Home

NCAA 10 Commentary (sticky requested)

This is a discussion on NCAA 10 Commentary (sticky requested) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2009, 02:24 AM   #65
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NCAA 10 Commentary (sticky requested)

Quote:
Originally Posted by servo75
They need to start completely from scratch - find voice-over actors, even unknowns - who really are going to dedicate themselves and spend the weeks in the studio working on the commentary like they really need to (not to mention much cheaper). The commentary is stale because not only can they not even get the 3 of them in at the same time, they have to try to squeeze these guys in whenever they can (assuming Corso and company are soooo busy during the off-season).

Just dump those guys completely because they clearly have no dedication.
Yeah, I can't believe Corso didn't come in to do more commentary. All he did this offseason was have a stroke...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 02:25 AM   #66
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescoop
I work in radio. I Could do the commentary.

All joking aside (not really a joke cause I would, but EA would never use me.) but I think you maybe on to something. I remember I believe it was one of the triple play baseball games (before they started to completely suck) that had two guys doing the commentary. I'm pretty sure they weren't regular baseball guys, but two hired just for the game. They had fake ads and everything. I think this could work.

I say if you don't want to spend the big bucks then do this. There are several talented people out there that could do a better job than what we're seeing now.

I don't think we should dump the Gameday gang all together though. I like the idea that someone else had of keeping them on to do a pregame show. Could also be a post game show. The gameday crew is at its best outside the stadium.

And EA, I do have my own radio show and would be ready and willing to be your play by play guy. We just need me a couple of color guys or maybe just one.
i love the old NHL guys from like '02 and '03, the one guy sounded like he was on crack. he used to have this one line like, OWW!! I JUST SPILLED MY COFFEE IN MY LAP, or something like that.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:54 AM   #67
Chaos Theory

19's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsaQue
Yeah, I can't believe Corso didn't come in to do more commentary. All he did this offseason was have a stroke...
Wow
Old 07-29-2009, 11:01 AM   #68
Pro

servo75's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigal093
i love the old NHL guys from like '02 and '03, the one guy sounded like he was on crack. he used to have this one line like, OWW!! I JUST SPILLED MY COFFEE IN MY LAP, or something like that.
Yeah I remember that. I thought that was a bit over-the-top but it was really funny.

"That player really is all that, AND a bag of chips.... and a soda.... and candy bar.... and... be right back.
"Where are you going?"
"Snack bar."

Even the PA announcer was weird.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:53 AM   #69
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimLawNYC
Still could be worse. I remember NFL Football '94 for the Genesis had a terrible PA announcer. One of his like 14 lines was "Coming up on the 2 minute warning" and another was "2 minute warning!". The problem was that the first line triggered at like 2:02 on the clock, so what usually happened was "Coming up on the 2 minute warning--Two minute warning!" twice a game. It was laugable, and we've definitely come a long way since then.

But really, EA, is it too much to ask for some new lines from these guys every five years?
Yeah, we add new lines every year and remove old lines every year. The problem with redoing everything is that it would be even MORE stale as the size of the project would be much smaller.

The problem is that we don't have enough padding in the most common speech banks. So post play for a 4 yard run on 1st and 10.... we have maybe 25 lines for that. But if we were to have 100 lines for this situation, it would still get stale fast. And there are a lot of situations that you encounter over and over again every game! There are a ton of lines in there that many of you have never heard because it is such a specific situation.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:19 PM   #70
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Here's my fav. Say you're in a wildcat formation.

Brad: "insert name of QB here is in the shotgun".

Yo Brad my wildcat RB is in the shotgun and he and the QB have different names.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:04 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by servo75
Yeah I remember that. I thought that was a bit over-the-top but it was really funny.

"That player really is all that, AND a bag of chips.... and a soda.... and candy bar.... and... be right back.
"Where are you going?"
"Snack bar."

Even the PA announcer was weird.
that guy was halarious, everything was over-the-top. I wish i remembered any of those lines.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »