Home

Must Patch Running Game

This is a discussion on Must Patch Running Game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2009, 07:49 AM   #17
Banned

SeminoleWAY's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Must Patch Running Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Right now we have linebackers dropping into coverage despite seeing run and it's way too easy to get outside on sweeps. Corners aren't coming up in run support, and when they do, they're getting destroyed by the WR blocks.

Linebackers are not pursuing. The pursuit logic is fine, but the spend a hell of a lot of time simply standing around watching the play, or back peddling.

There are no circumstances, unless the linebacker is actually blind, that he should be dropping into coverage if he can see the QBs back. It's not an awareness issue, it's not a play recognition issue. If he fails play recognition he should maybe over pursue or hesitate, but he should not drop into coverage.

If I play online, I am forced to spend the entire game guessing whether the opponent is likely to sweep right or left, and put all my efforts into stopping that, meaning everything else is opened up. In other words, I cannot worry about the passing game, the middle run, I just have to hope my players take care of it.

Sweeps are especially effective in 2-TE sets with both TEs to the open side and a both receivers to the opposite side. Run to the open side vs. zone, almost a guaranteed 10 yards.

I will stop any sweep from ANY formation. I my self get around 175 yards rushing per game, online or off and the D stops me for 1 yard to -yards quite frequently.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »