Home

Don't buy Dynasty Accelerators!

This is a discussion on Don't buy Dynasty Accelerators! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2009, 11:44 PM   #41
Cao
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Don't buy Dynasty Accelerators!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
I bought a couple, I like them, especially the extra pipeline state.

I really don't care if someone else thinks I'm cheating or an idiot or a sell-out.

36 year old father of 2 kids, college degree, wife with 2 degrees, home in one of the nicest subdivisions in one of the nicest suburbs of Dallas...if I'm an idiot I think that's something many should aspire to.

I think some guys on this board need to tone down the name-calling and judgemental comments. It's a GAME, play it how you want and let others play how they want. Should I care if someone wants to spend their money on a Pac-10 theme and picture pack or any other DLC? No. If people don't buy DLC's they'll go away. It's simple economics.
I would 100% agree with everything you said. You and I can relate a lot. My post is not to label EA as making a mistake offering this feature (it is a good idea), my post is intended to inform any individual who is not quite sure whether it is worth it to purchase them.

Now you probably bought them because of your family life (crazy schedule), that I can understand. What I do not understand is that no matter what a person puts on a forum board, there is always someone that has to speak up and say that person is an idiot.
I presume it is fan nature to attack, we are all very competitive (sports fans).

DLC makes sense from a company view (which some people apparently carrying forward onto their off days) however, this feature is bogus and I would hope never to see it again. My intent is that it fails from a economics perspective.

Now if only EA would make an agreement with the NCAA players association and create a DLC of the true named rosters. We would all pay for that. I would be creating threads all day, praising them for it. Competition would allow this to happen.

Instead another useless feature from EA. Don't harp on me too much lol.

*gah no wonder I never post on forums. It also explains why some users have thousands of posts. Always something to fireback with.

Last edited by Cao; 07-18-2009 at 11:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2009, 11:48 PM   #42
All Star

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
Let's say it takes three seasons to develop a pipeline state. If they offer an accelerator that lets you buy one extra pipeline state from the very beginning instead of spending three seasons developing one....in the future we might not have pipeline states at all? And have to pay for them?
This is perhaps a doomsday scenario, but certainly a possibility given the precedent.

This is pure speculation, but I tend to agree with what someone mentioned before that updated rosters on Madden could become an extra feature that we have to pay for.

Of course it could end up that EA stops the DLC you have to pay for where it is at currently. If they decide it is a profitable venture though...well lets just say I trust them to not charge for DLC (as mentioned above) about as much as I trust the government to provide me with good and efficient health care.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:54 PM   #43
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
Man this feature is Weak
EA is a money grubbing company
No these accelerators will not affect smart people

But man does this guy defend EA to the death or what?

I hate to break it to you all companies are money grubbing. That's the goal of big business to make as much money as possible. EA is no different than any other fortune 500 type business out there.

What's the point of this thread. You aren't paying for new features. It's not extra money required to get more out of the game. It's for people who want to skip the extra work to get these features.

Big deal, in the grand scheme of business ethics issues, this is a ripple if that.

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:56 PM   #44
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls
This is perhaps a doomsday scenario, but certainly a possibility given the precedent.

This is pure speculation, but I tend to agree with what someone mentioned before that updated rosters on Madden could become an extra feature that we have to pay for.

Of course it could end up that EA stops the DLC you have to pay for where it is at currently. If they decide it is a profitable venture though...well lets just say I trust them to not charge for DLC (as mentioned above) about as much as I trust the government to provide me with good and efficient health care.
It's possible. But don't see anything to indicate they are heading that direction (paying for roster updates). Micro transactions are here to stay for sure (and are hardly an EA only thing), but I don't see this scenario playing out.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:03 AM   #45
Cao
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls

Is this a bad time to say I am from Canada, and we have great health care. Alright, back to economics, yes economics. It's what runs the country right? It's why Dynasty Accelerators make sense!

*oh god am I going to get razed for this....

its a joke people
(Ours sucks too...what can you expect for free)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2009, 12:04 AM   #46
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cao
I would 100% agree with everything you said. You and I can relate a lot. My post is not to label EA as making a mistake offering this feature (it is a good idea), my post is intended to inform any individual who is not quite sure whether it is worth it to purchase them.

Now you probably bought them because of your family life (crazy schedule), that I can understand. What I do not understand is that no matter what a person puts on a forum board, there is always someone that has to speak up and say that person is an idiot.
I presume it is fan nature to attack, we are all very competitive (sports fans).

DLC makes sense from a company view (which some people apparently carrying forward onto their off days) however, this feature is bogus and I would hope never to see it again. My intent is that it fails from a economics perspective.

Now if only EA would make an agreement with the NCAA players association and create a DLC of the true named rosters. We would all pay for that. I would be creating threads all day, praising them for it. Competition would allow this to happen.

Instead another useless feature from EA. Don't harp on me too much lol.

*gah no wonder I never post on forums. It also explains why some users have thousands of posts. Always something to fireback with.
The only time someone is called an idiot is when they make blanket statements, not knowing whether they are factual or not, and swear them to be true. Opinion is opinion, facts are facts, you won't see my opinion in here because all I'm doing it telling you what I know to be true and what I can prove to be true. Not how I feel. Plus you keep calling the accelerators features...when they're not...they're optional accelerators of actual things within a feature that don't offer anything extra or take anything away, just speeds things up to get the same results in much less time. Two completely different things.

By the way...there's no players association for student athletes other than the NCAA itself, and under their rules no one can make money off of a student athlete's name or likeness. So EA can't give us named rosters, that would have to come from the community (which it does...for free.)

Just being objective and stating the facts, if that's too much for some people to handle then that's not my fault.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:05 AM   #47
no1
Beer the Turtle

no1's Arena

OVR: 5

I certainly believe that this could turn into something bad for the future...its not a big deal now...but EA has been trying to monopolize the sports gaming industry for a while now...they have monopolized NCAA football, NFL football, and NCAA basketball. Where do they go from here? They already own the licenses...now its time to not only make you buy the game, but the upgrades each year that they should be including in the game...they have been reselling us the same crap over and over. This year its team builder...they took out create a team and now its a major new feature with its own main menu option...they make the same game for a next generation game and strip it of all the features...then introduce the same thing each year that you had in the last generation games...Its obviously a scheme. They can do this because they know you have no choice. No, you dont have to buy it...but you wont be playing it without giving EA more money...

Yes...its a business model and a good one for making money...however this attitude is exactly whats wrong with our society...imo
Old 07-19-2009, 12:07 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 4

i bought the dynasty accelerators and their great

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »