Home

I HATE the chew clock feature!

This is a discussion on I HATE the chew clock feature! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2009, 03:28 PM   #1
Rookie

icmOU72's Arena

OVR: 4
I HATE the chew clock feature!

I hate the chew clock feature especially online. Someone can get up 7 or 14 points in the 2nd qtr and turn that crap on. There should be a lock on it until the game is completely out of reach. if you are down 21 with less than two and a half minutes, then it would be ok to make the game go by faster, but if you are only down 10 with the whole fourth quarter to go, the chew clock should not be allowed to turn on. Would you guys say that this is Cheesing? I understand that in real football teams run down the 40 second play clock and snap it at one, but 20 seconds does not magically come off the clock while the play clock doesnt move. It would be more acceptable if the chew clock feature ran down the game time and the play clock at an accelerated rate, that would be fine instead of sitting there for 15-20 seconds waiting on the clock to go to one or two seconds. Say you are winning and want to run down the time, there is 1:24 seconds on the game clock and you choose your play with 20 seconds on the play clock. The chew clock should take the game clock AND the play clock down 12 seconds so that when you break the huddle you have 8 seconds to snap the ball and the game clock is now at 1:12. Just my thought. Also while i am ranting (ha ha) they need to tweek the aggresive strip ball strategy. It shouldnt give you a personal foul everytime you takle someone. Other than that i LOVE this game and i think ea did a great job and it looks really great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2009, 03:33 PM   #2
Rookie

KentuckyJared20's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: I HATE the chew clock feature!

Obviously, you don't know much about the chew clock feature. It DOES run down the play clock to :12 left. It doesn't somehow magically take more than :25 off the game clock, no matter what only :25 comes off the game clock. It can't be cheesing, it's smart football, if you're up in the 4th quarter then why not run as much clock off as you can?
Old 07-19-2009, 03:34 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 14

yep- they try to make the game sim and they give another tool to /for cheesers. the option should not be an in game decision to make
Old 07-19-2009, 03:37 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentuckyJared20
Obviously, you don't know much about the chew clock feature. It DOES run down the play clock to :12 left. It doesn't somehow magically take more than :25 off the game clock, no matter what only :25 comes off the game clock. It can't be cheesing, it's smart football, if you're up in the 4th quarter then why not run as much clock off as you can?

it is cheesing when used by a guy who got the lead doing cheese oriented stuff- its another way to rub it in your face
Old 07-19-2009, 03:39 PM   #5
Rookie

bucknut88's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram29jackson
yep- they try to make the game sim and they give another tool to /for cheesers. the option should not be an in game decision to make
Why does it matter? Its the same thing as somebody waiting manually to snap the ball...instead, it just makes the game go faster...

I could wait to snap it until the clock is at 1 every time and not use chew clock; and make the opponent and myself wait. Or, I could use chew clock and it does the same thing but goes faster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2009, 03:40 PM   #6
Rookie

bucknut88's Arena

Bottom line:

If someone wants to run the clock down every time they can do it, and they don't need the "chew clock" feature to do it.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:41 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

how do u use chew clock?
Old 07-19-2009, 03:43 PM   #8
Rookie

bucknut88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95Frazier
how do u use chew clock?
Its on the screen where you can choose formations, ask corso, recent plays and that stuff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »