Home

Flawed Gameplay Videos

This is a discussion on Flawed Gameplay Videos within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2009, 07:39 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 10
Flawed Gameplay Videos

I'm aware that there is a thread dedicated to bugs and glitches but I was thinking that this thread could be used as evidence specifically for various issues with gameplay in NCAA Football 10. When I refer to gameplay, I mean what happens on the field that affects the outcome of the plays/games. What I'm not referring to is just some animation that may look funny but really doesn't change anything going on in the play; an example would be the animation in which the ball carrier is tripped and the tackler slides on his belly for about 5 yards. I've seen it myself and agree that it should have been fixed but I really doubt that fixing that animation should be high on the priority list.

For the record, I bought this game, as most of you did, thinking that it wasn't going to be anything but roster update with minimal improvement. Though the more I played it, the more I started appreciating some of the tuning they did; i.e. running game, catching animations, etc.

So I would please ask to keep the commentary to a minimum and just focus on the concrete evidence, your videos. I want to provide the development team with suggestions on improvement without having them try to weed through all the gratuitous complaining being done in this forum. I understand the frustrations but I ask to keep it out of this thread.

Hopefully this will serve as a useful aid in the development of future installations of NCAA Football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2009, 07:42 AM   #2
Banned

Re: Flawed Gameplay Videos

I'm going to start this off with a running play from my RTG RB. The TE and RT both choose to block the defensive end. The only problem is neither of them ever engage with him. Then this happens.

http://beta.easports.com/media/play/video/7485926

I apologize, I don't know how to embed. Anyway, as you saw, what could have potentially been a good 5-10 yard gain ended up being a tackle for a loss because despite appearing to be double teamed, no real block took place and the DE was able to stop me behind the line of scrimmage.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:25 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

That video shows exactly why i started the thread on RTG...you see that on 90% of the run plays and especially once you get to the better teams. Its so frustrating, but i dont think its a flaw i think its programmed as such for artificial difficulty. I also lost track of how many times the linemen move upfield to block the 2nd level but leave the OL free to tackle you. Another one is they get everyone blocked then some 300lbs DL comes and catches your speed back from behind for a TFL.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:06 AM   #4
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by darlon
I'm going to start this off with a running play from my RTG RB. The TE and RT both choose to block the defensive end. The only problem is neither of them ever engage with him. Then this happens.

http://beta.easports.com/media/play/video/7485926

I apologize, I don't know how to embed. Anyway, as you saw, what could have potentially been a good 5-10 yard gain ended up being a tackle for a loss because despite appearing to be double teamed, no real block took place and the DE was able to stop me behind the line of scrimmage.
That's pretty bad, that needs to be gone in a quick hurry. But were you holding turbo on that run? I find that I see more and more phantom whiffs and tackles when my finger is on turbo almost immediately.

Next time you play RTG and they call an outside run like that, try to run behind your blocker (without turbo) then just flick the right analog stick for a quick burst in the direction you want to go. If that doesn't work then the guy who posted above me is probably right, it might just be cheap AI to simulate difficulty.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:53 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 16

I dont think the one guy was suppose to help double the end. He just ran into the block from the tackle to the end. he was suppose to attack the corner.

but to me the biggest issue is not that he did not engage him...

people to this date continue to use the sprint button even when they tell you they do not...I believe they do because is in their nature to do so already

plays like that do happen in real life when the guy whiffs on a block and the back or qb is pancaked

i do not see that enough to call it broken or a bug

I was going over my game last night using Oklahoma vs Nebraska and kept my eyes on my fb the whole time.. with no sprint button being used ...I never ever ever use it unless i am infront of the defense already

I saw my fb identify all the time the correct defender and throw blocks. and perfect blocks that were not morphed

Once you hit that sprint button because you think you have a gap or lane then that gap or lane closes quick and you see blockers acting like zombies and defenders acting like super human

Some will say that is an issue and should not happen with sprint buttons

but it does and i think sprint buttons should not be in a football game

it should all be tied into the stick...but that is another point for another day

lay off the sprint all the time and just read holes and watch your blockers block right and look nice doing it in any level
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2009, 10:11 AM   #6
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football4Natic
I dont think the one guy was suppose to help double the end. He just ran into the block from the tackle to the end. he was suppose to attack the corner.

but to me the biggest issue is not that he did not engage him...

people to this date continue to use the sprint button even when they tell you they do not...I believe they do because is in their nature to do so already

plays like that do happen in real life when the guy whiffs on a block and the back or qb is pancaked

i do not see that enough to call it broken or a bug

I was going over my game last night using Oklahoma vs Nebraska and kept my eyes on my fb the whole time.. with no sprint button being used ...I never ever ever use it unless i am infront of the defense already

I saw my fb identify all the time the correct defender and throw blocks. and perfect blocks that were not morphed

Once you hit that sprint button because you think you have a gap or lane then that gap or lane closes quick and you see blockers acting like zombies and defenders acting like super human

Some will say that is an issue and should not happen with sprint buttons

but it does and i think sprint buttons should not be in a football game

it should all be tied into the stick...but that is another point for another day

lay off the sprint all the time and just read holes and watch your blockers block right and look nice doing it in any level
Yea I've been reminding myself not to use sprint until I see some green in front of me. It's easy on some plays and tougher on others, but you're right. It should actually be dubbed "the suction" button. While the running should be completely analog, the sprint button also shouldn't effect any aspect of the game other than how quickly your player runs...but it does.
Old 07-18-2009, 01:53 PM   #7
Banned

I wasn't sprinting. As I mentioned before, I've noticed the improvements they made with the running game, and that includes being rewarded for patience and not sprinting from the get go.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:35 PM   #8
Pro

Lubey's Arena

Has anyone noticed that when you switch to a CB to pursue a WR who's already caught the ball you can't get them to speed burst. They slow down after you select them. And I mean I press speed burst right after I select them but they don't, just keep running slow.

Last edited by Lubey; 07-18-2009 at 02:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »