Home

Why did EA go back to the NCAA 07 graphics?

This is a discussion on Why did EA go back to the NCAA 07 graphics? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2009, 12:16 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 20
Re: Why did EA go back to the NCAA 07 graphics?

Graphics are considerably better than last year imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 12:38 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 25

Game looks GREAT to me in HD. The lighting is TOP NOTCH and the player models look the same as 09 which is good. The helmets have seen a nice upgrade as well with scuff marks etc.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:59 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 13

I agree the game looks stellar. I haven't compared it to 07 (and won't, since I no longer have 07), but I love the look, whatever it is.

And the animations are even better than that!
Old 07-20-2009, 01:08 PM   #28
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDuke
I also thought the graphics looked worse, but the more I play the game, I think a lot of it (for me anyway) has to do with the new camera. Maybe I'm getting old, but the camera seems too jerky or something. It really messes with my eyes.
I feel exactly the same way. NCAA '09 looks better on the PS3 when I pop it back in and the camera makes it feel smoother.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:26 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I feel exactly the same way. NCAA '09 looks better on the PS3 when I pop it back in and the camera makes it feel smoother.
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I don't have '09 to compare, but I don't remember feeling this way about the graphics last year, especially since they didn't change, apparently.

I also think the over-detail in the grass texture, combined with the shaky camera, really distorts the players during game action. Even when I zoom out on a paused play in instant replay, the players get jaggy and lost in the field.

I wish they hadn't changed the camera. It seems like it was something to change just they could add one more item on their features list. I don't see how the new camera has really helped anything for the better.

Last edited by BigDuke; 07-20-2009 at 01:28 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:27 PM   #30
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDuke
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I don't have '09 to compare, but I don't remember feeling this way about the graphics last year, especially since they didn't change, apparently.

I also think the over-detail in the grass texture, combined with the shaky camera, really distorts the players during game action. Even when I zoom out on a paused play in instant replay, the players get jaggy and lost in the field.

I wish they hadn't changed the camera. It seems like it was something to change just they could add one more item on their features list. I don't see how the new camera has really helped anything for the better.
I played a few games in a row of '10 and then popped '09 back in. It looked a lot better (PS3 anyways). But I know others disagree.

Edit: I should add that it probably is due to the camera. The players are more zoomed in and just look crisper and more detailed. The lack of panning also helps the game look a little better imo. Damn you new camera!

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 07-20-2009 at 03:19 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:35 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 24

IMO, the presentation and graphics are pretty much the same the past three years.
I even wonder if they've had Kirk or the coach come in and do a few new lines ... because I haven't heard any.

That said, I am still enjoying the game. It plays fine.

I suspect the graphics have peaked if they want to keep it running 60 fps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 02:42 PM   #32
Banned

BunnyHardaway's Arena

OVR: 36

If anything, I saw a vast improvement in graphics. I played a UF-Miami exhibition and The Swamp looked amazing, way better than last year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »