last year and I think their number needs to be closer to 40 Balanced. I will check of course but that is my vibe from the tests I have run so far.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:15 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

to anyone who needs it (coachchris or hook'emhorns) i have a spreadsheet with all of last years real life r/p ratio #'s, adjusted for sacks, if you need them.

i can get you the spreadsheet via email/pm, or you can see it in this thread: link

if you need me to do anything else, testing, whatever, let me know. im going to still work on it on my own, but you guys seem to be on it quicker than me (this "job" thing is getting in my way, lol)

keep up the good work and keep us updated.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:26 PM   #21
Rookie

AC006299's Arena

SMU needs to be higher on the pass. Their head coach is June Jones, of Colt Brennan and Timmy Chang throw 70 times for 500 yards fame.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2009, 06:07 PM   #22
Rookie

coachchris's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by theharbinater
to anyone who needs it (coachchris or hook'emhorns) i have a spreadsheet with all of last years real life r/p ratio #'s, adjusted for sacks, if you need them.

i can get you the spreadsheet via email/pm, or you can see it in this thread: link

if you need me to do anything else, testing, whatever, let me know. im going to still work on it on my own, but you guys seem to be on it quicker than me (this "job" thing is getting in my way, lol)

keep up the good work and keep us updated.
Thanks Harbinater,

I am actually using your spreadsheet stats that you posted in another thread and they have been extremely helpful. I know jobs suck huh?

I am actually off to practice but then I have the weekend off and plan on working on them until I can get the numbers correct. Most of the results I am getting have been what I am expecting although there are a few that are a couple of % points of from what I am looking for. I figure several more sims and running some numbers and I should be close to coming up with the actual sliders for each team.

I will post when finished then you and hook'emhorns can double check with your numbers and make any changes you see fit.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:11 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachchris
The variable for number of pass/runs plays in each playbook is not really needed this year
yeah there doesnt seem to be a direct relation, if there is any impact at all it seems to be very little. for bama, the last time i had it at 40 i got 55%, the last two times i had it at 35 i got 60.8% and 62%, all adjusted for sacks.

the substitution slider does nothing, who knows if the broken fatigue during games has any bearing on that, but it doesnt affect sim stats one way or the other. the gt starting hb was getting 30-50 carries no matter what. looks like we'll have to switch to option run again this year for more spread out stats.

Last edited by ActLikeYouCrow; 07-23-2009 at 06:49 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:23 PM   #24
MVP

pimpinpidgeon8's Arena

OVR: 10

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4327427

ESPN wrote an article on the spread offense and went through and listed which teams use the spread and what version of it they use, thought it would be helpful for changing playbooks during dynasty

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »