Home

Chew clock online HAS GOT TO GO!!!!!

This is a discussion on Chew clock online HAS GOT TO GO!!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2009, 05:56 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Chew clock online HAS GOT TO GO!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGROC
No doubt it had to suck playing someone like that, but the chew clock feature is great. Look at it this way, you would have had to sit there for all that extra time while he just sat and ran it down to 0.

BTW, isn't the whole 'sportsmanship' thing supposed to put a limit on how bad the cheesing gets? Or is that only when you both use your showdown schools?
Not really. You can use any school to play but your points will only count towards the "favorite" school associated with your profile EDIT: From the dev himself:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
All the stuff for your background and default teams is based on your Favorite Team in your profile settings. This is separate from your Season Showdown team, which is selected when you first enter Season Showdown from the main menu.
. The sportsmanship feature right now is only useful in the lobby where you can see a player's rating on the ID card and differentiate the nice guys from the rest. I wish EA would allow this rating to be seen in online "Play Now" screens, as well as let you sort people in lobbies based on this rating. BTW, anyone noticed the DNF% not showing up in quick match screens?

Last edited by theohiostbuckeye; 07-18-2009 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Correction
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2009, 05:56 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 28

I agree. The chew clock tactic doesn't take any more time away. It just speeds things up, which is nice. If you play someone using this tactic, I would rather have chew clock on instead of having the opponent snap with one second left on the play clock each time.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:58 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachchris
I am wondering this too. Anybody? How to you turn on the chew the clock post patch?
At the bottom of your initial offensive playcall screen (the list with ask corso, by formation, by play type..)
Old 07-18-2009, 05:59 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 12

IMO, Chew Clock is one of those features that makes the game more like actual football. Teams do this constantly in real life. You get a lead, you protect it by running the football and shortening the game.
If you don't want people to do that to you, you a) can't give them a two score lead and b) when they do start to eat the clock you better score and make them regret it. But really, I love the feature. A+.

I'd rather drink beer because drinking alot of beers makes you more manly.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:59 PM   #45
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreyw1
Where is this turned on at? i saw it before patch and after i dont see it anymore.
Playing offline, it's on the page that has "ask Corso", "By Formation" and all that....It's on the bottom. If you get the ball first you can turn it on right away (as far as I know it's off by default offline) but when you get the ball, just hit (B) or (O) and it will pop you out to that page. You can turn it on from there. Dunno why it's only available when you have the ball...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2009, 06:02 PM   #46
Rookie

coachchris's Arena

OVR: 6

Thanks Fellas, dont know how I missed it. Off to play some more.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:12 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eski33
I agree. The chew clock tactic doesn't take any more time away. It just speeds things up, which is nice. If you play someone using this tactic, I would rather have chew clock on instead of having the opponent snap with one second left on the play clock each time.
The point is that the people using chew clock would not do so if they had to run it manually. they are starting it from the get go and using it every possesion.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:13 PM   #48
Rookie

jeffreyw1's Arena

OVR: 6

thanks i dont back out of that screen very much have a good day!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »