Home

These defensive line TDs are making me sick.

This is a discussion on These defensive line TDs are making me sick. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2009, 03:24 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: These defensive line TDs are making me sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronko3
I kind of like the lame duck throws in a way because it makes me pay A LOT more attention to my surroundings when dropping back to pass. I know I have to read the defense and throw the ball more quickly. And if my receivers are covered or bumped off balance then I just scramble like a wild dog outside the pocket and pray for somebody to get open.
Oh I love the lame duck passes. They just need a lower trajectory or something. Whatever is going to make them hit the ground more often than not. As it is right now, it seems like 75% of them are picked, and only 25% hit the ground. It should be more like 90% hit the ground, and 10% have the OPPORTUNITY to be picked. And just because there's an opportunity doesn't mean the pick should happen. On one of the picks last game, after a wobbly duck pass one of the DEs jumped waaaaaayyyyy up in the air and snatched down the football with one hand. Now that was lolworthy.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:24 PM   #18
six
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderRatedCoast
Happens to me at least twice per game. Three times last game. I was beating this guy by 10 points at the end of the 3rd quarter and lost by 11. He didn't score a single offensive TD.
You just aren't very good if this is really the case.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:25 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by six
You just aren't very good if this is really the case.
Probably true. After all, I can control when my QB throws wobbly duck passes just like everyone else.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:25 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 14

A- you need to time your throws better ,and stay away from defenders

B- set receiving to - purple- so your receivers come back to ball if they are on short routes
Old 07-19-2009, 03:26 PM   #21
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

is this a real problem, for some maybe but it makes this game sweeter for me...

because now instead of letting my backs run the flats free and pick up cheap first downs i am forced on 3rd downs to keep them in to block... little things like that goes a long way to this game not getting too easy..

i'll admit some of the picks are cheap as hell , i dont play online so it less frustrating for me i guess...

also on long passes i tell the line to block aggressive it helps....

o-line seems to be pretty good this year to me and i'm using SMU

#18 greatest EVA....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2009, 03:26 PM   #22
Rookie

bronko3's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Oh I love the lame duck passes. They just need a lower trajectory or something. Whatever is going to make them hit the ground more often than not. As it is right now, it seems like 75% of them are picked, and only 25% hit the ground. It should be more like 90% hit the ground, and 10% have the OPPORTUNITY to be picked. And just because there's an opportunity doesn't mean the pick should happen. On one of the picks last game, after a wobbly duck pass one of the DEs jumped waaaaaayyyyy up in the air and snatched down the football with one hand. Now that was lolworthy.
I'd say the vast majority of mine actually have been hitting the ground though. So I'm not sure what is making my experience so much different than yours. I think part of it might be a lot of my lame duck throws happen when I'm scrambling outside the tackles and so generally there is no DL in a decent position to grab the ball since I am running away from them.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:27 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram29jackson
A- you need to time your throws better ,and stay away from defenders

B- set receiving to - purple- so your receivers come back to ball if they are on short routes
A - Um, ok. I never thought about that before. Don't get sacked. Check. LOL

B - I do. Unfortunately there's no pass patterns that run my WRs into the pocket.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:28 PM   #24
Rookie

KentuckyJared20's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
If it was just me then I'd assume I just sucked. But it's the same thing with all of the other guys I play my OD with. Some of them are pretty average players, but most of them are pretty decent, and no one is just terrible. It would also be different if there were a difference between games vs the computer and vs a human opponent. But I've had games like the one I described earlier, and then in one of my ODs I was playing against Oregon. Only gave up 12 points to their offense....but they scored 40 points in the game. One was absolutely my fault on a stupid play, but the rest were wobbly passes picked by the DL and returned for TDs.

That's happened to me too, I played South Carolina in my dynasty and I ended up down 29-0 at halftime. Mainly because of picks, lame duck passes, and a safety. I learned from my mistakes, and in the second half I scored 22 points, while it wasn't enough to win it was better than a shut out. Try calling a quick slants play, it'll help make the D easier to predict. If there is no one in the middle, then their LBs are blizting, if the LBs are there then your OL is doing a bad job.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »