Home

Chew clock online HAS GOT TO GO!!!!!

This is a discussion on Chew clock online HAS GOT TO GO!!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2009, 05:30 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Chew clock online HAS GOT TO GO!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDofBA
I love this feature.

You do understand that people can still run the clock down even if there wasn't a chew clock feature. I used to do all the time. The check clock feature just speeds the process up. If I'm up in the 4th quarter you better bet I'm going to be running the ball to keep the clock moving. That's football.

Great feature that saves time.
Yes they could, but they wouldn't bother doing it from qtr 1. I have no issues with 4rth qtr or even 3rd. But 1 and 2 it should not be avail.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:37 PM   #34
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by leetdemon
Yes they could, but they wouldn't bother doing it from qtr 1. I have no issues with 4rth qtr or even 3rd. But 1 and 2 it should not be avail.
Why? I like to control clock and possession. I don't consider it to be cheesing.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Old 07-18-2009, 05:39 PM   #35
Rookie

Jim Jones's Arena

OVR: 5

I LOVE chew clock in the game itself, just NOT online. I realize the time would be the same whether he wore it down himself or whether he used chew clock, but he never started running the clock down UNTIL he turned on chew clock in the 2nd quarter. My point is it makes it easier for a cheeser to waste the clock to 1 second on every play and makes them more inclined to do that then they normally would.

If you want to do that at the end of the game, fine, but all game...hell no. And if you can't play 5 minute online games without the feature on, then why the hell are you even playing online? The games dont take THAT long.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2009, 05:42 PM   #36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDofBA
Why? I like to control clock and possession. I don't consider it to be cheesing.

Nothing wrong with controlling the clock. But online vs a human. Do it yourself. Don't be lazy. Why should you get free time off the clock?...answer:YOU SHOULDN'T.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:42 PM   #37
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jones
I LOVE chew clock in the game itself, just NOT online. I realize the time would be the same whether he wore it down himself or whether he used chew clock, but he never started running the clock down UNTIL he turned on chew clock in the 2nd quarter. My point is it makes it easier for a cheeser to waste the clock to 1 second on every play and makes them more inclined to do that then they normally would.

If you want to do that at the end of the game, fine, but all game...hell no. And if you can't play 5 minute online games without the feature on, then why the hell are you even playing online? The games dont take THAT long.
amen to this brother. exactly my feelings.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:45 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 4

All I can say is that I had one of my most exciting games on '10 involving the chew clock feature. Up 10-7 in an online game in the fourth, I ran out nearly the entire fourth quarter with this surprisingly (to me at least) highly rated RB from UConn. I had a major decision to make on 4th and 1 at my opponent's 42-ish with under two minutes left. I faked the punt, got the first and kneeled my way to sweet victory!

Yes, I know no one probably cares about the details, but it just goes to show how ball control offense using this feature can sometimes win (or lose) you tight games like the one I had. I'm loving it!
Old 07-18-2009, 05:46 PM   #39
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jones
I just had the most infuriating game of video game football I've ever had with an Ohio State cheeser who not only scrambled around forever with Terrell Pryor, but also added what I now call the Chew Clock Cheese into his repertoire.

It REALLY pissed me off because he got up 14-0 with cheese tactics before I got a lucky break on a fumble recovery and interception to tie it up at 14-all...felt like I was back in it, then he starts running his usual cheese offense, runs the play clock down to one every time AND has chew clock on taking off about 10 seconds each snap. Really killed me at the end of the first half and end of the game when I kept it close and needed to get the ball back and he just ran the clock down with this crap. I try to keep cool when playing video game football but this game really sent me through the roof. I didn't even realize chew clock was an option on the playcall screen until this but I figure once a lot of people notice it, it's going to become very abused.

I realize you can return the favor to the person doing it, but then the game just becomes ridiculous and no fun.
No doubt it had to suck playing someone like that, but the chew clock feature is great. Look at it this way, you would have had to sit there for all that extra time while he just sat and ran it down to 0.

BTW, isn't the whole 'sportsmanship' thing supposed to put a limit on how bad the cheesing gets? Or is that only when you both use your showdown schools?
Old 07-18-2009, 05:49 PM   #40
Rookie

coachchris's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreyw1
Where is this turned on at? i saw it before patch and after i dont see it anymore.
I am wondering this too. Anybody? How to you turn on the chew the clock post patch?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »